• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny Engineering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Inactive Member
"Okay people, listen up!" yelled the S1 over the loud chatter in her transport. "We're about to board the YSS Destiny, a deep space exploration and colonisation craft. As I'm sure you all know, we are part of the engineering detail sent by Nova to maintain the ship, alongside star army techies!" She paused, smiling slightly, "And if you're NOT an engineer, you shouldn't be here!"

The other engineers, including Karin, groaned at the horrible attempted humour, and went back to their gossiping. "Karin, Sem, could I talk to you for a moment?" Said the S1, Taeli Marr, as she edged up beside the two S2's through the crush. "Of course!" replied Karin, Sem nodding, and followed Taeli back to the raised section of the room, where the crowd thinned out. "You two sure you feel up to this?" murmured Taeli, speaking as quietly as she could. "I know you both did well in your tests but... there are better suited to command in this family."

Karin frowned "If we didn't think we could do it, why would we have accepted command?", closely followed by Sem's soft "yeah!"
Taeli smiled as the transport shook, beginning it's docking procedures "Oh, no real reason. Just wanted to know, is all... Mostly because you two seem to prefer talking than giving orders." Raising her voice as the transport clunked down inside one of the Destiny's vast bays, she yelled "All right! Everyone form up behind your leaders! That's Karin, Sem, Tarly and myself... c'mon, hop to it!"

The disembarking Yamataians stared around the huge docking bay in awed silence, broken only by Sem's "Woah... and to think they've still got a third of the ship to build..." Karin murmured "Yep...", then raising her voice in a call to her group, she followed Taeli toward the distance entrance to the rest of the ship - "Hurry it up! you wanna see your quaters today, or next week?"

(as a quick OOC)
Engineer Info
-----------------

S3 - Support 3rd Class
S2 - Support 2nd Class
S1 - Support 1st Class

SC3 - Support Command 3rd Class
SC2 - Support Command 2rd Class
SC1 - Support Command 1rd Class

The NovaCorp Yamataian Engineer Corps is organised into "Families" and "Houses". Karin is part of the Marr family, Zephyr House, as are Sem, Tarly and Taeli. The houses are organised into squads of four, the S1 leading the first squad and the others lead by S2's. Each squad consists of its leader and five S3's.

The SC3's control five houses each, forming a family. SC2's control five SC3's and SC1's control five SC2's, bringing the total number of engineers (At least in the NovaCorp Yamataian Engineer Corps) on board the Destiny to 3000. The SC2's and SC1 do not technically belong to a Family, but are referred to as "uesama" (shogun) house.

OOC: Hope you don't mind me hoping in on this. if so just say so and I'll vamoose.

IC: Ichiro walke dinto the docking bay. The MP looked att he group of Engineers making their way toward him. He went into full cop mode.

Holding out his right hand, Ichiro called for them to stop what they were doing. "Please halt right there folks." He smiled, so as not to give off a hostile impression. "I'm Kamihoshi Ichiro, Military Police aboard the YSS Destiny. Could you please state your bussiness aboard the ship and provide written orders for being here?"

Taeli raised her hand and the squads halted. Walking forward flanked by Sem, Karin and Tarly, she held out a pack of documents, sealed with NovaCorp's holographic logo. "Papers, officer Ichiro. You should find everything you need in the pouch on the front - personnel files are inside. We're one of the houses of Marr family, part of NovaCorp's engineering corps. We're here to get settled in, help with any finishing touches to the ship and get aquainted with the layout of our designated area."

Ichiro nodded as he was handed the documents. He thumbed through them quickly, speed reading came in handy. He looked through the personnel files, the orders, everything. After a few minutes he handed them back.

"Everything looks in order. Welcome to the YSS Destiny." Ichiro bowed to the group. "I'm the resident MP on board till we get a couple more, so if you need anything in my department, the computer knows how to find me." He smiled at them all and stepped to the right, gesturing for them to continue. "I'll notify the captain that you have arrived. Have a good day."

(OOC: If you dont want me to rp in this just ignore it)
Telgias walked off the boarding ramp and looked at the impressive structure of the YSS Destiny. He grabbed his bags and walked down the hallway pondering on what to do now. He was in the Star Army Infantry, and he was assigned to a colonization project... Well he would have to wait and see what was in store for him, something was going to happen he knew it.

As Telgias walked down the hallway he saw a large group of people he could reconize who they were, and a person who looked like a military police unit. That was the best Telgias could assume.

Taeli nodded. "Thank you officer. We need to get to our assigned location now, so I must, regretably, say goodbye." As the others walked back to their groups, Karin paused for a second, murmuring "Looks like you're gonna have a busy day Kami..." then spun on her heel and followed, jogging to get to the front of her squad as they began to march away.

Ichiro quirked a brow. Busy day? What did she mean by that?

He was about to chase after the girl and ask, until he noticed another new face. He approached the man and looked him up and down. Hmm, they were the same rank (Ichiro hasn't been promoted yet so bleh...lol). "Excuse me. I'm Kamihoshi Ichiro, Military Police here aboard the YSS Destiny. May I please see your orders?"

"Oh ok." Said Telgias as he fumbled through his bags looking for his papers.
"Ah here they are." Telgias handed Ichiro his papers. "I'm Telgias Sari, Star Army Infantry."

Ichiro looked through them. "I'm Kamihoshi Ichiro, Military Police." As he finished he smiled and handed them back. "Welcome to the Destiny." He stepped aside and gestured for the infantryman to go ahead. "Enjoy your stay. It should be fun."

"I hope, i just keep having this bad feeling in the pitt of my stomach for some reason. Maybe just because it's my first mission, I dunno." Telgias smiled and began to walk down the hallway.

Ichiro nodded to the infantryman as he left. He walked to a computer panel at the wall by the docking bay door, and began to enter a repot about the engineers and an infantryman arriving. He addressed it to the ship's captain, and then sent it.

Ichiro then went through the door. Time for a break. The MP desk had some killer coffee.

Telgias walked down the halls towards his room, oh why was he assigned to a colony ship. He was a soldier and he wanted to fight... Telgias walked to the room. He quickly found his bunk and set his stuff down.
"Here We Go Again."

kusati walked down the hall with wide eyes, he was so excited, his first assignment, he viewed the ship with awe. he shook it out of him. he was a soldier, no time for daydreaming. With focus back, he strode down the hall to find an officer to show him where to bunk.

Koji had picked up a digital clipboard on the way down. Armed with that, and a pen, he was moving down the hall at a good pace, heading toward the shuttle bay.

On his way he bumped into a blue-paneled soldier.

"Ah! Sorry," he blurted out, taking a couple steps back. He looked at the man's rank pin, then to his clipboard.

"Let's see here," he mumbled, touching a couple places on the holographic sheet hovering above the actual clipboard with the pen and bringing up different screens. He shifted through the Soldier 3rd Class profiles and finally came to one that fit.

"Santô Hei Hunkoso Kusati," he greeted the soldier, "I've got you down here as a pilot. Did you just arrive?"

For a couple moments he stood still, awaiting an answer, then he shrugged and scribbled out something on a piece of paper, which he then ripped from the clipboard and gave it to the soldier with little other conversation offered. The message was simple, but the officer soon spoke the contents of the message out loud anyway.

"Your lodging, that's Tower 2, Level 14, Room 45, you got that? If you can't find the tower, ask the computer. Elevators are right over there." He pointed, indicating an elevator at the end of the hall. "City is on the top floor - can't miss it. We don't have anything for you to do now, so hang loose - we'll leave orders at your apartment when we need you."

He was about to brush by and move down to the bay, but he had a sudden idea. He stopped and turned, inclining his head slightly. "Shoi Kagawa Kojiro, if you were wondering. Chief of Staff. If you'll excuse me, I've got work," and he was off again, dissappearing around a corner towards the shuttle bay.

Well, that was odd. Just 'hang loose'. What wonderful orders.

Kusati, looked strangly at the man, now walking away from him, he realised that he would not know anyone, he should have talked to him. this was not a good start. he did not want to be reprimanded on the first day.

He turned back to find the man, but he had disappeared. Oh well, deal with the consequences then. with that, he walked off to find his room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back