• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 13.7 - Downtime: Bonds built by battle |Mini-JP|

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: YSS Senbu

The members of the Senbu had finished lunch and were now off in various parts of the ship. As for the ship's commanding officer and her XO, well... they eventually did finish their late lunch and were back to the office, sitting across from one another with after dinner beverages, cafe mocha for the captain, discussing the future mission ahead and what they should do to prepare. "I think we need to have to get the Pride Wing a little better bonded, I mean they are finally all together and have free time," Shizuka suggested while glancing out the large bay window in her office, both hands wrapped around her mug to enjoy the warmth.

“They seem to be working well in the field thus far,” Nicholas replied, sipping at his own drink that he’d poured from a silver flask that he’d retrieved from his quarters on the way back to Shizuka’s suite. He hadn’t used the contents of the flask in what seemed like years – not since his time on the Goban – but they were still as intoxicating as they’d ever been. “Having them get to know each other better outside of a combat situation may be a good idea, though. I’m sure you heard a few of the comments about Pride that were said in the mess hall.”

Shizuka put her head on the desk and laid there for a moment nodding once. "I know they'll improve, I have confidence in them... they're – just putting some strain on my nerves. But there have been good outcomes, and Kuriko is doing wonderfully I must say." Shizuka raised her head with her chin on the desk; she smiled with a sort of tried-and-tested-hope-still-there look.

“Well, if you have confidence in them, then I do as well,” Nicholas said in a very dry tone. She’d been correct in all of her assumptions of confidence thus far, so he wouldn’t question it, at least not yet. Still, as the Shosa’s personal project, he hoped that they’d shape up quickly. He didn’t want to think how their actions would reflect on her reputation if they continued. “What did you have in mind for this bonding exercise, Shizuka?”

"I might have something in mind, but maybe we should wait until later. For now let's just get the ones who have free time together and run them through a combat exercise," Shizuka suggested, sighing deeply at her inability to really have anything to make them do at the moment. Really, she was just glad to have the free time. She began thinking of an exercise they’d be able to put the Pride Wing through as she stood up. "But first, I think I'm going to change..." Shizuka then turned heel and headed up to her room portion of the large Captain’s quarters. Floating up the clear zero-G chamber however did leave a wonderful angle to admire the uniform from, as the captain left to change out of the skirted outfit.

The Geshrin Taii couldn’t help but stare as Shizuka ascended to her quarters. It was probably a good thing that she didn’t always wear that uniform, he figured. Not one to dwell on anything for long, not even what he’d just seen, Nicholas went about going over some of the still unread after action reports available for review on his data pad as he waited for Shizuka to prepare herself to do whatever she had in mind to put Pride Wing through. The downtime had been a relief but he was glad to be back doing military business and exercises, and didn’t mind how short the period of rest and relaxation ended up being.

Shizuka then came down dressed in her normal male uniform, crisp and clean. "Well let's get going, I have an idea in mind, it might make for some interesting combat experience," Shizuka said to Nicholas as she walked past with her data pad in hand. "Put out a notice, for all the Pride Wing members with free time on their hands to meet us up at the simulators. I’m gonna teach them some combat, first hand." Shizuka said the last bit with a big devious grin pulling at the corners of her mouth.

“Right away, Shosa,” Nicholas said in reply. Immediately, as he followed Shizuka out of her suite and off to deck 11, he entered the order to meet up in the simulators and sent it out to all members of Pride Wing.

In the mess hall Rin finished up her meal without further incident and decided it would be best to head down to the power armor bays following it. Considering the amount of damage she sustained against the Red Mindy, there was a bit of guilt that followed at the workload being added to the already taxed maintainers after the large-scale conflict. If the Nitô Hei could not keep her promise to Shifuda-heisho, she would at least try to make up for it by aiding in the restoration process. Rin was perfectly qualified as a technical sentry, after all, so she should start acting more like one now that she had returned to duty.

Having exchanged her skirted uniform for a regulation jumpsuit more suited to getting one's hands dirty, Rin grabbed the lift from the enlisted quarters on down to the lower decks and armory, intent on seeing the current condition of her Mindy for herself, rather than simply asking MEGAMI for a status report.

Masako would finish her lunch up and headed for a training dojo, taking the Senbu's guidance down to it again. She'd pause in her own quarters to change into something more appropriate for exercise. The buxom blonde would exit her quarters in a tight fitting halter top and spats as she headed for the dojo, her blonde hair pulled up into a high ponytail that swished around as she walked past a few crewmembers.

Once she arrived at her destination, Masako would look around for a clear place to get in some basic exercise. But she'd end up claiming a pull-up bar and hopped up to grab onto it to begin pulling herself up then slowly lowering her full figured body up and down.

Kuriko walked back to her office quickly, kind of weirded out by Shin's attention to her. As she walked, the Neko finally rationalized his behavior away as being normal. Hmm... perhaps we should talk about how he feels useless some more, maybe there are a few alternatives. Kuriko thought before she talked to Shin telepathically. "Shin, I'd like to have a talk with you. Could you... come to my quarters?" Kuriko's voice was calm when she 'spoke' to Shin.

Shin looked up from his desk, sighing. He rubbed his temples, putting on his glasses and dropping the pencil down. He had been writing something, though it wasn’t clear what. "Hai, Shifuda-heisho," he responded telepathically, then left his quarters, heading to the Heisho's.

Shin stepped out of the lift, heading to Kuriko's quarters. "Shifuda-Heisho, I'm here," he said telepathically. The Yamataian male stood at attention outside her door, waiting for her to let him inside her room. Some Nekos were probably watching him, and wondering why the pervert was here.

Kuriko's ears twitched a little as the door made a 'shoosh' noise when it slid open. "Good, come on in," Kuriko offered as she stood up out of her chair and moved to speak to the Yamataian. "I thought maybe we could talk about your combat performance a little more," Kuriko said gently.

Shin smiled, bowing to Kuriko before entering her room. "You mean about how I’m all but useless?" He still smiled at the Neko, even with his apparent pessimism.

Kuriko motioned for Shin to sit on the chair as she plopped down on her bed across from the chair. "Well, we did order some more parts for the Daisy. That should help. Also, I doubt we would have gotten that shuttle if you hadn't disabled its shields. What makes you think you're ineffective?" Kuriko wasn't quite sure why the Yamataian so firmly held this belief. He had only really had a single combat mission, but he did do rather well considering.

Shin sat down in the chair, leaning back. "Kuriko, the Daisy was made for ground combat, not space combat. The only reason I was successful at all was because the only combat we saw involved me avoiding it. Even then, I barely did anything to that shuttle; Ishida-hei did the work."

Kuriko sighed, she had seen the videos. Shin was solely responsible for leaving the shuttle open to attack, without that it could have escaped. "Very well, what do you think would make you more effective?" Kuriko decided to try and gauge the Yamataians view of effectiveness instead.

Shin shrugged. "You could get me reassigned to a ground division. Or we could attempt to get me a fighter for me to pilot. That might work." The Yamataian yawned, looking around the Neko's quarters.

Kuriko's quarters were dimly lit, a light on the desk lit up the left wall that it sat against, a bookcase with a few volumes sat to the side of the desk. Kuriko sat on her bed with her feet hanging off of it. Behind her there were a couple of feet of empty space, then the opposite wall. All in all it was a small room, nothing too special. "Okay, those might work. Why do you feel you’re ineffective in this squadron though?" The Neko leaned back on her elbows, though she still looked toward Shin as she asked this.

Shin pulled a sheet of paper out, on it various scribbles and stuff. "I am about five inches too tall to pilot the Mindy. Pride Wing only uses Mindy’s. The Daisy cannot keep up, and my slowness caused the injury of a comrade. Shifuda-heisho, I must request that you requisition for me a replacement for my Daisy."

Kuriko nodded, she had thought that's what the problem would be, but this confirmed it. "Shin, when I asked earlier if you would mind a body transfer you were... strongly opposed. Why is that?" Kuriko tried to sensitively address the topic, after all it wouldn't do anyone any good if Shin got angry.

Shin looked at Kuriko, his eyes wandering down to her bust. Finding nothing there, they returned to her eyes. "Because. I shouldn't have to change my body even more than what has already been done. I was originally slated for a ground division, so I didn’t think it was necessary any way."

Kuriko saw Shin's eyes wander and had to resist every urge she had to hit him and kick him out of her room. "How much have you had to change your body already?" Kuriko wondered aloud.

Shin thought, counting on fingers how many time he's had to change his body. "Well, first there was the transfer to the Yam body. And that's just about it."

"Oh? Were you Geshrin beforehand?" Kuriko asked as she thought about what it must be like to have had a different body and get a transfer.

Shin nodded. "Yes, I was a Geshrin. Perhaps I’m lucky that I didn’t die in the plague like my parents."

Kuriko's face turned to a frown, the plague was something she wasn't particularly proud of Uesu for, but it was something out of her control. "Wouldn't you be able to contribute as much as you desire if you were to get a shorter body though?" I'm not letting you go without a fight, Shin, Kuriko thought firmly as she spoke.

Shin glared at Kuriko, eyes narrowing. "So the body my parents gave me isn’t good enough? No. No, that's wrong. I already dishonored them enough by getting this Yamataian body. I won't change it just to make others happy."

"Then remain as you are Shin." Kuriko leaned back up. "As I've said before, I see no issues with your combat performance. You've performed quite well with a Daisy as is. I see no reason to reassign a perfectly capable member of Pride Wing to a different division when he is doing well enough as is." Kuriko felt like she was kind of putting her foot down. "Shin, we are always our own greatest critics. You do better than you think, but if you want to go higher, you'll need to really think about what it's going to take." Kuriko paused, "I'm not saying it will be a body transfer, but I am saying that if you are unsatisfied with the capabilities of the Daisy then you'll either need to learn to optimize them, or find another acceptable solution." Kuriko's voice softened as she realized that she was being really hard on Shin.

Shin smiled at Kuriko. "I understand, Shifuda-Heisho."

Kuriko nodded, the Heisho wasn't quite sure how Shin really felt about what she said, and the Hei did seem to have a low self esteem. She'd need to get some advice on this later. Kuriko stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before speaking. "How do you feel about this?" Kuriko asked.

Shin shrugged. "Kuriko, you're the Heisho. I'll support your decisions, as long as you don't go mad with power."

Kuriko felt the Yamataian hug her for the third time in the day. "Well, I need to finish up some work real quick," Kuriko said. "You should probably go take care of anything you need to as well." After dismissing the Hei she watched as he left. Once the door shut, Kuriko sat back down at her desk and opened up a volumetric window containing armor loadouts. The Heisho slid options around, but her mind wasn't on the work. He replied the same way the last time we left, Kuriko thought as she slid a capacitor module into the shoulder instead of a spare weapon mount, But he still seemed to have some strong feelings. I wonder what else is buried down there. Either way, I'll need to handle this gently. Kuriko was about to change something else when she finally looked at the modifications she had made. They were simple yes, but they increased the movement capabilities of the Mindy units without sacrificing anything so far. With a hopeful sigh, Kuriko submitted the finalized version of her Pride Wing Standardized Mindy Loadout to Shizuka, before closing the window and deciding to head back to the armor bay again to manually change Sigmund's loadout.

By the time Rin arrived in the much less busy Pride Wing bay, she could find her Mindy already repaired. A new arm was already attached and the armor connecting it was as good as new. The only things that were left to be done is a clean and shine, it appeared the engineers had put that task off for later. There were various markings and light scorches that had to be polished out.

Hoshitomo-hei was quite impressed with the speed of the Senbu's technical staff in restoring the integrity of the arm servo. Was the whole ship so dedicated, or was it reserved for the Pride Wing in some way? It mattered little; the important part was that it was battle ready and just needed a little TLC. Taking the initiative, the armor pilot thus acquired a set of Durandium buffing and sanding tools from the equipment lockers and set to work on removing the last scars of the previous fight. With a set of earplugs and safety glasses on, the teal-haired soldier found the task quite cathartic. In a way, she was removing her own final mental wounds as well.

As Kuriko entered the armor bay she could see and hear Rin working on her own power armor with a very single-minded intensity. By the sight of some of the alloy dust that had settled she had been buffing the blue Mindy for quite awhile, as the scoring and marks from her first mission were almost completely gone and the Pride Wing's red and gold shoulder patch was once again gleaming.

Kuriko walked up behind Rin, but once the noise of the grinder became uncomfortable Kuriko covered her ears with her hands and stood behind the Hei watching. "It looks good," Kuriko said telepathically to Rin, watching how the Hei buffed out the armor. This was a learning experience for Kuriko as she didn't exactly know how to use a buffer like that.

Hoshitomo-hei heard the unspoken message from the wing leader from behind her, cutting the power to the tool in a moment and the sound level ebbing as the RPMs on the disc decreased. She rose up the protective tinted goggles and gave a nod of her head. "Oh... Shifuda-heisho. I didn't know you were there." She then looked back at the Mindy and gave it a firm pat. "Caring for Star Army property is vitally important to the mission... and I still do have to keep that promise."

Nicholas’ digital order for all available members of Pride Wing to report to the simulator would come to each of the pilots just after he sent it. At the rate that he and Shizuka were moving, he figured they’d get there well before the pilots, giving her time to brief him on the details of what she had planned.

"Well to put it simply, I'm going to put them through an intense combat situation,” Shizuka said as they made their way to deck 11. “Their opponents aren’t going to be rookies, so I won't be putting them against inexperienced pilots. I've also taken this time to request some pilots from the Gold Wing; they'll be on my team," she continued with a smile as her intentions became clear.

Kuriko was happy to see Rin moving around, as well as back in the bay so quickly. The Heisho opened her mouth to speak when she received the message to come to the training deck sim rooms. "Looks like we have something to do, you busy?" Kuriko asked before turning toward the lifts.

Rin shook her head and moved to quickly clean up the little mess and put all the various things she borrowed back to the storage area. "I am pretty much done here, for now. My Mindy is spaceworthy for our next sortie; any other minor maintenance I will leave to the engineering staff to comply with." Once that was done, she followed behind Kuriko. "I admit I'm curious what exercises the Shosa might have planned for us."

"You've got me; I didn't know anything about this," Kuriko said, hoping it wouldn't have much to do with combat, before stepping onto the lift to the training deck.

Hiroko was waiting at that point, reading another treatise from the archives, leaning against a wall - a habit of hers so she could observe what was happening in the world of the Senbu - when the message came. Her musings about the philosophies of her country were lost... There had been no significant philosophical works produced in Yamatai since... since before her time. Since before the time they were in this part of the galaxy. Philosophy had died, left to the scribbles of a few isolated people that had ideas. But nothing of substance. But... message. She stood up, heading towards the sims down on the training deck.

Sakaki had just finished her tea when she got the call and headed out to the lifts after cleaning up her food. Remembering the battle with Masako before, she wondered what kind of exercise this could be.

Meanwhile, after briefly getting confused, Hiroko ended up calling the lift for the training deck, calling the same one that even now Kuriko was riding.

"Ne, Hoshitomo-hei. What do you think of Nekki-hei?" Kuriko asked Rin while the lift descended. Kuriko hadn't finished her question for more than a few seconds before the door to the lift opened up revealing none other than Hiroko. "Ah, Ishida-hei. Heading down to the training deck?" Kuriko asked casually.

Hiroko nodded, walking towards the back of the elevator. "I am."

Rin responded mentally to Kuriko's query, even as she gave a bow of her head to Ishida-hei. "Nekki-hei appears to be having issues with his... discipline. He is dead set on leaving this wing, when the only thing that must truly change is himself. A real soldier does not give up, they evolve to meet challenges." Then there was a pause, before she received another tidbit, sent with a bit annoyance. "He also needs to keep his hands and lips to himself." The way it was presented implied he had tried something on the Yamataian woman, too.

Kuriko listened to what Rin had said about Shin, and for the most part agreed, up until her final sentence. "Did he...try anything?" Kuriko asked mentally as she turned to Hiroko. "How's your day off been treating you Ishida-hei?" Kuriko asked aloud, hoping to elicit conversation. Before anything else could happen, the lift stopped and the door swooshed open up to the training deck allowing the small group to exit.

Sakaki soon arrived behind the rest of the group; she was her serious, emotionless looking person as normal.

Rin frowned visibly and tried to hide the cause of the displeasure as being brought on by some process dust on her jumpsuit she had missed. Brushing it off, there was a curt digital reply. "I believe he takes the term 'kiss and make up' after a fight too literally."

Hiroko strode out of the lift, briefly replying, "Ah, fine, fine. Doing a bit of reading... thinking about things... I must lead a boring life to you..." Did she? It was... it was hard to express.

Kuriko took this new revelation about Shin in stride. "Sumimasen," Kuriko sent to Rin as she stepped off of the lift. "Not at all. I myself like to read, and thinking used to be my job," Kuriko said happily as she led the group toward the simulators.

Preferring to focus on other matters for now, Hoshitomo-hei nodded to Hiroko. "There has certainly been a lot to think about, Ishida-hei, especially when the new intelligence is released on what we face."

Hiroko glanced over at Rin and tilted her head. "Variables…?"A pause. She shouldn't be so brief with people! "Erm. That is to say. It's all variables for strategy. Not much meaning, not much thought - Yet."

The teal-haired soldier also noticed Sakaki had appeared behind them, as the task force forming for this simulation exercise grew in size yet again to a team of four. "Ah, Ushimo-hei... good to see you could make it." Turning her attention back to Hiroko, the young woman nodded. "War is always about managing variables. Risk versus reward... however, I remain concerned about the firepower of our opponents and the fact we are still flying blind as to their motives and objectives. No pirate I've ever heard of had a Chiharu on their side."

Hiroko shook her head dismissively. "No, it's not about motives. Capability, propensity, idiosyncrasy. That's what a real tactical decision about behavior boils down to. Motives are just what someone tells you about what they think they know about themselves. And objectives are just what they tell themselves about their innermost greeds."

Shizuka and Nicholas now arrived in the training area, which a moment before they arrived was under orders to clear out. So the place was theirs for the exercise. With her arms outstretched in front of her, the Neko captain got herself ready. "So Nick, you gonna join today?" she asked, wondering if he’d be apart of the operation.

Nicholas raised an eyebrow at Shizuka’s question. “How do you mean, Shizuka?” he asked, hoping that she didn’t mean him taking part in the squad-level component part of the exercise. “I will participate as you direct me to, Shosa. If you feel that any of my abilities aren’t sufficient, I will train.” The last time he had been in an armor, simulated or otherwise, had been on Bowhordia, where he’d not been much use at all. In fact, he hadn’t even kept the suit on in that situation. If she did expect the Geshrin to join the simulation, he was prepared for embarrassment.

"Perfect, you must need an armor familiarization course anyway. Let's have you suited up with them, you'll ride as a member of the Pride Wing and tell me firsthand what you think, it'll help me get a better perspective on their squad," Shizuka said, sweetly ignorant to his lack of abilities. At this time the members of the Gold Wing she had called were arriving. There were three of them, two Yamataian males and a Neko. "Ah thank you for coming; Hideki-heisho, Aiko-hei and Kaito-hei," Shizuka said with a head bow towards the three pilots, to which they returned the bow.

Sakaki returned with a nod, then noticed Hiroko and moved closer to be a part of the conversation without actually being considered a part of it. She hadn't had much time to converse with the Yamataian since the last operation, as she respected Hiroko's tactical senses. Forming strategies and tactics was something she herself wasn't too good at other than a duel, and was something she felt needed to improve on in the future.

Rin wasn't expecting quite this level of a response from the fellow pilot to her offhand comments about the situation, and it left her momentarily silent as she attempted to process the meaning behind the statement. She could see the truth in the explanation, but the woman's approach was entirely different and a bit annoyingly cryptic to the straight shooting soldier's demeanor. "...You sound more like a criminal psychologist than a power armor pilot," remarked Rin dryly, not intending any insult.

Hiroko smirked slightly. Give an odd response, get an odd answer. But... "And who's to say that such a trait doesn't help?"

Rin merely spoke the truth back this time. "In this situation it is most helpful." She paused for a moment and then gave a thin smile. "Still, you are an excellent shot. I can see much planning goes into your attacks."

The smirk actually widened. In some sense, Hiroko got a little bit of amusement out of these little encounters. Especially when they're unaware... "You'd think that it goes into them, wouldn't you? Variables get accounted for when they appear, and a plan exists only in the sense that the best course of action must be acted upon instantly."

"Your variables has just arrived Ishida-hei," announced Sakaki softly as she saw the Gold Wing members arrive. She hadn't an idea what their skill was just yet, as she didn't remember seeing them in the last conflict.

Kuriko listened to the group discussion with a mild interest. The Heisho had many thoughts and opinions on the topic, but decided not to voice them so that she could understand her peers better through their own opinions. Kuriko noticed the Gold Wing members entering the same simulation room that Pride Wing was to enter when Sakaki pointed it out. Hmm, this will be interesting, Kuriko thought before stepping through the door.

Hiroko tilted her head slightly, moving forward. "Another wing, huh? Inevitably more seasoned. Different group dynamic." So this was the Shosa's plan. Training. Severe training, against their own. After all, the best way to learn what's hot is to be thrown into the fire…

“Ah… as you wish Shosa,” Nicholas said as the pilots from Gold and Pride Wings entered. “I will warn you, though, I am probably one of the least qualified armored combat operators on your ship,” he told her as he stepped closer to the Neko commander, leaning in as he got close. “I hope that this combat will invigorate you as much as the last one did, Shizuka,” he whispered, keeping what he had to say private, a small amount of annoyance escaping with his voice, “because I’m sure that for all of the excitement you will get from this exercise, I will have equal parts frustration over my embarrassment.” After he’d finished, he took his place beside the Shosa, allowing her to address the assembled combatants.

The Shosa's small smile grew into a full fledged smirk at Nick’s words. Then she stepped forward to address the personnel gathered. "Alright everyone, we'll be conducting a simulated armor combat exercise. It'll be simple; the Pride Wing will be facing off against these members of the Gold Wing. The staging area will be the debris field we deployed into during our first mission, twenty minutes from Narita’s surface." Shizuka then turned to Kuriko, and glanced back at Nicholas. "If you don’t mind Heisho, the Taii will be joining your wing. He’ll be under your command for the exercise."

Rin, of course, rendered the proper bow to the Shosa and the Taii, as well as respectful nods to the Gold Wing members they would face off against, though even she was barely able to conceal her surprise at the fact that Nicholas would be joining them in a combat exercise. This would no doubt throw the team's chain of command into chaos and make the older tough fight even more difficult... was he even rated well for using a Daisy on the field? The Nitô Hei cast the XO a worried glance, but soon sighed and accepted this fact. Time to adapt yet again.

Kuriko was slightly caught off guard by this turn of events. "H-hai Endo-Shosa," Kuriko replied as her mind tried to grasp this new situation. Saiga-taii is under my command... but outranks me. It wouldn't have been as hard to grasp if it weren't for the fact that Nicholas was the Ship's XO. "Are we pre-deployed Shosa or will we be launched from ship?" Kuriko asked as she thought of the newer loadout and possibly using it.

"Pre-deployed, and I'll be riding with the Gold Wing," Shizuka said, that smirk of hers hadn’t left quite yet. Then at this point she bowed her head and started to walk over to the other side of the training bay.

Hiroko crossed her arms. All of these disruptions and challenges and games, she mused. It’s all part of the trick. The whole idea is to make us bewildered, surprised by all of the things flying around us... No. Our test is to act regardless of circumstances. She did bow though - and got ready.

After bowing low to the opposing team of this simulation, Sakaki commented, "She is a lion, and seems she is already crouching in cover waiting for her prey," saying this she was slightly blushing and keeping her thoughts steadily focused on what they are about to do. She glanced up at the tall Geshrin and wondered what skill he could, then asked, "Perhaps it is a good day to brush up your sword training?" then headed to her training pod.

The members of the Gold Wing assembled there also returned any bows, and then followed in behind the Shosa. They were heading into another portion of the bay, to keep the two groups separated. Which gave the Pride Wing time to talk and strategize as well as strip; the simulator's pods operated the same way the armor does which meant the pilots needed to be naked first.

Kuriko mulled over this new development. "Does anyone have a loadout preference?" Kuriko asked the small group, aware that the Daisy's loadout wasn't very mutable.

Nicholas looked somewhat angry after Shizuka made him subordinate to Kuriko. That quickly faded to a barely-visible sense of worry on the Taii’s face. It wasn’t that he didn’t respect Kuriko or had a problem serving under her, but Shizuka’s order had made his survivability, even if it was just in the simulation, far less. He approached Kuriko and her unit as she asked about preferences. “I’ll take the standard spacy loadout for the Daisy,” he said as he bowed, wasting no time on discussing his situation. “Either the Accelerated Plasma Rifle or LASR will be fine. I will use whichever is more needed, Heisho.”

Hiroko stepped closer to Kuriko, and commented about her own preferences. "Bobcat configuration with an AB Saber-Rifle for a sidearm. I'd prefer the defensive output for a sniping role."

Sakaki removed her sword then began removing her clothing. "Close combat," she stated. The wannabe samurai was considering the beam sword from the last mission, and maybe a katana if she could be able to add in that as well. She only had a little experience of the Mindy's abilities from battling Masako the last time she was in one of these rooms.

Rin thought a moment and then stated, "I will use the Shrike configuration. With the parameters defined as they are, we require a dedicated anti-armor platform in this simulation to focus fire and engage effectively." Her blue eyes then glanced at the first officer alongside them. "With all due respect, Saiga-taii... you will be a very high priority target, so consider your defensive setups carefully."

“That is incorrect, Hoshitomo-hei. Shifuda-heisho is the highest priority target on our team,” he said, gesturing to Kuriko. “She is our leader in the field. During this exercise, I am simply a member of this wing,” he commanded, regretting every one of his words. As much as he’d have liked the protection of every soldier in the wing, it was not his place at the time and he couldn’t bring himself to advocate otherwise. He was a coward, but he knew his duty.

"I have an idea. Ushimo-hei, you want to handle close range combat? Could you equip the aether pulse turrets on your shoulders, a teleporter pack on your dorsal and a capacitor on your leg slots?" Kuriko asked Sakaki. "Saiga-taii, on your weapons racks, carry an extra Aether Beam Rifle. Both you and Ishida-hei will be sniping. Ishida-hei, because you have the teleporter, you're Saiga-taii's escape route if things get hot." Kuriko then breathed. "Hoshitomo-hei, if you think you can handle a lower ammunition count, could you swap the ammunition backpack for a Barrier Shield Module? You and I will be working at medium range assisting Ushimo-hei; I'll be your escape route. We'll be picking her targets and engaging them first." Kuriko felt exhausted when she finished speaking and wasn't quite sure the plan was a good one, but it seemed okay. Hopefully her teammates would let her know if there were flaws in her logic.

PAUSE

Unpause

The Pride Wing members plus the Taii were now left in their compartment to prepare for the action ahead. Their opponents were members of the Gold Wing's 01 team; lead this time by the Shosa instead of the Shoi. The tough battle ahead didn't seem like it was going to be easy, the gleam in the Captain’s eyes as she left meant she was just as excited for combat as the rookies; Nicholas’ ultimatum didn’t help matters either.

Mizu exited from her shower, making good timing back to her room. Once in her room, and the door closed behind her, Mizu dropped the towel that was wrapped around her, looking to the uniform that she had laid out along her bed from before she had hopped into the shower. As she began slipping pieces of the uniform on, Mizu remembered the notice that was sent out earlier, I wonder… if I hurry I might be able to make it for whatever is in store for those with free time in the Pride Wing… she thought to herself, putting on her top and fastening the pins in place. Taking a final look around her room for anything she may need, she placed her Type 30 Nekovalkyrja Service Pistol in her holster at the hip. Sheathing her Survival knife as well as grabbing her Type 29 Communicator before leaving her room to head for the turbo lift and getting on. "Deck 11," Mizu said, somewhat chirpy. She waited as she ascended through the other decks.

Masako would receive the message to join Pride Wing and would stop her exercise and head for the simulation pods for the squad exercise. Still in the glossy looking halter top and the knee length shorts, she would probably garner quite a bit of attention when she walked along and would take the lift down to the appropriate floor and came down to the pods to find an open one.

Kuriko looked around again with some finality before speaking. "Let's do this I guess," Kuriko said while heading to a pod and opening it up. We're going to fight the Shosa!?!? The battle between the Shosa and the Red Mindy replayed in Kuriko's head. She didn't want to have to fight that. Finally Kuriko forced herself into the pod, hoping that maybe, just maybe they could avoid the Shosa's grip.

“Yes, Heisho,” Nicholas nodded. Following the Neko’s order, he would make his way to an open pod, disrobe, and gingerly slip inside. He hadn’t ever been inside a LAMIA pattern armor, so was a little apprehensive as he manned the simulator. Disgusting, he thought as it closed around him, the organic interior clinging to his flesh. After the emulated Daisy interface loaded, he equipped the weapons that Kuriko had ordered him to and awaited further orders.

Ushimo-hei popped into her pod and began to log in, only this time with her real name than a pirate one. While changing the loadout to what Shifuda-heisho had specified, she couldn’t help but think about the looming battle The Shosa will be a worthy foe. A tiger with more claws than that of the red pirate is more than a warrior could ask to be one's foe.

Hiroko had remained silent, evaluating things... then, she would have to act. Moving into the simulator pod, she began configuring the settings, from loadout to personal settings. Not P'u, but a tool nonetheless. Suited up in the flesh of the simsuit, Hiroko waited for it to begin.

"Interesting..." Masako said to the orders to mount up into the pod once more and thought about it for a moment. Masako would get into one of the pods to load up a Mindy layout for a Shrike layout with a great sword for an optional melee weapon. "Hey guys, hope you don't mind I'm going melee," she said with a grin.

Kuriko thought for a second as the sim booted up. "Masako-san, it'd be better if you took a balanced configuration with a shoulder capacitor instead of a spare weapon mount. That way you can at least teleport," Kuriko suggested.

"Baaah teleporters are too slow and lead to problems if you use them too much," Masako said. "I prefer outright power; everyone here is in a Power Armor right? Why not use something geared more toward eliminating them? Logic says that if they meant for it to be used with a teleporter unit then they'd have given it one as default, I'll be fine. Besides it's a sim, doesn't leave permanent damage," she argued calmly.

Hiroko came on over the line, and... sighed. "Tools are meant to be used."

Mizu exited the lift after it arrived at its destination, heading to the room with the training pods lining both sides of the walls. She noticed that the majority of those that had joined in on this exercise had already been suited up. Mizu made her way to an open pod, stripping down and placing her clothes at the side of the pod. Climbing into the cockpit area and snuggly making herself near-comfortable, Mizu closed the hatch and waited for everything to get going, responding only with, "Kisaragi-hei, ready to go. Let's get this show going!" Mizu didn't really know the specifics of the exercise yet, just that if she had the free time, to show up.

"What do you care? Lemme fight and die on my own terms," Masako said in a snippily annoyed tone. "Besides, you don't polish your evasion or attack by using teleporter, it's too easy and you don't learn how to actually engaged enemies. You just bypass them all, I'm not saying it doesn't have its uses but I prefer not to use it," she said.

"Outright power is fine, but if you lack the means to escape then it is useless, Masako-san. Besides, the teleporter-capacitor combo isn't just for your own ease of movement, it's so that if you have to pull someone else to safety you can do it quickly and easily." Kuriko wasn't sure why they were arguing, it was as Masako had said, a sim.

"Then I'll learn how to do the old fashioned way, I'm sorry but I’m used to doing things the manual way from my days on planet. It's still an adjustment time for me." Masako sighed.

"Do not mind Sakiyurai-hei," commented Sakaki. "She is capable of maneuvers, and does not know how to time teleports perfectly." Ushimo-hei drew this from experience of the last duel with Masako, when Masako teleporting first gave Sakaki an opening.

"Mizu, it's been a while. How are you doing?" Kuriko telepathically 'spoke' to her friend. "I kinda have an idea of what to do, but I want your opinions, we're fighting Shizuka-shosa..."[/i] Kuriko hoped that Mizu had an idea, since hers were just spur of the moment. "Ushimo-hei, you'll be Masako's partner then," Kuriko said over the com.

"Hai, understood," Sakaki responded to her commanding officer.

"Whoohoo!" Masako said cheerfully.

"Oh, one last thing Masako-san. Us in medium range will pick your targets and engage them before you. Then you'll move in," Kuriko said, hoping the plan would work.

Masako came on Kuriko’s screen visually and gave her a look of "you're kidding right?" then gave a sigh expression then vanished. "If you say so... I suppose we're supposed to just keep them off you instead of going hunting huh?"

"Actually, to start, the goal is to keep them off of you. We'll engage then you take over while the snipers as well as we engage other foes. We don't want to fire into close combat unless we have to, and that's why we have snipers,” Kuriko said. She had done some mild reading about tactics and this made sense, though it was probably quite basic.

Mizu looked towards Kuriko with a smile. "Well, keep the team in good condition or as best you can. Watch your own back, and take down the target," Mizu telepathically replied almost promptly, but with a cheery nicety to it. She went over the different configuration options for the simulation Mindy and decided to give the “Death Blossom” assault option a shot.

The linked simulation pods began connecting to the server, connecting to the Shosa's pod which she had already set for the operation. Everyone's HUD displayed a quick description of the combat. Location; Star Army debris field, 20 minutes from Nataria’s surface. Objectives: eliminate all targets. Losing condition: loss of all combat personnel. The Pride Wing was deployed in a delta formation, at the edge of the 1/8th AU field, in every direction. It was a chaos of destroyed and derelict ships, as before it seemed the mess of power core leakage disrupted sensors, which meant it’ll be hard to locate the members of the Gold Wing somewhere in the wreckage. An intense glowing line of text appeared on all the HUDs of the units involved; 'Begin!' Then it faded out and the operation started.

Masako's armor didn't seem to be responding once she closed the top half of the training pod. "You need to be unclothed to operate the simulator. Please remove your clothing and re-enter the simulator pod," MEGAMI told the Hei telepathically in her normal, calm and empty robotic voice.

"Everyone activate your active camo," Kuriko sent over the comms before switching on her own. We need to find Gold Wing, the Neko thought as she looked out into the field of debris. Kuriko just then noticed that Masako was still offline, "Masako-san, are you having problems with the simulator?" Kuriko asked telepathically before she noticed Mizu's loadout. Well, too late now, Kuriko thought as she set about actively scanning for Gold Wing.

"Well no wonder it's not loading for me..." Masako grumbled a bit, finding herself left out of the simulation. Now who's the nutjob that made the one a rule? I don't understand it, I really don't. Probably why I'm not a tech, she thought to herself and simply remained where she was, not really wanting to strip down just for a stupid simulation that had no real point in the action. Ehhh I'm not missing much. It's just one big, fully interactive game anyway... the blonde thought, blushing some. "Huh? Oh yeah, it's ‘cause I didn't strip ‘cause of some stupid rule saying you had to... it doesn't settle easily with me but I suppose this pods are private enough anyway. What? Oh great now I gotta wait until the next game is ready huh? Have fun without me, I'd just drag you guys down," she responded to Kuriko’s telepathic message.

Once the simulation had activated, Nicholas spent a few moments familiarizing himself with the Daisy’s controls. He floated awkwardly in the emulated spacefield, looking a little off-balance as he attempted to get used to the inertia generated from even the slightest of movements. “Ready for further orders, Kuriko-heisho,” he said after stabilizing his armor and activating its optical camouflage.

Rin took Kuriko's suggestion to heart as she relieved herself of the engineer's jumpsuit and slipped her ivory skinned form into the privacy of the pod. Keying up the options for the virtual Mindy, she selected the Shrike anti-armor package with the ammo boosting magazine backpack substituted with a BSM addition as per Kuriko's tactical suggestions and the avatar of her combat entity manifested amidst the debris shortly thereafter. The active camouflage unit was cycled into operation, as she watched the figures of her friends appear on her HUD. "Modifications complete. Time to hunt," murmured the Nitô Hei over the comms.

Sakaki's Mindy formed into the virtual space and cloaked immediately. She began scanning for hostiles and found none as expected. "What are my orders, Shifuda-heisho?" requested Ushimo-hei, while keeping in formation.

Loud music, with heavy mind-assaulting bass began to play loudly over the simulation. An aether beam blasted straight through a line of lightly clustered debris and took out Mizu before she had the chance to activate her shielding. The white beam was uncontested; her head was cleanly shot off. But it gave away the location of one of the Gold Wing members, who was set up in visual cloaking, firing from an open section of a downed Yui. "Kisaragi-heisho has been eliminated from combat," MEGAMI's voice called over the communications, announcing the situation calmly and precisely.

Hiroko glanced around at her surroundings, and the course of action came to mind. Her voice crackled into life on the Pride Wing system. "Moving to cover, will transfer position when needed." And as soon as her active camo went on, Hiroko teleported out into the nearest wreckage that had a view of the battlefield. She drew the saber-rifle, holding it steady. Waiting...

The target was some distance away, and there were no visuals on any other units being with it. It fired off another calculated shot, this time for Kuriko. The white aether was deadly accurate as it was destructive, tearing through fragments of hulls as it zipped after its target.

"MIZU!!!" Kuriko screamed over the comm. Wait... she's gone, you have other people to worry about now. Kuriko's mind jarred to think of the current situation. We're in a sim, we still need to be careful though. "Saiga-taii, Ishida-hei, get to a vantage point that has some cov-" Kuriko was halfway through what she was saying when she noticed a gleam and a very rapidly approaching aether beam. Before the Neko could even scream, the simulated Sigmund initiated a teleport, the AIES having determined that Kuriko was unable to react in time. Kuriko popped back into existence behind a nearby starship hull. "Everyone get to cover," Kuriko radioed. "Ishida-hei, Saiga-taii, once you're behind cover, take him out." Kuriko hoped that they had been able to pinpoint his location.

Nicholas shouldered the Aether Beam Rifle that he’d been told to carry, bracing it against the Daisy’s built-in shield. This will give me more cover than any of the debris out here, he thought, tracking the armor’s aiming apparatus to where the recent shots had originated from. He was better than a good shot, able to take exacting aim and release a shot of accurate, pinpoint death onto a target. Unfortunately for the Geshrin Shoi, he still had not perfected stabilizing an armor in a zero-g atmosphere, so his ability would no doubt suffer for it.

Hoshitomo gritted her teeth as Mizu was fragged from the battle. They were definitely playing hardball here, and she would have to approach it likewise. Kuriko almost met the same fate, but she was able to portal out in time, and this left Rin remaining on point. "Stay focused, Heisho. That will be the first and last casualty we take!" Hoshitomo-hei broadcasted telepathically as she set about her own preparations. Power was diverted from the forearm weapons to initiate the warm up of the Barrier Shield Module to full capacity, as she tried to find cover behind some flotsam and draw a bead on movement, expecting an attack at any moment.

Ushimo-hei was a bit stunned by the sudden defeat of her comrade; it came quickly without warning right as they were setting up. Sakaki refocused avoided the beam fire while she began to dash from debris to debris, looking for an ambush spot and waiting for the others to follow up. The onboard computer was ordered to watch the gunfire pattern so she could know when she would be forced to move.

Hiroko looked, and seemed... annoyed. She needed a better look. She needed to get... perfect. Grabbing onto an exposed support strut, she began to meter up thrust on her CFS, using the strength of the PA to drag the ENTIRE hunk of wreckage, gaining speed. The other hand held the Saber-rifle in place, ready to strike if she saw a sign of a target... And she stayed mindful of her teleporter, knowing that she'd need to get out fast if they found her, camo or not.

Masako would eventually conform to the requirement and log into the ongoing game, appearing in the simulation in a Mindy with a shrike layout with a power armor-sized powerblade great sword. Probably painting herself a target, but was holding her weapon in one hand while leaving her other hand bare for… something.

The sniper fled into the depths of the Yui, taking off into the access to the hallway in behind. This made the motion tracking sensors on everyone's AIES begin to lose his signal. Then, at this point with everyone except for Kuriko on the other side of the downed ship, a barrage of missiles cleared out from the husk of a large shuttle which had the back blasted off. A full-out 40 missile volley screamed out into the mess and parted to cluster chase all the Pride Wing members visible, and even some detonated in the mess of things to uncloak the units hiding in the debris, or at least push them around to evoke their attacks. Then that member of the Gold Wing jettisoned the empty missile salvos from their shoulders and flew towards the Yui. This gave Kuriko a mid range opening for an attack.

Kuriko didn't need prompting, taking her Aether Beam Rifle she took a few seconds to make sure she would hit the target before she pulled the trigger and released her own aether beam into the retreating unit. "Break up, we don't want to be clumped together if they do that again," Kuriko said through the comms.

Nicholas tumbled for a few long seconds as the debris around him drifted quickly under the concussion of the missiles’ blast. His active camouflage fizzled as chunks of simulated starship hull crashed against his armor. Not able to fully correct his meandering spin, he made a sort of zigzag path up to a higher elevation from where he’d started in hopes of getting a lock on the sniper who had fled into the hull of the Yui.

Rin reacted quickly to the missile deployment, and rather than hiding from the attack, charged out from her hiding place at a calculated angle. Combining both the use of her deflective shielding with the momentum and a volley from her thigh countermeasure pods placed at key intervals, she focused on misdirecting the ones coming at those friends on her side of the ship. There was also the chance the explosions would reveal the remaining enemies, who might get caught by their own chaotic trap.

Sakaki was virtually hidden behind some debris, but calculated a teleport jump behind the missiles just in case one came too close. She teleported to a new position behind another set of debris, cloaked then changed position so she could not be tracked. She was working on getting closer, though she didn't want to go too far out ahead of her teammates, and hid behind a large metal plate that once used to be part of the ship's hull. She kept the lookout for any approaching enemy from there.

Masako reacted to the missiles where she was by using the sword and her aether projectors to defend against them, letting the force of them push her around before activating her stealth. Once invisible, she discharged anti-missile measures from her upper thighs and took off for the wreckage and got into a crevice and scanned the interior to pick out their sniper.

PAUSE

Unpause

Kuriko made a lucky hit. Her beam didn't strike any debris; it just zeroed in on the unit and collided with its shields. A corresponding after-flash of the electrogravitic and electrostatic fields that made up the CFS crackled and arched outwards after reaching critical limit, leaving the enemy pilot was open to structural damage. "Good shot..." a rather calm male voice responded coolly on a direct channel to Kuriko as he swiftly spun his power armor in an upwards corkscrew to adjust his facing so he'd stay lined up on her. He pointed both arms at her, and both slowly became brighter as he charged up two blasts, but he didn't fire just yet, using the time to back towards the Yui.

Sakaki's plan was a smart one, but she didn't compensate for the moving debris which was sent every-which-way after such a large series of blasts. When she came out of her teleportation, she'd be hit with a large chunk of a Sakura-class ship and bounced off it. She'd be feeling the bruising and damage later, that's for sure.

Masako's defense was sound, only up to her single swing against an explosive with her sword. The result was not pretty, with a counter force against her melee weapon, she was sent spinning in the opposite direction and her shields withstood the reminder of the blast. Her HUD displayed that she had 62 percent of her shield's capability remaining. The sword would be hard to keep in her grasp, if she wanted to keep it, she'd have to put all of her concentration into not letting it go.

Rin was caught up in the blast, her quick reaction was astounding, though, and with her strategic thinking in diverting the missiles it meant that Hiroko was left completely untouched. But she still wasn't skilled enough of a pilot to avoid all of the debris in her charge, a large chunk of armor connected hard to her helm, and for the moment she was incapacitated.

Kuriko had a feeling that those bright pulses of light meant that there would be more aether coming her way. "Someone take him out," Kuriko said through the comms as her gauss cannon swiveled into position and fired a three round burst at the armor while Kuriko yanked out the connectors for her aether rifle so that she could use her combined forearm shields to soak his next shots if he wasn't taken down.

Masako wouldn't be fazed mentally by her situation and would make use of the Mindy’s propulsion systems to apply gradual reverse thrust to stop her wild spiraling, keeping her grip on the blade. She'd twist around in a surprising show of acrobatic flexibility and land upside down on a bit of floating wreckage. The blonde would re-engage her stealth, blending in and looking like a part of the wreckage as she waited for an opportunity to pounce. She'd see the enemy armor getting a bead on Kuriko and launched from the point she was at with a leap and propelled herself toward the enemy at high speed. She drew her power-blade Dai-katana back to slash at their midsection from the side as if he were a tall baseball.

Hiroko paid attention to the battle again, her little chunk of space debris still moving in place... At which point she detected a moment to strike... and again holding the support, pushed her CFS up well past stealth limits, trying to send the debris hurtling at the missile-launching armor. She'd have to time the teleport precisely once she got closer... and she also kept her S-Rifle at ready.

Sakaki held her bruised arm for only a second and decided to move offensively, if not in a slower fashion than her close combat friend. She grabbed on to the starship hull and began her thrusters forward toward the enemy position, then turned them off and drifted like a piece of debris with gun in hand latched onto the ship hull. This way she wouldn't be noticed and could still react to enemy movements, even with her minor course adjustments made so not to crash into anything too big, forcing her off course.

After increasing his elevation in relation to the Yui enough to see the full scope of the hulk, Nicholas realized that the enemy probably wouldn’t emerge from its protective womb any time soon. “Kuriko-heisho,” he said, his voice sounding too calm for the situation, as if he were trying to make it sound that way. “Requesting your permission to enter the remains of that Yui,” he questioned, highlighting the specific hulk he was referring to as he already began to change his course towards it. The Geshrin Taii’s request stemmed not from an urge to chase down the enemy sniper, nor to get in the thick of the action, but because the maze that the destroyed ship’s interior undoubtedly contained would hopefully shield him from being targeted.

"Don't think for a second I didn't see you coming..." the voice from before came over open communications. The Mindy that had its arms locked with bright glowing aetheric energy trained on Kuriko turned an arm down to release one of the blasts towards Masako. The blast was sudden and less calculated but it would cause Masako to either take it and deliver her attack – or dodge and move to be able to join Kuriko. Ether way the pilot continued moving back towards the opening which appeared to be the bridge which had its front blown off.

"That's a good idea Saiga-taii. Everyone fall back into the Yui," Kuriko said as Sigmund marked it on everyone's HUD in case there were several Yui ships around. Kuriko initiated her teleport when she popped back into existence it was right behind the enemy pilot. Taking her aether rifle in one hand, Kuriko used the forearm projector in 'saber' mode on her free hand to stab into the back of the Gold wingman's armor.

"Heh, don't think for a moment I didn't anticipate for you to counter..." Masako taunted right back and activated her aether projector units in the forearms to produce a convex shaped shield in front of her to combine with her CFS to hopefully deflect the beam enough to miss totally or graze. It would help that she'd shift her trajectory enough to avoid it and caught up to the enemy and go for a cleaving attack from the right to downward left. "How about you dance with me big boy and leave her out of it. I'm a one guy woman," she teased.

Hiroko heard the orders and sighed. This was a poor hiding spot anyway. One last pulse from her CFS and she darted out forwards, towards the Yui. Her first action: try to scan for a weak point on the hull so she could carve it open with her saber-rifle. After all, why go through a hole that's already there? They'd expect that.

Sakaki continued to stay in her cover, if as a decision to cover her teammates as they made their way to the ship. She then darted toward Hiroko and followed her in seeing what Hiroko had planned.

“As you command, Kuriko-heisho,” Nicholas barked curtly over the squad communications channel. Immediately after getting the O.K. from Kuriko, the Taii directed his armor towards one of the many openings in the battered Yui’s hull. Had the ship been real, it would have been a crestfallen disgrace of its former majesty, torn asunder in one-thousand and one places. As he slipped inside, he would stow the long ranged rifle he’d been using in favor of the wieldier Accelerated Plasma Rifle.

The impact from the chunk of jagged armor sent Rin into a short spin, and after a few critical moments of slipping into unconsciousness, the jostled Nitô Hei managed to recover in time before crashing into a much large piece of debris. The shield system was still active and the missile threat was gone at least, and as her awareness returned she gripped the controls and used what cover she could find to shake off the last dizziness and ready the gauss cannons for an ambush. "Ugh... sloppy," mumbled Hoshitomo to no one in particular, glad that her friends were still in the fight.

Though Masako was well trained, she was still a newer more inexperienced pilot. Her defense was enough to save her from any of the blast, but her swing suffered, it wasn't as fast as she would have liked it. The enemy dodged by lunging a closed fist forward to where Kuriko was, except now he was punching for empty space as the Heisho and Sigmund were behind where he just was. This made a sudden grave situation for the Pride Wing members around him. Not only were Kuriko and Masako on a collision course, there was a large chunk of a ship coming towards them. They had a moment to think and act, it wasn't hard but the two had to decide where they'd be moving and fast.

When Nicholas entered into the hull, he seemed to come into a hall way leading to an engineering section of the ship and the other way was into the ship's carnivorous cargo bay. Hiroko soon made a hole farther down the same hall, only more towards the cargo bay and up some so she'd be entering on the corner of the upper half in the hallway.

Kuriko threw herself backwards as fast as Sigmund would allow. As she flew backwards toward the destroyed Yui, she fired a single calculated round from her gauss cannon at her target, keeping her hands ready to shield if the need arose. We need to regroup, less than half of their wing has all of ours scattering like lunatics, Kuriko thought.

Masako would grumble and shifted, turning on a dime away from Kuriko and opened fire with one of her aether projectors in sub-machine gun mode, peppering the Gold Wing member from behind. Using her fire control to keep her locked onto her target and the Mindy’s awesome agility to shift inertia, she changed direction quickly to avoid the debris. Her own gauss cannons fired along her projector's spray, trying to snipe the target by shooting into the possible evasion angles the best she could.

Hiroko smiled at making an entrance and looked for a junction in the hallway. Smirking, she left an NSD, setting it with her AIES to rotate at set intervals, and alert her when a non-Pride Wing power armor came within sensory range. Then, she wandered further down the hall and tried to find another thin bulkhead leading to another part of the ship, proceeding to cut through it again. At around this time, she noticed Sakaki behind her. "Ushimo-hei. Leave an NSD at the most common junctures to spy for the enemy, alright? I'm... taking the road less sane. Element of surprise." As she moved, Hiroko headed towards the upper hall corner, figuring that the cargo bay was too easy to observe, and she needed to drop spies in the harder-to-reach corridors.

Sakaki nodded in response saying, "Hai," and thrusted to the most common entry points and placed her NSD's at these locations. She then checked the Tsukihime[/i['s scan reports of the ships hull and looked for a way inside herself. It seems too quite since the last offensive, she thought.

Sakaki's AIES displayed that there were plenty of ways into the ship. The side they were entering was where the ship took most damage, so large sections of the interior towards the front of the ship were visible thanks to the pirate attack.

Nicholas moved down the corridor towards the nearby engineering bay, his Daisy’s shield in front of him and at the ready. He moved slowly and wearily, scanning the dimly lit, simulated ship around him; it was far less damaged on the inside than he’d expected from the battle scarring on the outer hull. Entering the engineering section, he walked straight into the room, forgetting to stick close to a wall as he came in. The Geshrin’s focus seemed to be prioritized on making sure nothing was in the center of the room before he examined the bulkheads and extremities.

The engineering bay was a mess, bodies and machines were everywhere. A few inactivate Mindys lined one wall, most of them covered in cloth to avoid moisture from seeping into the joints and various systems. But other than that, it was pretty empty.

Now fully battle-aware, Rin considered taking a potshot at the Gold Wing Mindy that was being engaged, but the debris projectile interfered with her aiming and she had to conserve ammo. Since she was sent a fair bit off course, she decided to emerge from the hiding place and skirt the edge of the Yui, looking for another less obvious way in that the battle's blast holes could have created. "Be careful to not be caught in an ambush in the ship. They are obviously trying to draw us in... I will find an alternate route and snuff out our other enemies," Rin broadcasted telepathically. Upon finding any alternate paths, she would deploy a group of 3 NSD's from the hangars to peer through the hole as she kept her Mindy's back to the unbreakable hull and began to charge up the forearm weapons for an opportunistic beam shot.

Masako and Kuriko's combined fire connected against the Gold Wing armor's forearm shields, except for some of Masako's spray which connected against his upper legs and one even grazed his right toe. The damage was obvious on his armor, but he wasn't done just yet. As he continued backpedaling farther into the debris field and farther away from the downed Yui[/i[, he released his next swarm of missiles. This time they were mini-missiles fired in a full 20 volley from his lower leg hangars. These Multi-purpose Shield and Armor Piercing ordnances were designed to take out small hard and soft targets at close range. It was looking like desperation for the pilot though, at this point his forearm capacitors were nearing overload.

Masako would release her countermeasure drones to shoot down the missiles and fired her countermeasure missiles from her thighs once more and strafed to protect Kuriko, pulling up her sword to use as a shield by hiding behind its width. Her projectors would activate and sheathe the weapon itself in the protective energy as her gauss cannons swiveled to take a couple more shots at the pilot.

Kuriko's NSDs launched as well, attempting to assist Masako's drones in stopping some of the missile barrage from getting to the pair. Kuriko bobbed above Masako's head and fired her forearm cannons at the enemy pilot before dropping back into cover. "Careful Masako-san," Kuriko said telepathically to the Hei.

As she cut straight through a few hall junctures, Hiroko began to get annoyed. As unwilling as she was to move without advantage, this was getting her nowhere. She needed to clear this ship, not run through the halls. Turning around, she remembered she had been near the cargo bay before. So now, on a higher deck... she should be near the bridge! Reading the S-Rifle in blade mode again, Hiroko stabbed it into a bulkhead of the bridge, and as she began to cut, she called back to Sakaki. "Get ready, this one might get hot." For her part, Hiroko was going to use a CFS burst to dash to the side once the hole was cut. Maybe stab an enemy if they came out.

Hiroko would enter an empty bridge, only corpses were left after the devastating attack on the ship Brave young men and women, Neko and Yamataian alike, were floating in the area, most killed by the depressurization of the ship. It was a horrible sight indeed, but it was sight without enemies.

Sakaki had her last drone left to herself as she placed the second to last NSD she had. Hearing Hiroko, she turned and thrusted quickly to her position and waited for her to finish and covered the rear as she followed in. She had her drone scout the closest exit as she pushed her way through the simulated corpses.

Finding the engineering bay empty, Nicholas would lower his shield and let the weapon he was holding fall to his side. He sauntered around for a few moments through the bodies and debris, looking over the different consoles and control panels in the chamber, eventually finding himself in front of the Mindys. It was somewhat eerie, the line of suits draped with the protective fabric, their features muted under the thin layer that covered them. Stepping up to the row of armor, he removed the cloth from one of them, inquisitively examining the suits that were part of the simulated environment that he and the others were in. As his face came close with the Mindy’s, he tapped its visage, in awe at the detail that the training program was able to reproduce.

"Scared...?" a very familiar voice asked Nicholas, with a husky tone interlaced in quiet whisper on a closed circuit communication to the Geshrin. It was obvious that the playful voice was Shizuka's, but the way she talked sounded like she was a whole different person, which she could very well be when she was excited – rather... in combat.

When Nicholas heard the Shosa’s voice, he spun on a heel as he made a step backwards in terror, crashing into the inactive Mindy he had been analyzing a moment before and then down onto the deck. His heart raced as he desperately searched for the source of the voice, even though he knew in his subconscious that it was over the communications line in his helmet. The Taii propped himself up onto his elbow in an upright sitting position, sweeping his plasma rifle up and towards the middle of the room as an afterthought. “S-s-s-shizuka?” he howled over the communications link that his suit’s system had open, unaware if the Neko captain or Pride Wing would hear his words.

"Meerroow~!" is all he'd hear in return from the Lioness, and with his back to the units on the wall, there was no way Nicholas could see the very same unit he was leaning against shift silently over his neck with forearms pointed down and inwards. He was taken out in a bright white flash of her igniting aether blade. That moment of the Shosa's pounce was transmitted to Rin via one of her NSDs in the corner of her HUD. She was a short distance from the situation, and it seemed the Gold Wing was smart enough to pick a spot on the ship where they'd have no holes to blast in from the outside. If she wanted a shot at the Shosa, Rin would have to carve her way in.

Seeing the flash of aether and Nick's Daisy go offline, it was obvious that what Rin had feared had come to pass. The Shosa had laid a trap for him, and the Lioness in her den was certainly a fearsome opponent to face for anyone. She did not envy him, but this was a battle, and she had her target. "Saiga-taii... damn it!" bellowed the Yamataian telepathically over the comms before cooling down more to her official voice. "Hostile detected in engineering section... moving to engage." Whether or not Kuriko authorized it, she used the built up charge in her forearm weapons to shift the swords into cutting mode and turned the hole into one wide enough to fit into for her Mindy. But she would not blindly charge in, rather making a jagged movement and finding cover immediately in what was presumably engineering – a careful eye watching the remaining power in her Barrier Shield Module. She was definitely going to put it to the test soon enough.

Masako's countermeasure missiles took care of most off the Death Blossom-configured volley, one stray missile collided into Masako's sword and another against her shields, reducing her to a 2% capacity remaining. Her fire, though, was dodged skillfully, but a lucky hit from Kuriko blew the enemy’s shields on his right arm and seemed to do a fair amount of damage to that same arm. At this point, a sudden warning came up from their AIES, a high speed moving armor was coming their way, and before they knew it; a Mindy armed with a Sylph wing pack zipped by giving cover fire to the Death Blossom unit. It wasn't very strong, but there was a sudden eight point attack raining down on the two.

"We need to pull back. We have to control the situation," Kuriko said to Masako as she started to fly backwards toward the bridge while firing on the Death Blossom configured armor. "Into the bridge, he can't use his higher speed too much there. Confine him to close quarters!" Kuriko said.

Rin had a few minutes of video feed as she saw another one of the units lined on the wall step out and tear off its cloth cloak; it was the sniper from before. Shizuka and the other unit disengaged some sort of visual hologram and their station markers were restored from the generic blue ones they were disguised as. Shizuka's machine turned its head and looked directly at the drone, firing off a casual shot to disable it.

"Understood," Masako said, annoyed – her tone saying she wanted to fight them both right there and then. So instead of that, she would try something new and charge the projector's energy down the sword combining it with the power-blade attachment. She'd take a wide sweep of the blade, firing a crescent shaped blade of aethetic energy at both of them, aiming to just distract them as they pulled back. Without seeing if it did anything useful she'd retreat with Kuriko into the bridge of the ship and would put the weapon away as its reach didn't help in here. "Let's head to engineering and help Rin if she's in trouble, if those two want us they'll have to come in here where they're at a disadvantage," she suggested.

Hiroko heard the alert about the hostiles in engineering and grinned. Widely. She then opened comms to all of Pride Wing, while simultaneously checking her AIES for their positions. "Pride Wing, please leave any area between the bridge and engineering now. Take a side corridor, duck into a toilet, I don't care. I repeat, evac the line between bridge and engineering now. You have 30 seconds." And she timed it. Oh, she timed it. Then... assuming all the friendlies were out of the way, she reckoned three paths - each an arc wide enough to sweep a section of Engineering... And then raised the S-Rifle, firing a beam of killing aether straight into engineering, through the walls, sweeping left to right for 3 seconds. Then she raised it higher to get further back on the ship, and did it again, left to right. From there, she had 15 seconds of powerlessness. Hiroko backed off, warning Sakaki again. "My Saber-Rifle's drained from that. Cover me if they come."

Sakaki positioned herself to the roof and looked down the corridor upside down; she had her left arm up in defense while her right arm held the saber rifle in front. She waited for an enemy response or her NSD to pick up anything for her to shoot.

Rin's drone scouts uploaded the position to the rest of her wing of the now two hostiles before it was spotted, but it gave her teammates actionable information, so it was well worth it. Of course the fact that its final moments of video picked out the telltale red lion insignia of the Shosa herself made Hoshitomo-hei's heart beat fast. So she personally executed the Taii after all? There wasn't much time to think as Hiroko's focused fire announcement went out as well, and the Nitô Hei spurred her power armor into motion. Following the corridors to the drone's last known position, she ducked and weaved between bulkheads, trying to remain undetected for a moment long and get into position. When an opening into the occupied room presented itself, she saw the remnants of Saiga's defeated Daisy and the hand that had been on the trigger of her LASR-SLAG reached for the shrapnel grenade that was loaded and fired without hesitating upon the pair of Gold Wing, trying to pin them down for the inevitable energy rake that was coming.

The ship tearing blast would have done considerable amount of damage to anything in that engineering bay, then the grenade would have been a wonderful finish. But there was one last trick left for the units inside the ship, both who were in the standard configuration had one unit that everyone had been taking advantage of plenty in this battle; Ke-M2-P3000. That would be the immensely useful teleportation unit, which both of the Gold Wing members had used only moments after spotting the scout drone. With the Pride Wing inside, the full plan of the Shosa's came into full effect, the ship immediately detonated its core and ordnances all throughout the ship, it became a death trap imploding and then erupting in a brilliant explosion

Caught in engineering, the ground zero of the core breach, Hoshitomo-hei did not stand a chance. As the explosion engulfed her Mindy, the CFS boosting shield unit gave her a few more seconds than most to ponder the much more grandiose bait they had all taken... Saiga was not the prey after all, it was the whole team. A simple yet effective ploy, using the ship itself as a weapon. "...So it was a trap... after all," commented the soldier dryly over the disintegrating commlink as the unit finally buckled and the darkness enveloped her... some nice text greeted her on the other side, however, reminding Rin that this was after all just a game.

The simulation was now over; the statistics for each pilot displayed on their personal POD screens and offered an option to save the records to a personal file. Of course this was all already sent to the administration, for official use.

Nicholas had reviewed his statistics after he’d been eliminated, saving the records, but for a reason other than later review. He’d still not put his uniform back on, refusing to do so until he was able to go back to his quarters to wash the hemosynthetic slime left on him from the simulator’s core. Instead, he’d wrapped a towel around his waist and waited for the simulation to end, and as a consequence gave the present crewmembers a rare glance at the tattoo that covered his right arm. He would watch what happened after he’d “died” on the view screens in the nearby operations room until the simulation ended, at which time he went and waited in the simulation bay for the participants to exit their pods.

Reviewing her statistics with a sigh, Hiroko just... looked away, talking to herself as she removed the suit, just... standing near it. "I tried. Lesson though there might have been... that was uncompromisingly dirty. War isn't clean. But... Hrrrrg." Eventually it occurred to her that yes, she was still naked, and with a blush - rare on the indigo-haired Yamataian – she got her workout uniform in order and on her body again...

Kuriko sat in the simulator in a mild state of confusion. What just happened? the Neko wondered. She reviewed the last few seconds of the fight, and it donned on her. "The ship just blew up," the Neko muttered into the simulation pod. Kuriko didn't move for a little bit. Well, I guess it's only fitting, Kuriko thought as she remembered her first mission. It felt like an eternity had passed since that time, so much had changed and it had changed quickly. Kuriko couldn't help but find similarities between herself and the Maya from the first experience. I've changed... maybe that's what puts Maya off so much, Kuriko thought before sliding out of the armor. After Kuriko slid out of the armor, she noticed Hiroko. "Sumimasen, Ishida-hei," Kuriko said apologetically. "I should have expected something like this. All of the signs were there, and it's something I've experienced before," Kuriko said before turning and apologizing to Masako as well.

The simulation was over but Masako didn't feel any better about it, in fact she was disappointed in the leadership of the wing itself. She'd mentally withdraw herself from the simulation before the actual force hit her. She wasn't going to stay and feel that doomed feeling, it'd have been more for her if she'd just stayed out of the ship. "Stupid stats," the blonde hissed irately and deleted them or what she could and got out of the suit and got her exercise clothing back on and punched the wall in annoyance as hard as she could. "I was stupid to go for a melee layout, should've stuck to range," Masako scolded herself harshly. "No more flirting with creativity from now on, go with what's standard..." she growled and exited the pod.

Hiroko turned her head, and sighed again. "And I assumed it all. I thought it was a derelict; no way they'd have the time to rig it that thoroughly. The thought actually didn't even come to mind. If it had I may have just advised destroying the damn thing entirely." She was... not pleased at failing like that, especially without anyone to really fall back on after... Or so she though.

"Tch save it," Masako said. "It was a trap and we were stupid enough to fall for it," she said. "It's like chess; the Shosa just played her pawns better," Masako said, still looking angry. "I was stupid for going melee when it didn't do a damn bit of good."

Hiroko turned back to Masako, not in the mood herself. "You're almost as bad as Shin. Bother someone else."

Rin remained in the simulation pod a while longer with it half open, her teal-haired head sinking as she almost robotically saved the information at the prompt. Arising up out of it, it was obvious the woman was trying to stomach one of the worst things there is in her careerist mindset – a loss. Making excuses that it was to the Shosa and not the enemy, still it was not a happy feeling and the briefly unclothed soldier seemed all at once angry and vulnerable as she reached for her bodysuit. The was a glance towards Kuriko, her strong blue eyes trying to hold back the fact she wanted to blame the Heisho in part... but it was also her own fault for not seeing every angle.

"Shifuda-heisho... none of us saw it coming," began Rin to Kuriko telepathically as she started to get dressed, trying not to stare a hole into her wing commander and shift the focus elsewhere for the time being. "But please, make sure to learn from your past mistakes. We will not get a second chance in the real world to do things right."

The door splitting the sections opened up and out came the Shosa and the rest of the Gold Wing's 01 team, which assisted with the operation followed in behind. Shizuka stood firmly, a serious look on her face as she crossed her arms in behind and cleared her throat, the three gold wing members fell into rank in behind her with, not smirks, but very clearly official expressions.

Nicholas was about to say something to Pride Wing about their performance and bickering, even though he didn’t feel much more proud about the situation as they did, when Shizuka entered the room. Instead of speaking, be bowed to his Shosa, less deeply than he usually would. The agitated expression he wore made it obvious he felt the frustration that he’d promised Shizuka.

Masako looked at Hiroko and got right in her face, glowering at her. "Don't compare me to that little boy. I did my best, he doesn't even try," she said, her blue eyes seeming to be flaming at the comment. She shook her head and backed off and brushed her hair out of her face. "It's my fault, your fault, everyone's fault that we simply chased the enemy around without thinking to see what they were pushing us into," Masako said then grinned. "It's something valuable to remember for the next time, if something seems too easy it's probably a trap." When Shizuka showed up behind them she turned to them and bowed her head, remembering her respect. "Nicely played Shosa."

Hiroko just stood there for a moment, and turned so that she'd at least face Shizuka in some respectful manner, but... nobody else really. She knew she fell for this, but getting all that anger thrown at herself for it, for simply not wanting to hear... that anger? It... it reminded her of the shame for falling for that mistake, for believing that strategists were just looking for shadows that weren't even there – that if one were always seeing tricks eventually simplicity would defeat them.

Kuriko didn't appreciate how Hiroko talked about Shin but couldn't find words to express it without sounding confrontational. Luckily, Shizuka entered and took away her opportunity to do so in public. This needs...a softer touch, Kuriko thought as she remembered what Rin had said happened on deck 28. Kuriko listened to Rin's words silently and sent an acknowledgement in return. When Shizuka had arrived with such a serious demeanor Kuriko realized that had this not been a sim she would have just led her wing to their deaths. The Heisho couldn't bring herself to meet her commanding officers eyes.

Rin bit her virtual lip and ended the digital message there, bowing deeply to the Shosa as she entered. Her displeasure at defeat was duly hidden to the best of her ability, locked into a little box to be dealt with at the proper time. There were now the results of the failure to deal with and accept them as gracefully as possible before the YSS Senbu's leader, as the soldier tried to assemble all the remaining Pride Wingmen into a loose formation.

After what felt like an eternity, Kuriko managed to gather enough courage to bow to Shizuka. "Sumimasen, Shosa," the Neko’s voice was quiet. It was obvious that she was disappointed as well as embarrassed, and it wasn't because she was still nude.

Shizuka didn’t bother with individuals; she even saved her glance from the Taii. "I am not here to scold you of the results of the mission, you are all on this wing because I trust you are reasonable to function as a team and as individuals I know you can take this experience and learn from it. This was an exercise; I don't want any of this spilling into the rest of your lives. You are to take any emotion here and use it in furthering your skills. Your enemy in the future will be just as ruthless. I made a point of it to use the tactics we have known them to use, I expect you to be prepared for the next time," Shizuka then allowed the rest of her breath to escape her in a sigh, and then glanced back at them with a small smile and a relaxed posture.

"I hope you all understand that I didn't hold back because I want you ready and weary, not riding on a fake wave of morale with massive egos to lead you headlong into any more traps. I would hate to see you all die in real combat, just as much as I'd be pained to see anyone else under my command be put to a needless death," Shizuka smiled; again there was that motherly smile that showed that everything was going to be okay, the one that you couldn't really hate her for because it was caring and compassionate and said that everything would be okay.

Despite the caring tone the Lioness used, Rin's expression stayed serious – she would indeed have to learn and grow from this experience. There was no need for the commander to charge her with such a mission, for she would always be a harsher critic of her own performance than any superior could ever be. "Hai... Endo-shosa," replied the young woman simply to Shizuka, as she straightened back up. "Thank you." There was really no reason to say more than that, a simple gratitude for a mother's first harsh lesson to her cubs.

"Well that was fun," Masako quipped. "Then again, I'd rather hug a big old cactus before I make that mistake again," she said. "It's astounding how different spatial combat is compared to planetary. Thanks for the harsh lesson in humility," Masako said with a helpless rub of the back of her head. I need a drink...

Hiroko shook her head slowly. "Enh... It was a lesson. I need to control my pride."

“Thank you for your compassion and ability to instruct us, Endo-shosa,” Nicholas recited in the same overly-official tone he’d used throughout the beginning of his tenure on the Senbu. The Geshrin Taii was embarrassed, as he knew that he’d be, and although he knew that he could have simply chosen to not participate in the exercise, he couldn’t help but feel that some of the blame for his shame rested with Shizuka. “Is there anything else you need of us, Shosa?”

"No, that'll be all. You’re all free to leave," she paused and then turned to look directly with rather-not-impressed eyes at Nick. "All except you, Taii. I need to see you over in the other section to go over the battle in more detail," Shizuka said as she moved aside and gestured towards the door with an upturned hand.

Rin did not immediately leave when dismissed, glancing once towards Saiga-taii and remembering what she had seen of the engineering section before the implosion. What exactly happened? Still, thinking about it a small glimmer of that pride that the Shosa sought to temper welled up when Rin realized who she almost faced in combat. The thought of testing oneself against the leader of the Senbu seemed an honor. Maybe one day. Still, there was a strongly encrypted text that hit the Shosa's mental inbox quietly before Hoshitomo-hei broke formation. "Shizuka-san... perhaps it will be another lesson where I can see your strength for myself."

At which point Hiroko walked off, though only to another point on the training deck, where she lingered for a second in a reverie. Ushimo-hei usually stayed with her in battle, and Kuriko, out of it. But yet... she didn't feel like she knew them that well. Even more so, she didn't know where to start. For a unit built on camaraderie she needed to work on it so much... there was hardly any cohesion at all!

Masako would just whistle idly like it didn't even bother her, having gotten her anger out earlier and glanced over at Hiroko and caught up with her in short order. "Hey Hiroko was it? Uh... I'm sorry for what I said..." she apologized. "I shouldn't have gotten in your face like that. Care to get a drink with me to make up for it?" she asked in the friendliest tone she could manage.

Hiroko paused for a second... "I d-... a drink is as good as anything I suppose. I'm sorry for comparing you to Nekki-hei, too. I was... not ready for that reaction." At which point she nodded, and gestured to the door. "Shall we?"

Masako tilted her head and smiled at Hiroko softly, noting her reaction. "Speaking of which, can you imagine what that little poser would've done had he been there?" she giggled. "Ten KS says he'd have been the first taken out," she chortled a bit as they headed for the door.

"Shifuda-heisho, how about we start a new Senbu tradition?" the twenty-something sandy blonde haired Yamataian Nitô Heisho said as he walked over to pace beside the Pride Wing leader. "The winners buy drinks, you sound for that?" he asked with a dashing rogue's smile on his pearly whites.

Kuriko stood silently. The defeat weighed heavily on her mind, not so much the fact that she lost, but as Shizuka had said: these were tactics that the enemy used. Kuriko knew this tactic, she had encountered it before. Had she thought about the situation at all, she would have realized it. Instead, though, she lead her team into that very same trap that Maya had flown into. For Kuriko, it was more than just a simulation designed to instruct her of the enemy’s tactics, it was a reaffirmation of her role as the leader of Pride Wing. More than just that though, it was a reminder of just who was responsible for making sure that they lived, a thought that scared the Neko. It's in my production line, the Neko assured herself with the very words that Nicholas had spoken to her at a dinner meeting that felt like it was months ago. In my production mo- Kuriko looked up at the Nitô Heisho with a surprised look on her face. "If you want to," Kuriko replied unsteadily, taken off guard by the sudden change in thought that she had just made. Kuriko sent a message out to all the members of the Pride Wing that had participated, extending the invitation to them as well. "Isn't it usually the losers that buy the drink though?" Kuriko asked as she uncomfortably realized she was still nude.

"Which is why it's a new tradition, besides it looks like your glum faces could use a little pampering," the other Heisho said as he pulled off his large coat and put it around Kuriko. "It'll cover your important bits; it's big on me ya’ see," he said in a whisper, as he then looked back to the remainder of his wing. "Let's go, these guys need a party!" he said with a big smile, to which the others came along and mixed in with the Pride Wing. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Nitô Heisho Aisano Hideki. But people call me Jack, it's a little nick name I picked up with the Wing. I was the sniper out there."

Jack. Kuriko memorized his name, but when she thought of his face, she could only see an aether beam hitting Mizu's Mindy and destroying it. "Arigatou," Kuriko said before clutching the coat together and introducing herself, "Ittô Heisho Shifuda Kuriko. Pleasure to meet you Jack." There was the aether again. Some part of Kuriko already started analyzing herself, deciding that she had issues letting go and would need to eventually forgive the Yamataian. For now, that half won out.

The other two in the Gold Wing consisted of a younger Yamataian male with bright red short and spiky hair, and then there was the quiet calm Neko with a multiblued sleek bob cut, her bangs fashioned over one icy blue eye.

Thus, while many talked... Hiroko decided to join Masako and the others to heading towards... towards... wherever it was you got a drink? The mess deck she supposed? She... what she had tried to say was that she normally didn't drink! But... Well, for the sake of social life...

Masako would end up going with the other group down to the lounge where they could get something alcoholic. Of course she'd get something that didn't fit that persuasion and made small chat with Hiroko as they headed for the lounge. The blonde looked over at the group that was accompanying Kuriko and grinned for a moment. "Looks like you got yourself a suitor or at least a one night stand," she telepathically teased Kuriko gently.

Rin did not linger, not expecting a reply from the Shosa to the statement. It however did cheer her up and remind her of her strengths and victories and the burden of the failure finally began to ease as she walked over to join Kuriko and the Gold Wing. She gave a curt little nod to all three of the opponents, respecting their strengths and sizing them up in a way with her cool gaze. She obviously harbored no ill will from the previous skirmish, as the game was over and the real world was something entirely different than the battlefield.

Nicholas didn’t say anything back to Shizuka for few moments, taking time to consider her serious demeanor, and more importantly the fact that he felt so awkward having to stay without his uniform for an extended amount of time, especially because he had no intention of wearing it while the hemosynthetic filth still stuck to his skin. “Yes, Endo-shosa,” he said after a time. Her personality during the battle had been ruthless, and he expected the same from her in the near future, but the Geshrin could tell that even now, she wasn’t the same as she had been during the simulation.

Or so the Geshrin would assume, until all was revealed as when the door closed in behind the Lioness her professional composure faded and that wicked grin that was on her face when she was watching and waiting to pounce him in the simulation curved deviously on her cute lips. She stood a moment leaning her body against the door, both hands flat against the surface as she looked him up and down with a lascivious gaze. Then, after bunching herself up for yet another leap, she pounced on him. Furiously she kissed him, not allowing words to escape or breaths for that matter as she shared with him her furious passion which was ignited in battle.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back