• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Elysia [Elysia Novus] Barracks - Day 4 "Prelude"

MarQuid

Inactive Member
Author: Tylium

Nathaniel was quietly lying on his back on the sandy beach of the island. He just woke up from one of the many nightmares that haunted him since he came here. Although he always died at the end of his dream the beginning always appeared the same.

He was at the military base where he was trained. Everything appeared identical to the real one. But the thing that was strange was that every time a person walked towards him it was a person he didn’t knew by name. Though the name didn’t bother him, it was the line they said that bothered. “You will die without somebody to protect.”

“I wonder who said that to me…” Nathaniel pondered a bit about this line. Things that happened in his dreams where mostly directly related to important events in his life, but for this line to hang around so clearly, he couldn’t figure out where it came from, nor the exact meaning of it.

Suddenly a soft humming came from somewhere behind the waves. “A boat?...” He stood up and walked towards the beach.

However it wasn’t a boat it appeared to be a hovercraft. The same one that brought him there. The massive vessel stopped just a few centimeters from his feet and remained at that location.

“Nathaniel Kygra?” A voice came over the speaker system. Possibly they wanted to make sure he could hear them

Nathaniel shook his head. He knew it was possible that they wanted to make sure they had the correct person. But on the other hand being extracted from training would likely mean he would be put into action soon. “You got him right here. So what is it you want?” He placed his hand over his eyes as a searchlight lit his location.

He could clearly hear them talking to each other. But the exact words where a little bit more difficult to hear. Suddenly two seraphs jumped out of the craft. He was familiar with them since his father had numerous of these things running around in the workshop but he never saw them in this type of light.

“These two will help you out with moving your equipment. Further updates are given when you return.”

“Same voice… Anyway, You two come with me.” He noted the two seraphs to follow him.

After just a few minutes he reached the place where he had settled his base camp. Although most items where packed after they were used he was still careful with the crate of explosives. He had received only the normal amount he had requested but due to local deposits of key components for explosives he even constructed a few himself. Which he pulled out of the box, and placed under a layer of dirt.

He handed one of the seraphs the box and ordered him to walk the other way around the island. Just incase it would blow up.

Upon climbing into the hovercraft he finally noticed why the person wouldn’t even come out. The arch angel handed him a couple of bags and noted him he should take a quick shower. He turned around and headed towards the location where the bathroom was located. Upon walking further he noticed the hovercraft already picked up speed.

Upon entering the bathroom he immediately let the bath fill up. He unbuckled his complete jumpsuit and folded it before entering the bath. The bath was constructed for arch angels as the upper area was larger then the area of his feet to accommodate their large wings. He spread his wings a bit and looked underneath the feathers for parasites like ticks or lice. Luckily there were none located on both his left and right wing. He sunk a bit deeper into the bath until nothing but two edges of wings stuck out of the water.

He completely forgot the time and by the time he got his grip on time back he noted they had already reached their destination. He quickly opened the bags he was handed and grabbed the new and clean clothing. The second bag didn’t contain clothing but A new atromos rifle complete with four magazines, Grenade launcher and several boxes of grenades for the launcher. As well as several smaller weapons. He hung the rifle over his shoulder and stepped out of the bathroom.

Upon arriving on the main deck he was greeted by two plebeians that appeared to be cleaning the deck. Suddenly a large arch angel appeared right in front of him. “The person down there will help you out further now mov….e… wait. That scar! So you’re the punk who bested my son. I must say I am proud of him to actually to actually be able deliver something like this to his enemy”

Nathaniel didn’t say one word the only contact he had with the angel after that was a vicious glare. He walked down the ramp only to be greeted by somebody that worked at the base. This person towed a small car in which he placed the two bags. However before he could leave Nathaniel grabbed a couple of smoke grenades and put them in their respective bags. “So who do I speak?” He wasn’t willing to chit chat with some civilian at four O clock in the morning.

“Well… I have orders to inform you of the fact that an instructor got reprimanded for having a relation with a lower ranking officer while on duty. Thus that’s why they wanted you to fill in her position until she gets back.” He grabbed some papers and handed it to Nathaniel. “This is the location where their barrack is and these are their names.” He handed a book containing several photographs and statistics obviously written as a way to see if the said person improves or not.

“Thanks just make sure you do not lose those bags.” Nathaniel walked towards the barrack indicated on the map. He read through a few reports and noticed that a couple of them appeared to be severely disobedient. “Heh, this could be interesting.” He slammed the door open and barked in a loud way that even his old instructor would be scared. “RISE AND SHINE! YOU GUYS GOT TEN MINUTES TO GET READY OUTSIDE! He took a step outside and pressed a button on his watch causing it to record how much time had passed since it had been pressed.

Author: Michael Brazille

Michael was sleeping, dreaming of the soft sun on his face when he was younger in his families garden when a great voice boomed out over the bunks. Michael sat up straight almost hitting his head on the top bunk and falling out of bed. He sat up and rubbed his eyes before quickly putting on his gear and walking outside. He lined up next to a few of the cadets that had already gotten out to the field. Standing up straight as he looked the seemingly new commander over. Wow he thought as he saw the mans blue hair.. How did that? Oh well I might figure it out later. The man looked a bit short but Michael was sure that he was quite capable in combat. He stood at attention and waited for orders.

Nathaniel waited with inspecting the troops until every single one of them was accounted for. Somehow he had a feeling that wouldn’t be needed but it was his duty for this moment. But before he could even speak he was interrupted by another courier. He turned around and looked straight into the eyes of the courier that was a little bit taller then him. He had a look in his eyes that he couldn’t digest. “So what do the bosses bring today?” He had a feeling like there was another change of plans.

“Well aren’t we grumpy. Wel….. URGH!!” The courier nearly chocked as Nathaniel grabbed his jacket and pulled his head down effectively forcing him to get on his knees or suffer from suffocation.

“Didn’t they tell you at your training? You’ll address me as, SIR! Whether you like it, or not is not my concern. Neither is your opinion’s about how I behave. Now answer my question! What did those people from upstairs came up with now?” He relieved the person allowing him to stand up again and try again. Even though Nathaniel looked like he was going to snap, he was in full control of himself.

“Excuse me sir!” The courier straightened his jumpsuit and saluted. He handed Nathaniel a small package of papers.

Nathaniel never saluted back. In his eyes saluting back because he suddenly did what he wanted was not of a reminder enough that he went over the line. He grabbed the paper and started reading the contents of it. It only took him a few seconds to understand that this wasn’t anything he had expected. He tilted his head a bit looking back at the courier that was just asking for receiving a swift kick into his behind. “Tell them that I will do what I am ordered to do.” He did salute this time hoping the courier understood the fact that he was prepared to humiliate him again if he tried another one of those stunts.

“Your acceptance of this mission will be noted to the head of staff. SIR!” The courier nearly forgot to say it again. He knew a lot of commanders where lacks with him not saying this due to his more civilian state of work but this person was different. He headed off hoping he wouldn’t receive a bullet in his back.

Nathaniel on the other hand was not so happy with these changes. He read the document one full time and peered over the edge of the paper to the group of recruits. Don’t they know that most of these wouldn’t be able to even fend of a civilian…. He bit the underside of his lip and let this thought sink a bit.

He looked once again to the group. “Okay let me introduce myself first. My name is Nathaniel Kygra. I have been assigned to replace your previous instructor. As you might have just noticed I am not a person who likes people who don’t know their place. Before I will tell you guys about the contents of these documents you’re getting the time to ask a few questions.”

Michael looked up. "SIR, As our new commanding officer is there anything new you will be subjecting us to? Is there anything you plan on adding to out training program?" Michael looked around, not many people had gotten up yet.

Nathaniel looked around the group after one of them asked his question. Every single-one of them seemed to be either waiting for him to answer that question or not interested in chit chats. However they should learn that they should spit out their questions if he wasn’t answering one. “Let’s get this clear. Every single officer trains you in the way he deems right. However…” He held the documents up into the air. “I’ve just been ordered to get your asses into gear and help out with smoking out some monkeys.” Monkey’s was his nickname for the Nepleslians since he could remember seeing a picture of them. “The time of when we need to be there is ten O’clock. So I want everybody here at eight so I can get you guys some equipment. But for now rest a bit and get some food down your pipe. I am not going to slow down later today because one of you forgot to eat properly. If you’re looking for me I’ll be inside the medical building. For now. DISMISSED!” Nathaniel continued to stand in front of the barracks until every single one of the group had moved from his spot.

Author: Doshii Jun

"Very good, Kygra," a Patrician commander said from behind Nathaniel after everyone had cleared out of the area near the barracks. He was typical of his race, wings folded behind him. "And I see you've recieved your orders. You understand your mission, then?"

Author: Flynt Ferrix

Schuyler Aetius rose somewhat slowly, but still at a brisk rate. He didnt know what was going on, but he was very sure that this new arrival was all business.

He got to the formation, not late, but definitely not the first. It had been a long time since he was a good morning person.

He went to the mess hall and collected some food. He was going to get a good meal. Plenty of fiber. Good for blocking yourself up, especially if you were going to be in a gun battle later, he learned.

Doshii Jun wrote:
"Very good, Kygra," a Patrician commander said from behind Nathaniel after everyone had cleared out of the area near the barracks. He was typical of his race, wings folded behind him. "And I see you've recieved your orders. You understand your mission, then?"

Nathaniel turned around and faced a rather well-built patrician. He knew damn well he had to watch his tone. Patricians where known for having long toes but those in a commanding function had toes that literally stretched for miles long. "SIR! I understand my mission and they understand theirs. My first and foremost objective is the elimination of the Nepleslian intruders. Either by incapacitating them, or killing them. Second objective is the destruction of the item or items they are looking for. Third and last objective is the silencing of any resistance from the public. I take it that is what you wanted to hear, sir?"

Author: Mola

Within the seconds of silence there was a growl and a ropugh "rawr" from the shadow's of the barracks followed by amused laughter from several diffrent sources. The plebians however fled, choosing not to get caught.

Evanael fetched himself a big breakfast, something more than Nerael ever allowed them to eat. Once he was satisfied he wouldn't die from gnawing hunger he managed a climb onto the roof of the barracks and took alook at his new commanding officer and the Patrician he and his new found friends had made fun of. With a smirk he leapt off the roof. It was nothing compared to the other jump's he'd been forced to make.

He bent his knees and with a flaring of his wings he managed to keep himself on his feet. His shins hurt though, but he'd get past that. Evanael straightened and turned, drifting into the Barracks to fetch what little gear he had with him. He stuffed it in an old backpack he'd brought it in and slung it over a shoulder.

"What they are looking for is valuable to the Nepleslian Empire, and could be used for future diplomatic haggling ... or so I've been told." The Patrician seemed roughly annoyed, but not with the Plebian before him. "Why they give the job to the military is beyond me; the diplomats have agencies they could use just as easily."

He sighed. "But we are at their mercy, so we do as ordered. Be careful with 'silencing,' Kygra," the Patrician said, his stick-straight, shiny hair falling down his shoulders. "We've no need to draw ... unwarranted attention, to our mission."

Nathaniel noticed the fact that the officer was either playing dumb or he was just testing him out. Is it possible that he might not consider the plebeian’s to oppose us? But even if they are not going to do that…

Nathaniel closed off that thought he knew damn well that any chance of involving the general public should be avoided. But he wasn’t all too happy with the fact that they could be anywhere in that city and possibly rounded up some plebeians to fight us off to buy some time for them.

“I have no problem with avoiding the general public to even notice the fights. But to be straight to the point. I want none of the names of my team to be known to people that, don’t need to know them. Not through military channels or press. Both, during and after the mission. This due to people might want to take revenge against their families if something happens. After all I am not expecting this mission is going to be as smooth as we want it to be.” He knew he was going a bit over the line by requesting that, but if something would happen to their families there could be even greater problems.

" ... A bit pretentious of you, but the request is reasonable. There had been no plans to release names before, and there are none now. I am the first-line commander of the operation, Kygra. Two generals above me know of the operation, but do not know your names. That is my task. There will also be one of my lieutenants, and he will be as informed as I am."

The Patrician folded his arms in front of him. "You require equipment. Some can be ... 'plied,' for this assignment. Get me a list from your men soon -- nothing extravagant."

Nathaniel suddenly had a smirk on his face. Could his new commander be aiming that remark at him? “I take it you read the reports about me sir? Anyway I will hand over the weapon list as soon as I have every one of them soul saved. Just in case one of them might be shot down. Depending on the time that will take you will receive both their and my list before the mission starts. And don’t worry. I won’t be using high explosives that close to my home.”

He was shocked that he actually noted his home was near the location where the mission was about to take place.

"Your home?" The Patrician said, sounding surprised. It was not a tone he required at the moment. "Splendid -- you have contacts in the area then. Utilize them. And yes, your reputation preceeds you. Attempt a more surgical method than your previous excursions."

The commander narrowed his eyes. "Your targets will lack this approach."

Nathaniel was shocked about the commander just confirming his fear. The fear of that the enemy would try anything just to accomplish their goals. However he knew that he and his team might be the only team that could stop them. “Sir, It’s a pleasure, to have such an outstanding officer as my superior. I hope we meet someday, in a, lets say, ‘less violent setting?’ But as I already noted to my team I have a meeting with the local doctor’s. I haven’t been checked for any, anomalies in and on my body except by my own eyes. And I would like to have that done as soon as possible.” He waited silently for the answer of his commanding. Officer for all he knew he might have something else to tell him.

"All well and good ... but see that our medical teams examine you as well." The officer seemed to ignore the "meeting" part. "That will be all, Kygra. Round up your men and get to it."

The officer then left, leaving Nathaniel to his own devices.

Evanael watched the patrician dismiss his new superior. With a smirk he walked over, trying to be quiet. With the same smirk still on his face he reached out and clamped his hands on Nathaniel's shoulders and said "boo" in the scariest voice he could manage.

Michael was still standing next to the new commander and his superior even after everyone else left and was surprised when he saw Evanael go up and try to scare the commander... "bad move.." he whispered under his breath. We walked up to the new commander and put out his hand to shake. "Hello Sir I am Michael Brazille, And I was wondering if we were going to do some more weapons training before we go on this mission? Im a little rusty I just got here and have not been given the chance to prove my worth with a fire arm." He smirked. “Although I have a feeling I am going to have plenty of chances to prove it in this mission.”

Author: Yangfan

== CUT SCENE ==

Scene: A Plebian apartment, location unknown.

Meanwhile, in their safe house, the three Nepleslians were just rising. They dressed quickly, with the urgency of men on a mission. The windows were shuttered, allowing only faint sunlight into the room. It was too dark to make out facial features.

While the shortest one stuffed electronic equipment into two backpacks, the tall, lanky one handed a non-descript satchel to the ID-SOL.

“Where do you want it today, Mr. Kincaid?” asked the ID-SOL.

“Hmm…” answered the tall one while he scratched his chin. “I’ll leave it up to you, Mr. Camero.”

The ID-SOL nodded. “You know, I’m only a hireling. You can just call me Larry.”

“And disrespect an elder and a veteran of many wars? I wouldn’t have it, Mr. Camero.”

Mr. Camero shrugged. “As long as I still get paid… have it your way.” He slung the satchel on one shoulder and opened the apartment door.

== END CUT SCENE ==

(OoC: Trying something new here. Comments welcome in discussion thread.)

Nathaniel walked away after he saluted to his superior. While he walked away he suddenly felt a slight pressure on his shoulder. He turned his face around but when he was doing that Evaneal’s prank played out the way he expected as nathaniel nearly lost balance due to the shock. “Okay…. So who do we have here?” He faced Evaneal. However, at the same time Micheal interupted him. “Maybe after I finish my stuff Micheal.”

"Michael, dont worry about it. You'll be fine... Nothing better than learning on the battle feild eh?" He turned to Nathan and eyed him "Scared you?" He asked and let a grin show. "Good, intended effect. Evanael Aleal sir."

“Evaneal, take my advice and don’t try to do things like that when on duty.” His face turned from a serious one, to a more devious one when he thought of a way to let Evaneal know how, ‘funny’ it is to have people like him practicing jokes to his superiors. “Evaneal, I’m designating you as the team leader. Your job will be to keep the men in line. Any rule breaking will be addressed to both the person who breaks it and you. The men will report to you and you will report to me. You will still be under my command but I take it you wont have problems with that, now do you?” He knew this might get a bit harsh on Evaneal but he had to know his place.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back