• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Emrys Plasma-Pulse Pistol

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Convention Veteran
Submission Type: Plasma Pistol
Submission URL: Emrys Plasma-Pulse Pistol

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? Pending

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
One of the new weapons Emrys is featuring to replace their old ones.

I have one main comment-
This will be at least the THIRD Item that can be shortened to PPP, what with the Push/Pull Plating, and the Portable Potato Patch.

Speaking as a designer, I have to comment that the ergonomics are actually pretty horrible and if this thing has /any/ recoil at all it's going to be bruising hands and spraining wrists constantly. I have to admit that DOGA has certain limitations, but it should probable be kept in mind.

And even if it doesn't, it looks like it wouldn't be a joy to use outside of an emergency.

No intervention needed, thanks though Arieg.

I have tweaked the DOGA for it, but since this is effectively an energy weapon, there is no recoil worth mentioning.

Recoil or no, there's never a good excuse for making a gun that would be murder on the palms. A shooter will always be more accurate and more comfortable with a gun that feels right in his hands than one that doesn't.

Also, you probably want to alter the trigger system as it's shown on the art, at the very least. A trigger that rests that close to the grip when it's not being pulled will be awkward to use. That's part of the reason you won't see modern trigger systems up against the grip.

Which is why the change has the front and back of the grip rounded for comfort.

Since the trigger is nothing more than an electronic switch there is no reason to make it more prominent.

I think what Aendri means is that because there's no trigger guard, there's nothing to stop a user from errantly gripping the pistol and accidentally pulling the trigger in the same action. A trigger guard would keep the lower three (or two) fingers from reaching the trigger and applying pressure to it. Unless the trigger's set up so only that top part of the trigger activates the weapon.

Hence the controls on the back of the weapon. You can draw the weapon and the trigger does nothing. Until you activate it by selecting a mode. Then it takes pushing the trigger part way in for the weapon to charge.

I was actually referring to the trigger system itself. A trigger like that which is flush with the grip, rather than attached to the action system above the grip won't give you as clean of a trigger pull and will decrease your accuracy and ease of use as a result.

Clenching a fist to pull a trigger is nowhere near as smooth a motion as pulling with a finger, so it results in more motion of the gun when firing, which equals to much less accurate range. It's why competition shooting guns always have as smooth of an action and trigger as possible.

Ok, I'm updating the DOGA with a more traditional trigger

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…