• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Elysian Faction Manager Request

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
Alrighty-o. I’d say it’s that time of year again, but it’s been, uh… does some maths … six years, eight months, and ten days since I last did this, so I can’t really say it’s a yearly occurrence. Also, that was definitely not me trying to come up with a way to preface this and failing. Anyways, I’ll try to keep this short and sweet, unlike the one hundred-ton Annihilator mech of a post I linked, thus without any further ado…

After briefly talking things over with @Arbitrated this morning, I received permission from her to once more become the Faction Manager of the Elysian Celestial Empire, thus with the blessing of @Wes I’d like to resume the position of leadership I stepped down from back in 2018 or 2019. (Despite my best efforts, I could not for the life of me find the post where I said I was stepping down, despite the fact that I know beyond a doubt that I did so. Sorry ><)

With that out of the way, here’s what I’ll be bringing to the table…
  • A highly active roleplayer with characters in three plots (Matokai Masato in Die Screaming, Ana’stasia Faldel’la in Kingdom Fall, and Barachiel Valeria in Fall of Osman) and a fourth on the way (Machariel Valeria in YSS Wakaba).
  • Faction roleplay, as evidenced by the news articles I’ve written and the aforementioned presence of Barachiel in the Osman plot. I originally intended for a third to have been published by now, but unfortunately work had other plans
  • Extensive knowledge of the wiki’s Elysian articles.
  • Huge (albeit very, very, very, very far off) plans for the Elysian Celestial Empire, up to and including their eventual independence from the Yamatai Star Empire and their re-emergence as a galactic power. (Don’t worry, Yuuki, I don’t plan for this to happen for at least several years - I want to have several skyscrapers’ worth of foundations before taking the plunge, given how monumental such an event will be in-character.)
…and here’s what I won’t be bringing to the table.
  • Plots; as the failure of my Ascension plot indicates, I’m still not ready to or comfortable with being a Game Master, though having to write for a plethora of NPCs in the Fall of Osman plot will hopefully remedy this somewhat.
    • With that being said, however, if anyone does want to run a plot for le birbs, please get in touch with me over Discord or the forums!
  • Wiki work; though I was a monster (almost on par with Nakshatra) at wiki work back in the day, my ADHD - which is no longer tamed by medication - makes it extremely hard for me to focus on things for any length of time, as indicated by the fact that even after a year of on-and-off effort I have yet to finish revamping Masato’s backstory. (Sorry Char!)

Anyhoos, I promised that this wouldn’t be a Great Wall of Text™ and thus I’ll be ending the post here in what is probably one of the most abrupt endings of all time, because I genuinely don’t know how I ought to end this, as indicated by my overuse of the word “end.” I thank you all for reading this, and I hope you have a safe trip-wait, no, this is SARP, not work. aaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: If there’s anything you all want me to add to this post, please tell me and I will gladly do so (until the post becomes uneditable, of course.)

Edit the Second: I’m terribly sorry I forgot about this, but should I become FM I will be choosing Arbitrated as my Co-FM, as she’s been great at reigning in the outlandish ideas I’ve had for Elysia over the years by pointing out the holes and flaws in them.

Last edited:
I don't think it makes sense for current Elysia to break off from Yamatai, and I literally just posted that parts of Yamatai aren't up for grabs, but (hint hint) this doesn't prevent a new branch of non-Yamatai Elysia from forming in uncontrolled space. If you want to make new sector where Elysians are (re)setting up their own faction then go for it, and I think that's your game plan, right? At least that's what your news posts seem to suggest.

As far as OOC Management, you have the RP and faction news posts to back up your request. While I'd like there to be an Elysian game master, there is no one else doing a better job stepping up for the Elysians than you are. Active participation matters. Also you've mellowed out over the years in a good way!

Before granting this request I'll allow a reasonable time for feedback from other members.

PS: What are you talking about with ADHD, the wiki is literally a monument to my ADHD lol. That's why one minute I'm updating who's in the Star Army Reserve and the next minute I'm making an article about carrots because some character likes them.

Whoever becomes an FM of anything should run a public and active RP in that faction. As far as I can see, no one has done that for Elysia in years, including the past few people who have occupied the Elysian FM slot.

I think we should hold off having an Elysian FM until it is worth being a “managed item” on the wiki. Historically, it’s one of those factions where a player rolls up and claims the FM position and then never does anything with it. Nothing meaningful has been done with the Elysian faction since the 00s even though we have had a few people claim the FMship.

I’d like to see the Elysians get several new wiki articles and maintain a plot that doesn’t die before being assigned an FM.

Being FM shouldn’t be a vanity plate used to camp a setting element without developing it at all, which is how people have used the Elysian faction for almost a decade.

Last edited:
My input on this is echoing in what I have said in other threads, I'd like the OOC Management of Elysia to be handed over to someone who puts in the work to mak the faction better. As one of the content managers of the site, I feel the need to point out that the Elysia lore on the wiki is very dated and is somewhat lackluster. I'd hope that anyone taking the reigns of this faction now or in the future will contribute updates to the lore as well. Roleplay does come first however. I think that there should be a roadmap made toward anyone requesting FM status. A plot needs to be developed, made active and to run for a while combined with overall improvements to the faction. This way the appointment of an FM is done for the right reasons and given to someone who has been working toward it. In saying that Frost has been the one putting in the work, I think a roadmap should be made.

So while I wouldn't be opposed to Frost being granted this position, I think it should be done after some time and that effort will be the granting factor.

I'm going to echo what everyone else has said here; the last time two people both wanting to manage the same thing who didn't currently manage it we gave it to someone and expected RP from them. If the other person wanted it, they were also expected to create RP for it as well. If we get a good active person from this and RP from this, great. If we get two great RPs from this and two people who are pushing one of the cool elements of the setting, that's an even better win. This is a cooperative experience, so let's cooperate and make SARP better. If there is a clash of visions about what Elysia can become that's fertile fields for RP.

Last edited:
My thoughts are as follows:
  • If y'all want a plot, very well, I'll run one.
  • Wiki articles - not new ones... yet - will be updated every couple of days to bring them in line with modern formatting, templates, etc.
  • I'd really appreciate a roadmap, @Andrew, because - and I'm not saying you'd do this, just that I've had it happen to me in the past in real life- I hate being strung along by constantly-moving goalposts, and I feel that a roadmap would go a long way towards ensuring that the goalposts stay firmly rooted in one position.

I'd like to see this conversation continued minus the banned member's input. So if we could all just disregard the banned member's words and continue this discussion regarding a path forward for Elysian leadership/OOC Management that would be great!

I'd really appreciate a roadmap, Andrew, because - and I'm not saying you'd do this, just that I've had it happen to me in the past in real life- I hate being strung along by constantly-moving goalposts, and I feel that a roadmap would go a long way towards ensuring that the goalposts stay firmly rooted in one position.

So in terms of it right now where there is only one of you who wants it. I'll give the example of what I try to do for maintenance of Seventh Fleet. I don't really expect much, roughly one post a month from myself. That can take the form of stuff like a news post or just you writing a bit on your own. They don't have to be particular long, just show that there is something happening.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back