• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 11.5 - Downtime: Ice Cream and Coffee |Mini-JPs|

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: YSS Senbu

The lift that Masako was waiting to get on was taking an extra long time to get there. Unbeknownst to Masako, some Neko with too much free time from Deck 1 had pushed every button on the lift all the way up to 28 and the lift was just now getting back to normal. The indicator above the lift indicated that the lift had just stopped on the floor above on it's way to Deck 24, and would soon be stopping there as well. As Masako waited Kuriko stiffly walked up next to Masako. What I wouldn't give for a massage. Kuriko thought as she felt soreness all over her body.

"Hmm?" Masako glanced over at Kuriko when she shuffled up next to her to await the elevator. She looked worn out and stiffer than a board stuck in durandium, a thought that made the neko giggle softly. "Hello." she said politely and bowed her head a little, brushing her bangs out of her eyes as the blue hues discreetly examined Kuriko's form as if remembering her appearance. "You ok? You look like you just got up after a 13 hour nap on a hard floor..."

Kuriko looked up to Masako. "Sumimasen." Kuriko said as she forced a smile on her face. The neko in front of her had a rather large bust, which although odd, didn't bother kuriko at this time. "I'll be fine, it's just been....rough. How about you?"

I'm still trying to calm my nerves down. That last sortie was my first experience in spatial combat and using a mindy..." Masako admitted, brushing her fingers through her hair and blushed a bit. "You were out in that too weren't you?" she asked curiously. "I was going to get some ice cream to help me out, care to come with?"

Kuriko nodded in confirmation to Masako, "Yea, we were deployed. We didn't see as much direct combat as everyone else though." Kuriko replied just as the lift arrived. "Sure, I have to fill out some reports soon but sure, let's get some ice cream, I could use the chance to relax." Kuriko said before stepping onto the lift.

Masako snickered a bit and stepped into the lift with her and nodded. "I didn't see any real combat either, I got stuck shooting down LAMIA units with Vermillion." She said with a bit of a sigh. "But it was something at least, took out one of their squad commanders." Masako said and watched her, gauging her reaction. "But past that, what's your favorite flavor?"

"I've never really had ice cream before, so I don't really know." Kuriko responded, "Don't sound so sad about shooting down the LAMIAs, if it weren't for you guys the mission would have been a lot harder." Kuriko said.

"I'm not really sad about it, just it stirred me up is all. And you haven't?" Masako blinked. "Wow, then you're in for a surprise." She said and had the lift head for the appropriate deck to get to the wardroom/messhall. "My name's Masako by the way, I just transferred here."

"I'm Kuriko, it's nice to meet you Masako-san." Kuriko replied. "How do you like the Senbu so far?" Kuriko asked the pilot beside her.

"I'm not too sure, it's a huge ship so I'm finding myself getting lost easily." Masako admitted and blushed a bit at the admission. "What do you think about it?" she continued, referring to the Senbu. "What's the people like here? Nice..duty-bound... mean or what?"

"That's a tough question, it's a pretty big ship and there are bound to be many of different kinds of people. For the most part though, I'd say they're pretty nice." Kuriko replied as the lift stopped to let people on at deck 20, right before 19 where the qaurters and mess were located.

"hmm?" Masako looked at the number for the deck. "... looks like someone else might get on here too." She said said and nodded to her. "Then I'm glad I got assigned here, it should be fun."

A few nekos and a male Yamataian shuffled onto the lift before the doors shut. "You said you're assigned to Vermillion Wing?" Kuriko asked Masako as the lift started downward again.

"Well it was just temporary. The commander said that I had potential and might see more action but in red and gold..." Masako said after gretting the new comers onto the lift and scooted closer to Kuriko, bumping elbows a bit. "I don't know where he meant though."

Kuriko's ears twitched when she heard 'red and gold', "Well there is a Wing that's colors are red and gold, maybe he meant that?" Kuriko suggested, deciding to not mention that it was the same wing she was assigned to just yet.

"Probably so, I'd imagine in the context that it would be. But I dunno why he said it, I almost took out half the wing when I accidentally discharged my positron rifle..." Masako said, rubbing the back of her head. "How many wings are there on the ship?"

The lift came to a halt and the Yamataian and one of the other nekos also got out on Deck 19, "This is our stop." Kuriko said as she started out of the lift. What Masako had said about accidentally discharging rifle and almost taking out half her wing worried Kuriko, but she decided to answer the last question before asking her own. "I think there are 4 wings." Kuriko replied as she looked up the information about the wings.

"Hmm.." Masako said as they stepped off the lift when it was their turn. She could look up the necessary informationa bit later on but it was better to socialize and try to make friends at the moment. But that accident was just that really, it hadn't happened again and in fact she'd helped bolster the wings performance by her little promises or hints. "Ah I'll probalby find out eventually, I plan to do a few training sims for piloting power armors better after I get some rest. It's been a long day."

The pair walked for a little ways before finally getting to one of the mess halls. "Do you think they'll have ice cream here?" Kuriko asked Masako, unsure if she might need to go a different mess hall.

"I'm not too sure but I've heard that our ships tend to have a little of everything, we'd just have to request it from the galley. If they don't have it, I can make some." Masako smiled a bit and looked in and searched for the galley cook. "I still think you'll like it."

Kuriko nodded and decided to follow the neko around. The cook wasn't too hard to find, it was a neko who was in the middle of the food preperation area who looked like she knew what everyone else was doing. Occasionally she'd disappear out of sight as she walked deeper into the area to see what someone was doing, but for the most part she stood in an entry way so that she could see into both the food serving area and the food preperation area at the same time.

Masako smiled at Kuriko and turned to the cook and politely asked if she had any orange or chocolate ice cream in the freezer. (waiting on a response from that)

The cook nodded and disappeared for a second before coming back with two bowls full of ice cream. "Here you go, hun." the neko said as she handed the bowls to Masako.

She smiled at her and handed a frosty bowl to Kuriko and lead the girl to sit down at a table and took her spoon and smiled. "Go ahead, try it out but it's very cold." Masako warned her new friend.

Kuriko sat down, happy to be off of her feet and dipped her spoon into the chocalaty dish and scooped a bite into her mouth. The food was cold, as was expected, and had an odd texture to it, but what really made Kuriko happy was the taste. It tasted like milk chocalate, just more liquidy and cold. For a few seconds the neko happily sucked on the end of the spoon before going in a second scoop. "Ne, this is pretty good Masako-san." Kuriko said before biting into the frozen dish again. "How old are you Masako-san?" Kuriko asked between bites two and three.

Masako giggled a bit, having already taken a spoonful of her own orange sherbert ice cream and was sitting there with a goofy kitty grin (the =3), and blinked for a moment. "It's conventional feel-good food." she said and blinked. "In body or mind? I'm one of the people that had to transfer bodies due to the species restriction act." the blonde explained, taking another bite of the creamy dessert. "I'm 19 chronologically, but my body's only 5 months old." She said, playing wth the gold locket around her neck subconsciously, makng it gleam in the light.

Kuriko thought about that. The species restriction act was something she had learned about, as sociologically it's impacts were very far reaching. "That must have been frustrating." Kuriko sympathized with the neko. "Were you Geshrin then?" she asked cautiosly, not wanting to possibly offend the woman.

"Yes I was." Masako said, without seeming to take offense to it and was in fact, purring like a neko would. "It wasn't really because it helped me out, for a long time I had...self-esteem issues and was pushed around many as a child." Masako said. "But I chose to change so I could at least protect my twin sister if I had to, even if we do fight many." she said. "So my reason went far past the act itself. How about you? How old are you if you don't mind my asking."

Kuriko nodded as she listened to the Geshrin's past. "Saa....I'm only a few months myself, almost seven months actually." Kuriko replied as she thought about how long she had been alive. "What do you hope to do while here on the Senbu?" Kuriko asked before scooping into the icecream like she had never eaten before.

"Hmm that's a good question..." Masako said, eating a couple more scoops of her ice cream. "Well I want to make friends for one....never really had many of them, they all seemed to prefer my sister over me." she said, subconsciously still comparing herself to Lucy. "And I want to learn stuff I didn't know before of course." the blonde admitted.

Kuriko smiled, "Well, you've already made one friend, and you'll do plenty of learning I think." Kuriko replied as she tried to scrape up the last parts of her icecream that she so quickly devoured.

Masako smiled at her and blinked, surprised. "Wow you inhaled that... why not get some more, try it with banana slices in it and whipped cream." she laughed softly and winked. "it's heavenly." she pointed out to her friend. "And that makes me happy to hear."

Kuriko thought for a second, the indecision on her face. To get more ice cream, or not to get more ice cream. The neko was torn, oh how she craved the sweet and delicious nature of this newly discovered food, but at the same time she had other things she needed to take care of as well. Finally one side one out and the nekos ears drooped slightly. "I should, but if I don't get started on this paperwork and stuff I won't have time to check in on some other people first." Kuriko said as she glanced away from the ice cream bowl and looked at Masako. "Arigatou Masako-san!" Kuriko said as her ears slid up. "You made me feel much better."

"Do you mind if I go with you?" Masako asked, finishing her own bowl up quickly and acked. "Nyaaaaaaaah brain freeze." she pouted, putting her hand to her forehead and stood up, her big breasts bouncing a bit as she jolted. When it passed, she shook her head and nodded to her. "I'm glad I could make you feel better, and I don't want to impose but it's better to walk around with someone who knows the ship than get lost for hours." she chuckled.

"You're more than welcome to come, but it's just paperwork for now." Kuriko said as she stood. Kuriko honestly had no clue what paperwork she would even have to do, but she imagined that it would be something related to the mission, and probably performance evaluations of those under her. "My rooms not that far away so you won't really be able to see too much of the ship by following me." Kuriko said simply.

"Oh... well that sounds boring." Masako stuck her tongue out a bit and chuckled softly. "I never did like doing paperwork but it would have to be done but you could probably speed it up by feeding it through the logs of the AIES systems linked to the AI of the ship itself. that way it'd be correct." she said.

"Maybe, but that seems too cold." Kuriko said. "Logs don't take everything into account, they don't account for personality, they lack emotion." Kuriko replied.

"Hmm well that's true." Masako said. "Efficiency is often the bane of emotional input." she said. "I wish I could help but I wasn't there."

Kuriko chuckled, "Oh you were there. Just in a different area that's all." Kuriko replied. "Well, either way the offer to join me still is open if you feel like it."

Masako nodded and went with her. "It'd be interesting to see how it'd done." she said and walked with her. "I don't have too much to do really until I get called to meet the brass." she responded

"Oh? You get to meet the 'brass'?" Kuriko's eyebrows raised as she spoke. "Why do you need to see them?" Kuriko asked curiously.

"Well I was told before I left to at least seek them out for official assignment." Masako said. "My previous commander was a bit..rough around the edges and not overly formal."

"I think you'll like Shizuka-Shosa." Kuriko said before turning to leave. "As for the paperwork, I agree, it will be interesting to see how it's done." After she finished speaking the Heisho started to walk away, but not so fast as to indicate that she'd like to be alone.

END

Ep 11.7 - Downtime: Coffee

ON: YSS Senbu

Mai stood looking at the tank in front of her, Rin had been in the tank for the better part of the day unconcious. The seadatives would be wearing off soon.

The protective cover slid up so that Mai could see the Yamataian floating inside the tank. An alert popped up on the screen displaying the progress of the regeneration, which now sat at 97% complete. "Hoshimoto-Hei, you can wake up now." Mai said telepathically to the Hei

Rin wasn't aware of the passage of time, or even where she was exactly. Free floating in the hemosynthetic tank, her mind conjured up the image of being adrift in space, but then it seemed as if she had fallen into the core of a star itself, the constant dull burning sensations of her arm's flesh being

rebuild by femtomachines from the ground up pricking at her nerves. The voice of the attendant did seem to be real as well and there was a slow awakening, an eye opening slowly to a cloudy red vision.

"The process is almost complete, Hoshimoto-Hei." Mai walked to the edge of the tank, so that Rin would be able to see her better. "Did you sleep well?" Mai was finishing up final checks when she noticed the completion rate tick to 100%. "Your arm should be fully regenerated by now."

The Santo-Hei's form showed some definite signs of movement now, as her completed fingers twitched a few times, the nerve and muscular connections functioning properly. Her dulled senses became sharper, as Rin's mind remembered the events that had transpired several hours before bit by bit. "My arm... that's.. that's right.." came the reply, becoming coherent as her blue eyes looked forward through the tank at Mai and then down at her arm which
was indeed there.

Mai keyed in the sequence for the tank to drain so that Rin could exit. "Does it still hurt?" Mai asked as she opened up the hemosynth tank and helped Rin out while wrapping a towel around the Hei.

Rin was grateful for the assistance and the towel around her, as this was certainly a new experience -- being literally bathed in blood for hours. She had received wounds before on a small scale and bore them honorably, but never something quite like this. "It feels like my arm is still burning a bit. But.. that also reminds me it is there." This last part sounded a bit morbid, but it was the truth. Even though it was healed, she still seemed to not be immediately using it, favoring her right one to wrap around Mai for support.

Once Rin was out of the tanks, Mai spoke again. "We have some showers available for you to clean up in, as well as a fresh uniform for you Hoshitomo-Hei. Once you're showered and dressed, we can go through a few excercises just to make sure that your arm is okay." Mai offered this last part because she noticed that Rin favoring her other arm.

"Y-yes, I would like that. Thank you." spoke Rin in a voice more like her usual self now, her moments of weakness trying to be put behind her as she wrapped the towel around tighter and tried to get some of the residue off of her. It had felt comforting before in the tank, but now was a little unsettling exposed to the air. "What is your name?" asked the soldier, as she prepared to go investigate the shower.

Mai smiled as Rin walked, she seemed to be recovering well. "Santo-Hei Fuse Mai." Mai introduced herself as she helped Rin toward the showers. "You're Hoshitomo Rin right?" Mai asked cheerfully.

Rin nodded simply, "Fuse-Hei... well, it seems I'm in your debt, then." Her voice was direct and calm, and while her face did not seem to reflect the cheer the other woman put out, Rin was certainly not grimacing in pain or anything anymore. "I'll be a moment." The Yamataian then quickly headed to get herself

cleaned up. Unlike her usual quick routine, this was going to be a shower she certainly did not rush. "...and please inform Shifuda-Heisho of my current condition." added Rin, before disappearing for a while.

Mai let the Hei walk on her own after that point. "Of course, and Hoshitomo-Hei, you're not in my debt." Mai said happily.

A message would arrive for Kuriko alerting her of Rin's status. The Heisho slipped out of her bed and into a uniform and headed down to the Medical Bay. 5 minutes later Kuriko found herself in the med bay. It's my fault she's like this. Kuriko thought as she waited on Rin.

Hoshitomo-Hei indeed took her time, as the showers afforded both a chance to tidy up and good time to have some relative privacy with which to grapple with

the fact she just lost her arm and now it was back. The cool waters hit the skin and it responded properly, and she flexed the left arm in several directions. It appeared good as new, Yamataian android technology at its finest. But there was still that brain shock that had to be counteracted, as the

sensations of it being lopped off in her battle haze were still fresh. Rin decided to try not to think about it, and focused on ordinary routines instead,

donning the new uniform as she had always done with every other and carefully walking back into the bay when she was presentable.

Kuriko's heart beat in anticipation as Rin walked out of the showers. Her eyes automatically flew toward Rin's arm, which was exactly as it should have been. At least that's as much as Kuriko knew. "Hoshitomo-Hei!" Kuriko said almost happily.

Mai stood back a little bit and let the two converse a little before she would step in to help Rin with her arm.

Rin wasn't quite expecting to see her unit commander so soon. Was she that worried about her health? The young soldier of course wasn't ungrateful for her concern, bowing her head respectfully a moment. "Shifuda-Heisho." She then glanced down to the regenerated left arm and brought it up to wave at Kuriko, figuring this gesture was better than just saying she was fine.

"Sumimasen." Kuriko said apologetically to Rin, "I should have ordered you to teleport away instead of being indecisive. Please forgive me." Kuriko bowed to Rin after she spoke. I could have prevented this. Kuriko thought as she thought of the myriad of ways that it could have gone even worse, or the alternatives that she could have chosen to getting to the shuttle that wouldn't have left the group open to attack right away.

Rin shoke her short haired-head once. "There's no need. None of us knew what was waiting for us there. If anything, I must apologize for acting rashly..." There was a pause as she flexed the arm again. "But I did what I had to do, in order that I would not become a burden to completing the mission."

Kuriko couldn't respond to the Yamataian's comments, even though she disagreed and still blamed herself for Rin's injury. "You were very brave Hoshitomo-Hei." Kuriko said, "You didn't even scream once." Kuriko said, unaware of what had taken place in the emergency lifts. Kuriko's expression softened a little before the neko spoke again, "You did a good job out there, but next time please don't cut your arm off."

Rin sighed just a bit, before her visage firmed again. "I have been trained as a soldier, Shifuda-heisho, and dealing with the sometimes uncomfortable results of a hard battle are part of that." Then there was a slight thin smile. "Even with such a wound, I had to uphold the honor and dignity of the Shosha's Pride Wing in front of our comrades."

Her eyes then softened some, before adding. "I will do all I can to prevent such an incident in the future... but in the grand scheme of things, an arm is a small price to pay for a victory for the Empire."

I hope she isn't one of those 'win at all costs' kind of people. Kuriko thought worriedly, knowing what that could mean in the future. "Either way, it's good that you are better Hoshitomo-Hei." Kuriko hugged the Hei gently, paying special attention not to put too much pressure on her new arm.

Rin blinked once, and then very carefully returned the neko's hug. "Er... yes. Yes I am. Just a few tests and I should be ready to resume my duties under

your command." As they embraced, there also was a silent thought directed her way. "I hope what I said over the comms did not offend you, Heisho."

Kuriko had reviewed the combat logs and even her own memories of the combat in an attempt to glean any insight from them, and had found that when reviewing

them. "It's okay, I can see why you may have those feelings." Kuriko replied not wanting to discuss the topic really that much. "Don't worry if you need time to recover, Hoshitomo-Hei, I'd rather have you healthy than hurt." Kuriko said before releasing the Hei from her grasp.

Shin yawned, having woken up in the middle of the night. He couldnt sleep, he was too busy worrying about Hoshimoto-hei. Unhinkingly, he slipped on his Workout shorts, a pair of shoes, and went down to the medbays. On the way there, he remembered to stop and get some flowers for Hoshimoto-Hei

Rin looked for a chair or something else to sit down upon for a moment in the medbay, as the two power armor pilots broke from the embrace. "I hope it doesn't take took long to fully recover. I'm not one who likes to sit down when there is work to do." admitted the Hei to her superior.

"No. You certainly don't seem the type." Kuriko replied as she stepped back and let Mai come in to begin working.

Shin makes his way to the Medbay. Megami, Santo-Hei Nekki Shin, requesting entrance into the medical bay to visit Hoshimoto Rin.

Mai moved over to the now sitting Hei and gently grasped her new arm. "You ready to begin?" Mai asked as she gently pressed upon the new skin with her slightly tacky fingers.

"The Bay is unlocked Nekki-Hei." MEGAMI replied in her usual cold tone. When Shin was within arms reach the doors automatically slid open to allow the Hei to enter into the medical bay.

Shin still stood there, hands crossed behind his back. Megami, ask Hoshimoto-Hei if I may enter.

Rin nodded to the medical technician neko, allowing her to do as she would with her prodding and poking of the freshly reconstructed appendage. "At your leisure, Fuse-Hei." Her ears also detected the sound of a door swishing upon as her head turned towards it.

"Hoshitomo-Hei doesn't have clearance to permit or deny you access to this room." MEGAMI replied monotonously again. Rin however could see Shin standing in the door across the room with flowers in hand.

Shin sighed, massaging the bridge of his nose, quickly straightening up when he noticed Rin could see him. "Uh! Hoshimoto-Hei, may I enter?"

"Nekki-Hei... you've come too?" wondered the young Yamataian aloud as she just stared in his direction. He looked like he had just gotten out of bed, hastily dressed just in his shorts. It's not like she could really refuse him under the circumstances, though it seemed her ordeal was generating a little more attention than planned. "Yes, you may come in."

Mai lifted the arm up and prodded it in various places, as well as felt where the previous arm had been severed at to make sure that it was completely healed

there. Then Mai proceeded to move the arm around in various directions and twist it before she let it go, seeming satisfied with the results. "It looks fine, only one more test." Mai said before walking of to a medical station.

Kuriko also turned to face Shin, and was slightly surprised to see him carrying flowers. Kuriko decided to remain silent and see what the pair would talk about. This is gonna be interesting. Kuriko thought gleefully as she theorized the many things that might be said by Shin as well as Rin.

Shin smiled and walked into the room. "I'm terribly sorry about what happened to you. If I had known that she would've come after you first, I would've

attacked her instead of the shuttle. So, I brought you these," Shin held up the flowers, "I know they're only fentomachines, and they arent that good, It's still the thought that counts."

Rin nodded to Mai, thankful for the technician's help, as she was woefully ignorant in such affairs. Turning back to regard the visitor Rin just shook her

head again with a sigh. "I told you, there is nothing to be regretful of. Noone can know every risk. If you tried to save me, then the shuttle could have gotten away... but you stayed with it, and we won as a result. So please, do not think any more of it."

Shin waved his hands. "Oh no no no. It wasnt me who destroyed the shuttle. My weapons couldn't even scratch it. Ishida-Hei did all of the hard work, she deserves the credit."

Rin however did not entirely ignore his flowers, reaching out her hand to accept them as he continued to be modest. "But it is thought and effort that counts most. You obviously have that, or you would not be one of the Pride Wing, hmm?"

Kuriko honestly felt bad for Rin now, Is she going to have to go through this with every one of us? Kuriko wondered in dismay, trying to imagine telling every single person that it wasn't their fault. This thought caused Kuriko to giggle loudly like a little girl.

Shin let her take the flowers thinking. "I wasnt really assigned to Pride Wing. I was just assigned to it for my evalua-" he turned his head to Kuriko, "Do you find this funny, Shifuda-Heisho?"

Hoshitomo-Hei took the flowers, examining the colorful blossoms for a moment, This certainly was out of the ordinary, receiving such a gift. In fact one could say the soldier was a little confused how to respond, so merely stated a delayed "arigato" to Shin.

Kuriko managed to finally control her giggling. "As a matter of fact." Kuriko said, "I find this very funny. First I came in and blamed myself, and now

you've come in to blame yourself." Kuriko was about to bust out giggling again. "I can only imagine the rest of team will be coming in here blaming

themselves for Hoshitomo-Hei's injury. Imagine" Kuriko laughed again, gripping her sides, "Imagine what it must be like fending off all of us." Kuriko burst out again after this unable to contain herself.

Kuriko's statement only managed to make Hoshitomo try to shrink into the seat more and look a little indignant. "I never intended for this to..."

Shin just glared at Kuriko, then saluted her. "Heisho, I felt useless out there. Would you authorize my transfer to a ground combat wing, in order to put my skills to better use? I do not wish to be a burden on my teammates."

Rin sighed again. "I suppose it can't be helped." Then raising her head back up she parted a bang from in front of her eyes. "Shizuka-Shosha told me I had to

understand my teammates. I just didn't want our first encounter to be like this."

Kuriko saw Rin shrink back. "Sumimasen, Hoshitomo-Hei." Kuriko reached out telepathically to the Hei, "I didn't mean to insult or hurt you by

that statement. I..I....I'm sorry."
It sounded like Kuriko was going to say something else, but decided not to.

"Hoshimoto-Hei. Think of it this way. It means the squad cares about you. Atleast, that's more then what I could say if I got hurt. But nonetheless, be happy

about this." Shin smiled, giving Rin a thumbs up

Kuriko was of course surprised by Shin's request. "Etto, Shin...would Endoh-Shosa have even put you here on a evaluatory basis if she didn't think you would

contribute something?" Kuriko asked the Hei, "Besides...I don't know what paperwork to fill out for a transfer, and don't recall seeing a ground armor wing

on the Senbu's roster." Kuriko knew some paperwork, she had spent the evening filing out forms and writing, but she hadn't had the reason or chance to look into transfers.

The Santo Hei did not directly reply to the Heisho's apology, but she didn't seem mad, just a bit flustered by the attention focused entirely on her in a way

that felt more personal rather than business-like. Though when she heard Shin's reaction, the moment of conflict passed and the firm tone of her voice took

hold once more. "Nekki-Hei. If I had the authorization, I would order you to immediately engage in a training program to increase your self-esteem."

Shin shrugged. "Maybe you're right, and i'm just a pessimist. If I keep on thinking i'm going to fail, I will fail, I figure," He smiled at Kuriko and Rin,

"Kuriko, I'll make the best out of my Daisy, and I'll perform beyond 100%,:

At this point Mai returned and prodded Rin's arm a little more, just to make sure that the Hei could feel pain, as well as to make sure that the arm healed

normally when cut as well. Once she was satisfied she spoke to Rin. "You're free to go, be sure not to favor your other arm though."

Distracted with her little 'order' to Shin, she was caught a bit off guard by the pricks from Mai though she definitely felt them. Rin nodded to her assigned

doctor, owning up to her remaining phobia. "I apologize. Wounds of body sometimes heal quicker than those of the mind, it seems." Standing up she stretched

the arm again, and then moved it to position like nothing was wrong. "I will make sure to visit the fitness centers as a precaution."

Shin was still smiling. Apparently, being ordered to to stop being a pessimist by Rin worked. "Rin, i'll be able to teach you some martial arts if you want."

Mai nodded to Rin, "They often say the mind holds more power over the body then most will admit. Besides, I hate needles too." Mai winked at Rin before

leaving her to socialize with her friends.

The Hei glanced sidelong at him. "Really now? Dressed like that I hope you are not one of those types that lives in the gym." This seemed about as close to a

joke as Rin came. "I wouldn't mind sparring sometime, Nekki-Hei. I certainly can use the practice."

Shin looked at Rin, amazed and smiling. "Wow, you cna make jokes. You're totally not like Hiroko. Anyway, I need to discuss matters with Kuriko-Heisho."

Kuriko seemed confused for a second there. Didn't he come down to see Hoshitomo-Hei? Why does he have something to discuss with me, especially so late

at night.
In the end though, Kuriko decided it would be best to talk with Shin now, "What did you want to talk about?" Kuriko asked Shin.

"Understood." replied Rin, as she politely bowed to her fellow pilots and to nurse Mai. 'If you'll excuse me then, Shifuda-Heisho, Nekki-Hei. I will be

resting in my quarters until debrief." She still had the faux flowers in her white-gloved hand, though as she moved to leave them to their conversation.

Shin bowed to Kuriko, then stood upright. "Heisho, I would like to requisition supplies for Pride Wing's Daisies. I have looked over the most current list of

M6 Accessories, and am ready to ask this."

Kuriko had no clue what accessories were available to the Mindy, having only learned how to even change the equipment loadout very recently, and thus had

absolutely no clue what accessories were available to the Daisy. Where do they come up with this stuff? Kuriko wondered as she waited for what would

probably be a slew of technical jargon that she would need to master relatively soon. "Okay, what did you have in mind?" Kuriko asked Shin.

Shin nodded, beginning to rattle off a list of various weapons. "If you could, would you requisition a KE-M2-W2809, a Ke-M2-w2904, a KE-M2-W2913, a KZ Type 29 Armor Service Pistol, and a KE-M6-W3000? Also, if you could requisition two Variable Assault Weapon Arms for the Daisy, that would be great." Shin smiled at the captain, bowing."I apologize for such an inconvenience, but it seems only squad leaders can requisition weaponry."

Kuriko was assaulted by the verbose chatter of gunspeak. Luckily the neko had had the foresight to start mentally recording what the Hei was asking for, other wise she would have been lost in a field of K and 0. It's no inconvenience, I'll see what I can do about getting this stuff. Are you sure that we don't have any of this already?" Kuriko asked trying to avoid the headache of more paperwork, and gun acronyms.

Shin nodded. "I'm pretty sure that the Senbu only stocks Mindy weaponry, Heisho."

Kuriko inhaled deeply before asking Shin one last question, "Is this everything you'll need then?" this question could have been the worst question to ask the Yamataian as he seemed to have memorized the entire inventory for the Daisy accessories.

Shin smiled. "Yes Maam it is. And once again, i'm sorry for having to put this burden on you."

Kuriko nodded, "It's okay Nekki-Hei. I'll order these things as soon as possible." Kuriko returned Shin's bow before she turned to leave the Medical Bay.

Shin shrugged, leaving the medical bay and heading to his room

At this point Kuriko was alerted mentally that she had a message from Shoi; Kanno Akira. It was a small request for her to respond at her earliest convenience with a time at when she’d be free for a conversation.

Kuriko spent a few minutes looking over the message, finally Kuriko decided that since she was up she might as well indicate her availability. Her response indicated that she was available whenever the Shoi wished to speak with her, and that she was happy to hear of his recovery.

With that sent, a few minutes later she received a response from the Shoi. "Well in that case, meet me for coffee on deck six-teen in the officers' ward." Akira responded now telepathically.

Kuriko stopped where she was and walked over to the lift. I wonder what Akira-shoi wants to talk to me about. Kuriko was slightly concerned though happy at the same time, and by the time she made it to the officers' ward her worry had been washed away, instead replaced by a small red glow on her cheeks.

Upstairs in the fine dining area of the ward room, where Kuriko was previously called to when she received her promotion, was the blonde haired Shoi sitting alone in front of a data pad and a volumetric display. His eyes were cast aside to the grafted wall displays of the space outside. Like staring out a window on a rainy day, he seemed entranced by the vast horizon with the Ketsurui nebula sitting in full view of the Senbu.

"It's good to see that you're doing better." Kuriko said once she had arrived at the table, noticing that Akira was looking out at the nebula Kuriko also looked out the window. Though the nebula was indeed beautiful, Kuriko wasn't sure exactly what it was that the Shoi was gazing at.

The Shoi turned to face her and smiled a nod of thanks for her concern. Then with an up turned hand he gestured for her to sit. "Thanks for coming on such short notice." He said, talking casually to the young Neko officer. Much differently than he had spoken to her the first day they first met. "Well, isn't this a nice turn of events. It's good to see you've made a name for yourself Shifuda-Heisho." He said with a kinder smile, it was the kind of smile that would be common on a distant veteran, a man who had seen his fair share of battles.

Kuriko sat down accross from Akira, "Arigatou Kanno-Shoi." Kuriko responded to the praise the Yamataian was giving her, unsure of how else to really respond. "What is it I can do for you?" As Kuriko spoke her mind raced and bounced from topic to topic, but she was unable to decide on which one to talk about. Do I talk about the weather, today's battle, him. Instead Kuriko sat there kinda dumbly silent.

At this point the blue sprite that was in charge of the officers' wardroom zipped back out from behind her kitchen doors. With a platter in hand she served the two cups of coffee and then placed sugar and cream on the counter for the officers to use at their leisure. Then without a word she bowed her head and zipped back into the kitchen. "I was just reviewing the results of the combat, after something like that I thought I'd better congratulate you for a job well done. I even got you a present, though it's nothing fancy." He said the last bit while fishing into his uniform pocket to produce a small box, it was the same kind they received their new metals and rank pins. Only it appeared to be a little worn. "I think you might need one of these soon," he said as he placed the box before the Neko officer, "I hope it brings you as much luck as it did me." He commented as she’d open the box. Inside was a polished Ittô Heisho pin, obviously it wasn’t because he was the one giving her the promotion, but rather gave it to her for when she did get it.

Kuriko's face turned a deeper shade of red as she ran her fingers over the embossed rank pin grazing it's raised edges. "Arigatou Kanno-Shoi" Kuriko managed to stammer out. Kuriko was quiet for a few seconds before she spoke again, "What was it like, when you were an Itto Heisho, Kanno-Shoi?" Kuriko asked with a keen interest in her eye.

"That's a story best left for our second cup, for now though I'm just gonna have the one. I look forward to the second." Akira said as he finished off his hot beverage and then made his way out of the bay.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back