Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Enlisted Neko and the Species Restriction Act

Cannonball

Inactive Member
Well, I suppose this concerns the YE 29 Species Restriction Act on Star Army personel. Specifically, the Star Army recomendations for enlisted soldiers in certain positions.

- The NH-29 is recomended for all positions. It's the basic type Neko. All's good there.

- The NH-27 is specifically recomended for combat positions and it's not hard to see why in that depeartment. It's an upgrade to the NH-17 so far as things go. Now, here's the thing, seems the 27 is specifically restricted on an OOC note (no doubt for balence issues).

From what I can gather though, that means that most combat personel won't have access to the 27 oocly. Which pretty much means they'll be 29's. On that note though, does that mean that the combat dedicated 17 model is better for a frontline soldier than the 29 (which seems more civilian)? Just looks like an odd clash of IC and OCC in my opinion.

Solution
The NH-17 is obsolete and no longer in use - basically, you have the NH-27 and NH-29 to choose from. I see what you mean, and I agree it doesn't make as much sense as it probably should. But, at the same time, the NH-29 does fine for most Power Armor combat positions, and there's very little ground infantry positions open right now, so I wouldn't want many people making NH-27s for ground use anyway.

At first I was thinking this needed fixed, but when I took a closer look, I actually kind of like the way it is set up, because it makes most Star Army crews NH-29 or Yamataian, which is really what I prefer. NH-27s are more rare, intended for more experienced players to spice up the crew with a very powerful out-of-armor fighter.
The 17 series have better strength while the 29 series have better endurance. The argument is that a power armor can compensate for your lack of strength, but cannot compensate for you passing out due to exhaustion in the middle of a battle. So 29 > 17.

The NH-17 is obsolete and no longer in use - basically, you have the NH-27 and NH-29 to choose from. I see what you mean, and I agree it doesn't make as much sense as it probably should. But, at the same time, the NH-29 does fine for most Power Armor combat positions, and there's very little ground infantry positions open right now, so I wouldn't want many people making NH-27s for ground use anyway.

At first I was thinking this needed fixed, but when I took a closer look, I actually kind of like the way it is set up, because it makes most Star Army crews NH-29 or Yamataian, which is really what I prefer. NH-27s are more rare, intended for more experienced players to spice up the crew with a very powerful out-of-armor fighter.

Solution
Sounds good to me (power armour is le awesome anyway =3). NH-29 it is then.

That said, one more question. For a born and bred neko soldier, about how long would their period of basic training be before being assigned to a position somewhere? I imagine not too long since all neko grow up pretty damn fast (and are born with all the basics), but I just want to get it right for continuity's sake.

According to StarWiki's article on EF1 (See: Star Army Training), 4 months.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back