• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 26 - Meanwhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: Aries Station

On Shizuka's way back from her overview of the repairs on her ship, as well as taking a few moments to put back on her well... for the lack of a better word, vanity-ies? Anyway, to say the least, the Taisa was better equipped for the rest of the day. On her way back, she spotted the woman leaving the office with a rather sour expression, which evoked the precocity of the Lioness. The white-paneled officer, who was actually quite short for her daunting stature, approached the taller Santô Hei. "I hear that, the Senbu officer in there's a hard ass, he didn't give you any trouble did he?" the superior officer asked Haruka, acting for the time being as if she wasn't the actual CO herself. No markings gave her away on her uniform, the only thing that could have, as if the Hei knew the CO.

"No. Couldn't say that he did," Haruka answered, distracted by her own thoughts. Haruka looked down at the shorter woman, coming out of her distraction long enough to remember there existed a world around her. "Oh, hey. Name's Haruka, you?"

The lithe little Neko crossed her arms and glanced over the woman curiously, staring at her like she was appraising a piece of meat. Then the odd, messy-haired Taisa stepped forward and patted Haruka's stomach with the back of her hand. With a toothy grin following the strange action, the tan skinned officer nodded, happily at the results. "You’re very healthy, Haruka-kun," noted the woman as she stepped back and offer a bow of her head. "I'm Taisa Endo Shizuka, your future Captain and surrogate mother." Shizuka meant the last bit more as a jest, as she laughed a little at her own comment.

Haruka frowned at the unknown woman patting her on the stomach of all places and readied a retort of outrage at the act. It, however, formed and died on her lips when she figured out who this person was. Haruka probably broke a few speed records with how quickly she bowed. "I'm sorry for not recognizing you earlier, Taisa! It is an honor to meet you. Please excuse how I spoke to you earlier."

Shizuka chuckled at the girl, knowing exactly that she'd get this sort of reaction. "Don't worry yourself Haruka-kun, this isn't quite a formal meeting, so there's no reason to be formal," the rather relaxed commander said with that very same smile still on her cute lion-like features. "It's a pleasure to meet you too; I hope the meeting went well." She curiously watched the Hei's body language, reading deeply into her answer. As this way, she could measure up the new pilot's position and what her XO decided on, and why.

"It went..." Haruka fumbled with the words a moment; it was pretty easy to read her–she had no clue, or inclination, to hide how she was. Watching her, anyone could tell she was as taut as a wire, ready to act, but not quite sure what she wants to do with the energy. She sighed, coming to conclusion quickly, "It went okay, I guess, Taisa. Not what I expected but... okay."

The lioness Taisa raised a brow, crossing her arms as she looked concerned at Haruka's dismay. "Explain Haruka-san, what do you mean; not what you expected?" Shizuka asked, wondering how she could make things easier for her new crewmember.

"Well, I don't want to complain..." Haruka started, but she knew she was complaining. And damn it, she wanted to complain. But not to a Taisa. And not on her first day. Not obviously, anyway. "...But I didn't see myself becoming assigned as a...well, auxiliary. Not to question your second in command's opinions or anything, Taisa."

Shizuka glanced the woman over once again, exhaling a puff of air as she thought about the situation with more weight. "Well, the only reason I could see this possibly happening is how you would have answered my question.," Shizuka put emphasis on the last bit, making it known that the decision about a close ally's fate was actually her own. "I'm presuming that you told him that you would have chosen the completion of the mission?" the Taisa asked, glancing up into the Hei's eyes intently.

"Yes, Taisa." Haruka admitted heavily, confirming her superior’s guess at her answer. "That was the choice I had decided on."

Shizuka gestured with an upturned hand for the new Senbu crew member to join her for a walk. "Haruka-san, I am very impressed with your honesty. It's not very often people answer that question with the truth, but yet instead with a fitting answer they think would get them the position. Even some officers I have interviewed in the past have given me the answer they thought I'd like to hear."

The war-wise Taisa talked as a teacher would speak to a pupil as they walked in the area, leading the Hei with a leisurely pace. "Haruka-san, I’m going to tell you something you’d never hear from any other commander in the Star Army, but it is how I run my ship and one day how I will lead my fleet," the Lioness mentioned as she spoke firmly, but with an intimate feeling to her speech. "Any objective can be returned to, any ground lost can be recovered. But to lose a life without chance to return is a fate of oblivion. Soldiers are valuable, equipment is replaceable. If you want to be on my lead wing, you’ll have to be able to show me that you’d fight tooth and claw to support your squad mates. At the end of the day it’s not the kill count that’s astounding; it’s a one-hundred percent survival rate. Do you understand?" At this point, at the end of her speech, the Taisa paused to face the enlisted member of her crew.

Haruka fell into step with the Taisa, listening intently. At the end, she made a thoughtful expression on her face as she sorted through what she had just been told. "I... think I understand, Taisa. Completing the objective is important, but so is everyone coming back home–maybe even more so than the first."

Shizuka nodded happily with Haruka's answer. "Good, if you understand that then you are a step closer to a longer carrier. You save your allies and they will save you." The Taisa added the last bit as she then gestured for Haruka to continue on her way. "I'll see about moving you onto the main group, but it'll be so I can find out what you’re truly made of. For now, I suggest moving your gear into your new quarters and await your next orders. Take care Haruka-san." With a small bow of her head, the Lionesque Captain then turned back towards the office.

"Yes, Taisa! Thank you." Haruka bowed deeply, genuinely relieved at having been given a second chance. Having secured her second chance, she bolted off to begin moving her things to her quarters.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back