• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

End of a Dynasty

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
๐ŸŒŸ Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
๐ŸŒธ FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
๐ŸŽ–๏ธ Game Master
The shame of the Motoyoshi division doomed Katsuko's reign; she knew it and so did her aides, they had begun to pack, reverting the palace to it's original state. The Motoyoshi Dynasty had been the shortest in history, over before it even had a chance to begin. Katsuko had learned, she was no politician.

Within a clan to support her, without the protection of the Blackcoats, the majority of which returned home, a home she was no longer able to return home to, or felt that she could return to.

When it came to naming a successor and addressing the people of Yamatai, she would begin to prepare for that upcoming reality, her final speech. Sitting on the balcony, overlooking Kyoto's busy skyline, her laptop open before her.

Katsuko received a letter from Yui:

"Would you like to join the Ketsurui Clan?"

Alongside the message which came before Katsuko from the Ketsurui was a message which carried the seal of the Lorath Matriarchy... along with several hundred million others as an attachment.

A short message was forwarded to Katsuko from the UOC.

Akina rose up the stairs, and stepped silently out onto the balcony. "This prospect is a little scary, love." She murmured, bending down to draw her arms around the other woman's shoulders. "You could name the next enemy of all nations in your stead. We finished moving headquarters, though." Her hair was still up from the busy back and forth it had been.

The Taisho wore a simple dark grey dress, the first one she had seen in the wardrobe on the way to Katsuko. Or really one of the things there was left.

Resting her cheek to the side of the Empress head she breathed out softly, "What do you want, truly?"

Katsuko read over her messages, listening to a few of the attached Lorath message. She sighed and shook her head. This was not for her, she was an Admiral not an Empress, and that was as unfair to the people as it was for her. The message from Taisho Yui, although sweet brought another wave of shame, another reminder that her precious Motoyoshi had decided they no longer needed her.

She leaned back into the newly arrived Akina's arms. She answered quietly. "I want to be done with this throne, it is like a rock that I must drag along with a chain. At least in the military I was able to set some kind of direction and meet tasks with victory. Here victories are losses and losses victories, all is true at once, but wrong in the same breath."

She responded to the Lorath first:

Taisho Yui,

I will need some time to think on that offer; I wish to get away for a little while to clear my mind and refine myself and my direction. I will reply with an answer when I return in a few weeks.

Motoyoshi Katsuko.

She looked back at Akina, disregarding the message from Ayana and said, "I could use some help packing..."

Yet another message arrived, this time from Saito...

Katsuko read Saito's message but closed her laptop and did not reply. She waited for Akina to answer her.

Akina quietly pressed her lips to the back of Katsuko's ears and kept them there, hugging her fiancee a little tighter. She'd been watching over her shoulder, and didn't care for what snippits she did see.

"Vultures. Even now they still want something out of you." The Taisho added, "The girls are due soon, and if I am to let something else go to be with you it will take a little time to make the arrangements with the Fourth...there's a sort of familiar suite on the Nadare you might like. I-it's not the Akuro, but maybe for now it would be okay." She kissed Katsuko again, and moved to where some of the packing hadn't been finished.

Smiling over at the former Empress, she remarked. "Well or we could find booking as a violin and flute duet." Unable to help trying to perk up the woman she'd crossed death to come back to.

Katsuko whispered; Thank-you... Words felt cheaper and cheaper, everything that was being packed had lost its value as well.

Your car is waiting for you out front Motoyoshi-sama... SYSTEM informed her, its voice making her head pound worse than before.

I am taking the Yacht the Ketsurui giave to me. I am going to Taiie... She said, after some lengthy silence. If you can get the time, you are welcome to join me, but do not jeopardize your career for it.

Going somewhere without me again..? Akina stood up and shook her head faintly. Why? The Taisho took one of Katsuko's hands in both of hers and leaned closer to her. She wasn't about to let Katsuko dissapear when she was so close in coming to term.

Much less to compound sadness upon sadness. That meant she had more time to be with her, neither of them would be so busy in that case. There was finally time, but the squeezing feeling in her chest wouldn't be ignored.

Yui said:
You can take some leave time if you need, since there isn't any major war going on right now.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ