• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: United Outer Colonies Encrypted Message from Jason Starlock

Sonorhc

Inactive Member

Caine was now sitting on the Akuro III at a desk monitoring the others of the 17th's progress on Tokyo and how they dealt with the situation. But when Jason's message and blinked a bit and sent a response after a few minutes of consideration.

Jason walked away from his station to check up on some mechanical device drawings. Keeping updated on the latest in Power Armor technology is a pain but it doesn’t bother him. He lives for new ideas and better equipment. Just as he popped down on his bed to review a slight buzz sound came from his station. He immediately jumped up and checked the message… Hmm I don’t know exactly how to respond to that. We are in the military right...? Well at least I can tell him where I am and possibly get assigned.

Caine shifted some and leaned on the desk, bracing himself on his elbows as his expression turned serious. He wanted to know just why someone would come out of the blue to request to be a part of an elite unit. Generally he'd prefer some actual experience to keep up the notion of it being elite. It was the Taisho's right hand afterall, not some newbie babysitting service.

Caine wasn't trying to be mean or judgmental, he just wanted to see how this guy would react to such a thing. The answer was important yes, but what he was looking for was the emotion and belief behind it.

Jason stood more erect if possible at the challenge in the commander’s voice. This is what he was use to those in charge taking charge. His blue eyes glinted slightly with rage but he suppressed it quickly.

Jason stood still, letting his facial expression remains determined. Even though internally he was concerned that he had gone to far and said a bit to much.

At that, Caine chuckled in a good way and looked directly at Jason over the volumetric window. The answer was satisfactory to him, this guy seemed to have drive and ambition which was a good thing. and they could use a dedicated technician for the Wing's armors and such to keep them at top performance.

With the commander's chuckle, Jason’s spine turns to stone thinking that the commander was laughing at him. However as he spoke Jason began to relax. This commander’s sense of humor could be interesting and a fleeting remnant of his own self before the incident of sabotage began to emerge and he grinned slightly. Jason couldn’t shut that emotion off. It had been so long since he found anything to grin about that he really didn’t want to.

The commander’s attitude is a bit more relaxed than what training was like but for an elite group I should expect a bit of idiosyncrasies.

Santô Hei Saito Altair sat straight in the chair outside of Taii Motoyoshi Caine's office, his dress uniform immaculately clean. He was on the YSS Akuro III, pride of the Fifth Expeditionary Force. The Ascendancy class Flagship was massive, and by far the largest and deadliest vessel he'd ever set foot on.

It would be safe to say that his entire body was tingling in excitement. As a Yamataian, and a young one at that such things still seemed amazing to him. His digital brain allowed for a dispassionate analysis of everything aboard the Six Kilometer long vessel, but his soul, what made him who he was could not help but gasp in wonder.

The shuttle ride hadn't been long, but it had been enough for him to soak up every bit of knowledge he could about the Ascendacy class, and more importantly about the Kasairyuu. Their short but decorated history made for excellent literature.

Of course none of this made it past the stern demeanor of the young warrior. Truth be told he was fairly nervous. He was here for an interview with the Commanding Officer of one of the finest Power Armor Wings in the Star Army. To even be considered for this straight out of Basic was no small honor.

Thus, Saito forced his body to remain rigid and his conduct strictly composed. The burnished metal of the door before him was all he looked at, and the coming call to enter was all he cared about...

I see, well then my decision is that you need to come up the Akuro III to start doing that now don’t you? Come find me when you arrive and I’ll see you set up with all you need. Hope to see you here soon.

With that, Caine cut the transmission and closed the volumetric window to bring up the events going on with the Tokyo incident. In a few moments though he’d notice he had someone waiting outside the office in a chimed message from the Akuro’s AI. When he was ready for the visitor he spoke up to call the newcomer in. “Saito-san, come on in now.”He said to the new guy telepathically.

Saito waited several more moments before he heard a cool voice in his mind.

“Saito-san, come on in now.”

The young soldier rose quickly, and with precise posture, walked into the Taii's office. He looked at the man in front of him and was immediately surprised. 'He couldn't be much older than I am' He thought to himself. Cursing himself for foolishness, he banished such thoughts from his mind.

"Santô Hei Altair Saito reporting as requested Taii Motoyoshi-sama," He called with a deep bow, before returning to a stiff attention...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…