• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 37 - Temptation and taboo (Pt II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: Yamatai - Kurayami-jo, northeast Melanchol

The two were very wrapped up in their moment, never getting enough of each other’s kiss. But then, the Lioness finally pulled away with panting breaths, her forehead pressed to his as she looked up into his eyes ever so close. A loving grin displayed on her devious features, she was eating up every second of him; his words were enough to win any girl's heart, and unlike most Neko she had known, she wanted it all for her self—no, it was more like she wanted him all to herself. "Then swear to me, under the millions of stars above that our souls will forever be together, promise me that you will forever and always be mine." She watched closely in his eyes, waiting for more of his loving words, longing to hear it from his lips.

Nicholas’ breathing steadied as Shizuka made her enamored demand of him, a clammy chill shooting throughout his body as the words escaped her lips. “Shizuka… I,” he began, feeling hopeless in the situation; he’d told her that he didn’t have faith in the longevity of their time together, and had even said so in his proclamation moments earlier. But he did love her with all of his being, feeling unable to refuse her request. “Words are thrown around so frivolously in this day... one should not simply say something without much thought,” he continued with a pause as his gaze remained locked with hers. And just as he was about to speak again, the sound of commotion met his ears, coming from the direction of the chamber’s entrance. No—it is not already—” he thought, his mind racing as the quick sound of padded footsteps drew nearer. “We have to leave, Shizuka,” the Geshrin demanded in an urgent whisper, “and return to our rooms before an alarm is raised. They will think intruders have entered this place and check on my wellbeing.”

Shizuka's eyes turned sharply towards the door; she cursed the guards and she twice over cursed herself. The Nekovalkyrja had got too caught up in this, and she knew it... 'Words, the very same things you were using moments ago to bed yourself deep in my heart.' With a distant expression she simply turned back to Nick and nodded, when she turned back around he could see that her mood had faded almost instantaneously and her battle mask had returned. She rose up swiftly and picked up her top-piece nonchalantly, waiting for him to lead her back.

As soon as Shizuka had retrieved her things, they were off, speeding across the vast room and straight towards its back wall. Falling to his knees and sliding to a stop as the high barrier came upon them, he immediately began his search for something he’d remembered was there—a hairline seam, a crack. The place where the wall opened to the escape corridor should have been there somewhere, but for all of his searching, his memory—or a remodeling of the room—failed him. “Damn it,” he spat, rising to his feet. “I refuse to let them see us here.” Nicholas stood in harried contemplation for no longer than was required and then grabbed Shizuka’s hand tightly, pulling her along as he backed away from the room’s backmost enclosure and nearer again to its center.

“We’re going escape, Shizuka. Don’t let go,” he said, staring at her with affectionate eyes before lifting her up in his arms. From there, he would sprint as fast as he could towards the paper shutters that kept the cool night air from the hall’s eastern viewing casement that overlooked the mountainside and sea beyond it. As his shoulder met with the fragile barrier, he didn’t take one last deep breath or hesitate, he simply kept going, bursting into the frigid, windy midnight and onto the snow-laden rooftop. He quickly lost his balance, falling with a thud and sliding down the ancient structure’s slope. And just as the two fell from the edge of the outer ceiling, ever so high above the ground, the two house guard burst into the chamber to find nothing more than a more than suspicious hole in the room’s east bulwark.

She watched as the Geshrin hastily searched for what could only be a secret exit. She almost felt like just turning around herself and making her own way out right then, she was still worked up over the situation, relentlessly loathing her own naive actions. But then as he rushed up to her, telling her to not let go the Neko was caught up in surprise, scooped into his arms she reached around to cling tightly to his larger frame. She was so angry with him, but yet here he was rushing away with her in his arms; she couldn't help but feel some of her anger fade it was almost pleasant to be in this situation, even in the cold air she began to relax in his arms. 'Maybe I shoul—' Her thoughts were immediately cut short by the sudden slip. Just before hitting the ground, quickly Shizuka's combat instincts kicked in and she used her gravity manipulation to soften the fall.

And how they’d fallen, down floor after floor of rooftop, crashing onto one after another as they descended before hitting the snow-covered ground. Although their fall was padded by Shizuka’s ability as a Nekovalkyrja, Nicholas was unaware and just lay there for a moment, glad that his poorly thought-out plan hadn’t killed him. He began to chuckle as they lay there in the snow, one atop the other in a neat little heap near the castle’s outer wall and amidst the forest’s trees. “Are you alright?” he asked, his voice filled with a strange excited happiness, no doubt due to the adrenaline rushing through his body. He continued to laugh at where he was and what had happened, not to mention what a hard time he’d have explaining what’d happened. “That was ridiculous, Shizuka. I apologize,” he told her, holding his giddy disposition back just long enough to speak and then letting it burst out again when he was through.

Sitting up, Shizuka just stared at him as he laughed. She couldn't comprehend why she couldn't stay mad at him, even after all that. His laugh infected her stoic face with a pursed little smirk. Then as he started laughing again, she swept a hand quickly through the snow piled up beside her and threw it into his face. That's when she broke out into a giggle, feeling better about things for now... she was sitting on the planet's surface and covered in snow—like a dream come true. "Now Nick, snow is thrown around so frivolously in this day and age, you should not retaliate without any thought." She mocked playfully, waiting for the return attack, internally coiling her body to dodge or block.

“Oh?” Nicholas said, the snow falling from his face as he stat up. “Then I suppose I’ll have to take some time to plan my attack.” With that, he flung two scoops of snow at her, both arms flailing up simultaneously as he moved to tackle her, stumbling and crashing down beside the Neko, just short of his intended target. “If only I didn’t know that they’d be sending a team down here right now,” he said, rolling over onto his back again, “I’d say we should… you know… finish what we started.”

The combat-trained Neko was just too fast, the double shot was dodged with a simple weave of her upper body. Then, she leapt up over him as he stumbled down to the spot just beside where she was laying. "Oh, I thought male Geshrin body parts got smaller with the cold. I wouldn't want you to be misrepresented now Saiga-san," Shizuka said and then stuck her tongue out at him playfully. "Maybe we should get you inside before I have to knock out your guards to buy you time." With that suggestion she brushed off her clothes and went searching for her upper body armor plate in the snow.

Nicholas was still chuckling at the situation and their conversation as he pushed himself off of the ground and out of the snow. “I think you’ve probably heard wrong!” he chided mockingly at her assertion of his species’ anatomy. “Not that you’d be able to compare it to any other time,” he commented, continuing his jeering. He began to brush himself off, the procedure not doing much to help his white appearance as the snow stuck to every fiber of his uniform’s jacket. “Your words ring true though, we really should get back,” he confirmed. “And I’d say we should walk straight in the entrance. If they ask, I will tell them that we heard a commotion and went outside to investigate.” The Geshrin, satisfied with his inability to make himself any more presentable, stood waiting now. “Nobody would dare question this. Not even Gempachi-sama.”

End

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back