• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Emrys Industries Medical Drugs

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Emrys is not just in recreational drugs. It's knowledge of chemicals, hormones and complex biological-chemical constructs such as enzymes allow it to make effective medical drugs. These are the first two of such drugs.

(OCC: I'll add to them when the come to me. Comments welcome. They're actualy based in real science, so I'm happy.)

Emrys Industries New Drugs (Medical not recreational):

Age-retarding:

Based upon a modified version of the enzyme telomerase, this drug can retard the ageing process significantly, especially through keeping skin rejuvenated and even speeds up the healing of wounds beyond the normal level. It does this by increasing the creation of telomeres, which control stem cell production. Through this it increases the stem cell production all over the body, as well as distributing the stem cells correctly. This increase in stem cells rejuvenates the body, and prevents degenerate aging.

In early tests the drug it has the side effect of making skin slightly more suseptibale to tumours, and although this problem could not be directly fixed without altering the genome of the person, a mixture of tumour-suppressing drugs was added to the mix, which off sets the effect.

Using this drug effectively stops the negative aspects of aging, your body does not deteriorate. It also increases the healing rate of the body due to the increase in stem cells. Dosage comes in the now standard drug application capsules, the same used for the pheromone/hormone recreational drugs, but is design to only be injected.

For maximum benefits it is recommended that the drug is taken biweekly, however more can be taken if you have received an injury. In case of a query over dosage, ask your nearest medic, or call Emrys Industries. Using the drug more often than the recommended amount can cause tumours or cancer.

Price: 20ks
For a years worth, you purchase 24 doses for 450ks

Anti-obesity:

This drug uses a modified version of the peptide hormone, oxyntomodulin, which is normally created in the small intestine after meals. It informs the brain that you have eaten a meal. By using this drug, you can trick your brain into thinking that you have eaten, and remove hunger. To use simply inject 30 minutes before each meal. This allows the person to eat less, and aid weight loss, especially be reducing snacking. It should have course also be accompanied by an increase in exercise.

As usual with Emrys Industries drugs it comes in a metal cylinder that can be injected without harming the skin by making the skin under the cylinder highly absorbent for a short period of time.

Price: 4ks
You can buy three for 10ks (enough for all three meals)
You can buy twenty-one for 60ks.

These drugs obviously can't work on all the different species, especially the engeneered ones. You should state which species the drug is designed for.

For maximum benefits it is recommended that the drug is taken biweekly

For a years worth, you purchase 24 doses for 450ks

56/2=28weeks

There is something that bugs me about the Age-retarding drug but I can't put my finger on it... it just makes me zacky-sense tingle.

Other than that this looks good from what I know about drugs.

The drug is based for use on Geshrin and Nepleslians, it is esitmated that they will be favoured with Nepleslians, due to there shorter life-spans and probable greater tendancy towards obecity.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back