• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 35 - The new blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: YSS Senbu Deck 28 - Training Bay

Day two for the vacation aboard the Senbu was slowly winding down. All the work done with the ship was starting to show the fruition of the dedication put into it by the army of engineers that the ship had dedicated to it. Her body was now bearing a new insignia amongst the rest of the icons of the empire; a red lion's head was brandished on the side of the vessel for all to see. Inside the glorious Anri, as always, the crew was still busy with a flurry of activity.

Jôtô Heisho Ueda Chikako would be receiving a quick order handed down from one of the senior officers standing in for the COs at this time. She was to meet with the other new member of the Pride Wing and commence a physical training regiment, as well as meet with the new pilot and get acquainted.

Chikako arrived at the gym on Deck 28 sometime before the recruit, and now in the gym, had begun a series of short exercises to warm up. Neko bodies were not as prone to cramping up or injury as those of humans, but it was something that she observed as being good, even if the health benefits themselves were lessened for her. At the very least, it would put her in the right mindset by the time the recruit arrived.

The estranged challenger of authority, Chime, opened the door to the Gym with a flourish. She entered and shot a glance at Chikako while making her way toward the mats for some stretches before she began her training regimen.

Chikako allowed herself a faint smile as the Santô Hei entered and followed her lead. It was a good first sign that the girl was showing some initiative, so the Heisho decided she should probably start the formal exercises. "Alright, you can stop for now. I'm Jôtô Heisho Ueda Chikako, but since this isn't going to be very formal, please address me by name only."

After a short round of boozing it up with Rina, Suzaku would make his way to his quarters to change into something more fitting for exercise, and would head up to Deck 28 wearing a pair of long pants with gravitic weights around the shins and a black sleeveless shirt with a dark blue headband. He never really liked the standard issue exercise outfit as it wasn't really his style, and it was his own choice wasn't it? He'd get onto the appropriate deck and would head for the gym itself to get some warm-up in.

Chime stood up and smiled warmly at the ranking officer. She tipped her head and bowed slightly, in the Western style, and stretched out her hand. "My name is Rei Fang-Liang. But everyone calls me Chime. Nice to meet you, Ueda-san."

"Arigatou gozaimasu, the feeling is mutual." Chikako nodded with a tiny grin, taking a quick peak at the new person from the corner of her eye. There weren't any orders against letting new people join in the exercises, so she wasn't all that opposed to Suzaku's arrival. "As part of your familiarization with the crew I have been instructed to carry out a short series of exercises with you. Though... to be honest, I've only been recently transferred to this ship, so I only know a few faces."
Chime nodded. "It's quite alright. I've met a few of the engineers already." She stretched her arms above her head and tapped her foot on the ground. "So. What will you have me do, Ueda-san? I am prepared for anything."

Suzaku would notice the two new faces and gave them both a greeting wave and would get to a bit of room from them and began to go through a slow, methodical series of exercises to warm up his muscles, his arms bulging a bit as he did, purposefully going slow to get the most out of the motions, he kept going.

Chikako gave Suzaku a small nod before continuing. "I'd like us to begin with some light acrobatics and some hand-to-hand exercises, just so I know where you are. I had the Senbu set up a small obstacle course with some moving and static objects."

Chime grinned. "Alright. So you just want me to get through the obstacle course then?"

Suzaku would continue what he was doing and pressed into slow-motion, savate-style motions. Starting with the punches in order from direct bras avant to the simplistic uppercut in the same speed, building muscle memory of the motion itself to build up to an almost subconscious level. He heard what they were talking about as he worked on the style, exercising a great amount of muscular control as he did, glancing back with those light grey eyes. "Hm, an obstacle course eh? Sounds like it could be amusing."

"That is correct, Chime-chan." Chikako nodded. "They're fairly standard, even for a recruit, and it will be a good way for me to judge how much control over your own body you have."

The initial part of the course seemed simple enough, being comprised of a long cord dangling above a triangular prism-shaped plastic barrier with clear plastic walls on both sides of the section. There was no hint of any places to grab onto except for the rope, and the plastic was too smooth to be climbed by hand. Luckily, the floor was covered with a thin blue mat for safety purposes.

Chime took a running start and jumped into the air. She used her built-in gravity repulsion system to lower her weight to the point where she could literally walk across the cord. She seemed to balance perfectly as if she had practiced many times before. Chime reached the end of the cord with no visible difficulty.

Chime leapt off of the front of the cord and landed on the plastic, prism-shaped barrier with a roll. In front of her she found a wall with a rope leading up and over it. The wall was perfectly upright. With a running start carried by the momentum of her roll, Chime ran up the wall and did a foot spring to grab the top. She hoisted herself up and over and slid down the slanted ramp attached to the back. She jumped off, crossing a six foot gap and landed on a platform opposite the ramp. She continued running forward, speed vaulted a few rectangular obstacles and slid underneath the last one, which was a mid-hanging cylinder, like a pipe. Finally, she jumped off the edge of the platform and landed at the end of the obstacle course with a roll.

Chime stood up and turned around. Throughout the entire exercise, she had remained utterly stoic. That same warm smile came over her face as she approached the officer from the other side of the obstacle course. At this point, it was debatable whether or not that smile was real. "I have finished, ma'am."

"Very nice. Your style is efficient, but I would not have bothered wall-running." Chikako said delightedly, returning the smile. "It might look nice, but you could have levitated much more quickly."

Suzaku had stopped his exercise and turned to watch Chime take on the obstacle course, his eyes studying her movements and the course itself, a light grin playing at the corner of his lips. "She's certainly got the acrobatic part of it down, but it doesn't seem like she really enjoys the challenge of it," he said quietly so that only Chikako would hear him as he stood behind her, watching. When Chime finished, he watched her expression, raising a brow as she seemed to smile again but it didn't seem real. "That was very smooth of you," the dark-skinned technician said.

Chime nodded, still smiling. "Thank you, ma'am. I will remember that in the future. And thank you to you to, mister...?"

"Mmm... regardless of that, her movements indicate that she has trained this skill of her own volition. Kind of breaks your observation... doesn't it?" Chikako messaged Suzaku telepathically as she turned around. "Yes, I do remember seeing you in the Mess Hall... but I never caught your name."

"Hehe, you forgot already? Man, am I just that unmemorable?" Suzaku laughed a bit. "Suzaku. Katsuragi Suzaku," he re-introduced himself to Chime and glanced to Chikako. "It does, but it happens like that doesn't it?" he responded to her in kind as his introduction carried to her as well.

Chime faked hitting herself in the head. "Ah, yes. Katsuragi-san. I apologize; my memory is a bit shaky when it comes to names."

"Nah, you can just call me Suzaku," the dark-hued Nitô Hei said with a shrug. "And no apology needed, we're both new here so it's to be expected. Besides, how can anyone do anything except forgive such a lovely young lady?" he grinned at her smoothly.

"I never heard your name, Suzaku-san, but vaguely remember you hitting on a crewmate... to her dismay." Chikako chuckled, placing her hands on her hips. The Neko was dressed in her standard exercise uniform, her long hair tied back into a bun so that she wouldn't get into any uncomfortable situations. "How did that work out for you?"

Chime tipped her head forward in a Western-style acknowledgement. "Thank you for the compliment, Suzaku. Is this all for the exercises then, Ueda-san?"

"Not well at all," Suzaku chuckled to Chikako, taking no offense at all to her words. "It's Katsuragi. Why? You plan to call me out by that every time you see me?" he teased her with a quirk of the brow. "You look like the type who would, just to antagonize me."

"Your only antagonist at this moment is yourself, Suzaku-san. Oh well... sometimes you just have to try a different approach when the obvious one fails. Otherwise, you will remain your own enemy," Chikako said plainly, wondering if this person was as bad at wooing as she thought he was. She turned back to reply to Chime. "Eh... I was considering having a sparring match to test your combat reflexes, but my style lends itself poorly to practice with any virtuous fighter. However... I think I may have a more suitable partner for you..."

Chime nodded and happily accepted the offer. "Absolutely. Who will be my opponent? I'm ready."

Suzaku just rolled his eyes and shrugged off the words, but still took them to memory to reflect on them later. And he was a guy that'd never put too much consideration into anything past machines and power armors; he seemed almost completely to lack the drive to flirt seriously. Sparring and combat isn't about style, it's about one's heart and determination to succeed, just like anything else. Style is a mere façade to give face to the same principle, Suzaku thought to himself as he rolled his shoulder a bit and stepped back from them and stretched his torso and arms out, then his legs.

"Would you be up to it, Suzaku-san? I'm too much of a dirty and efficient fighter to be any good to Chime-chan, but your movements seem to be clean enough to make this fair," Chikako asked politely in a manner that was too pure to come off as seduction. Certainly, she had been somewhat mean to the man before, but hoped that he might be willing to forgive some of that.

Chime felt that Ueda-san might be giving her too much credit, but didn't say anything. She walked over to the mat and entered a very abnormal fighting stance. She placed one leg in front of her with the foot of the leading leg facing towards where she expected Suzaku to stand, and the heel of her foot rose slightly off the ground. Her other leg was placed behind, with the foot of that leg facing at approximately 45 degrees away from the leading foot. The rest of her body turned in sync with her rear foot. Her shoulders raised, her forearms lifted in front of her face, and she placed her hands in a closed position. "Let's go, Suzaku-kun!" The smile on her face did not fade as she assumed her stance.

Suzaku perked a brow again, turning to face them again and rubbed the back of his head in surprise and thought about it. Wondering for a moment what she meant bout being too dirty a fighter, but then thought that he didn't want to know in the end. And he was willing to forgive some things like that, there wasn't a sense in bearing grudges on a ship like this one after all, it'd just lead into trouble.

"Well it looks like I don’t' have a choice now," Suzaku said, looking at Chime, whom was ready to go. "Sure, I could use the exercise," he said and slipped a hand into his pockets and withdrew a pair of fingerless gloves that were black with red trim along the edges and a bird-shaped emblem on the back of the hand. He'd face Chime with a stance with one hand out leading, slightly bent at the elbow with the other drawn back and up high with one foot leading just under the extended elbow, standing on the balls of his feet. He was watching her movements, looking for the first place to strike at first. "Hm. Old fashioned style..."

Chime stepped forward. Her lead leg moved straight ahead, rear leg following while maintaining her basic fighting stance. She moved her body so as to lower her head to Suzaku's chin and maneuvered her rear leg to strike at the area just next to the kneecap while throwing out her leading arm to grab him around the arm.

Suzaku shifted his weight and turned his body to avoid her incoming motion and shifted and leaned back a bit and snapped a hard kick with the ball of his foot toward her leading shin with a hard, fast motion. The aim of the kick itself was to fracture or break her shin as it came in like that to put her at an immediate disadvantage.

Chime allowed the kick to hit her shin—unfortunately for Suzaku, her entire fighting style was based around blocking with the shins and lower arms. Because of this, the bone and muscle he struck took the impact like a shock absorber. As he leaned back in the direction opposite her forward arm, she took the opportunity to bounce forward on her leading leg and use the momentum from his leg moving her body in the opposite direction to launch a bone-shattering punch toward the crest of Suzaku's orbital bone.

Suzaku thought about it and withdrew his leg and moved to avoid her punch and parried her punch with his arm and wrapped it around her arm and stepped in so his side was to her chest and brought his foot to place of to the side of her lead leg. Then with one hard motion, he used his free arm to push against her and swept her foot off in an attempt to body slam her in response to her attack.

Suzaku's foot struck Chime's ankle with little to no result. The effective martial defensive style of Muay Thai was to completely brush off attacks—and this sort was one of many that were included. And so, in typical Thai Boxer fashion, she slammed her elbow into his stomach and the heel of her foot into his shin.

The two would continue back and forth for a while, exchanging blows once each figured out what would work and what wouldn't. The two would get bruised and battered over the course of the training of course. Suzaku would eventually land a jarring kick to the side of her ribs, to which Chime caught his leg to keep him from withdrawing it and slammed a hard elbow down on it, breaking the bone from the side by striking it in a place the muscle and sinew couldn't protect it. His features tightened in the shocking pain of the break as the loud crack rang through the air. When she released him, he floated back, his right leg clearly broken painfully. Suzaku would float back and sat down carefully and took his padded glove off and put it in his mouth and with a sickening "crack," he'd reset it

"NGH!" he grunted as he relaxed from it for a moment.

End

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back