• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 38 - The third, and last day in Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: Kyoto Civilian Sector - Tengoku Resort

It was another bright and beautiful day over the Yamataian capital. The warm sun's rays seeped into the rooms of the Tengoku Resort just like all the days before. It was so peaceful here; it was like the endless battles beyond the planet's atmosphere didn't exist. But this warm season serenade was coming to its end, and by this afternoon they'd be off on another grand adventure in the reaches of the empire. There was breakfast like normal, prepared and waiting in the serving room. At this time, all the rooms belonging to the Pride Wing were receiving a wakeup call. Kuriko was given orders from command that they had to be packed and on the station by 1500 Yamataian hours, which meant they had a few hours left to travel to the space station and be off on their journey home... to the Senbu.

Kuriko had just stepped out of the shower after having been dropped off by Akira about an hour before. As Kuriko slid into her bodysuit, she contemplated the events that had transpired the night before. I hope he's not mad... Kuriko thought before stepping out. The Neko noticed the new message on her communicator regarding the ship-out time. I guess all good things must come to an end, she thought before sending a message to the rest of the wing.

Message said:
We have to be on station by 1500, we should get together and do something fun as a group before we leave. Any ideas?

Masako groaned, rolling over in her own bed and sighed as the communication came through. And she was having the best dream, involving... well, she couldn’t' remember; ah dreams, good ones you always forgot. She turned her blue eyes on the communicator sitting on the nightstand and yawned. "They want us down there at 1500? Well... that's all fine and good. It's still early..." the blonde said and yawned and went to get dressed, having slept nude the previous night. In her half-awake state, Masako flicked the TV on to see the activities provided by the hotel itself to see if there was anything they all could do.

Ageha woke up, early as usual. Perhaps if she and Hiroko had actually stayed at the after party for an extended period, things would've been different, but as it was, she was up bright and early once again dressed in her carefully pressed uniform and awaiting downstairs for the others as she picked at her breakfast. Maybe we should've stayed longer, she thought regrettably. But I was so worried about getting back and my assignment and all. I really messed up back there. I really hope none of the others say anything about that. I'm just glad the Squad Leader wasn't around to see me. A general look of dour gloom crossed her face. I need to be more focused. C'mon, Ageha, you can do it!

Sakaki was up doing morning exercises in the nude when she received the message. She didn't reply, as she didn't have anything to comment to it, "Maybe go to a movie or a play? Though I am not sure, what do you think Masako?” broadcasted Sakaki her thoughts. She turned to see Masako was in her half-awoken state and then returned to her exercise. The Neko also went back over the things she had ordered or bought to make sure if she had completed her checklist in time.

Masako registered Sakaki's thought and pointed to the text scrolling on the display she'd brought up as she got dressed in something casual, but slipped a bathing suit on under it just in case. "I dunno about you, I was thinking of going swimming down on the beach or something. Perhaps we can all go and just have fun like that?" Masako replied to Sakaki as she dressed. Nearby next to the corner of her bed were a few bags of things she'd gotten while they were here, a few things ordered in private, specifically thing she didn't want anyone to really see her buying.

Meanwhile, Hiroko woke up... awkwardly. She felt like someone else, at least for a second. Maybe it was just memories of how she felt back at the party. Maybe it was remembering clearly what she said and did and knowing it was wrong. But... after dressing in a simple casual beige skirt and black blouse, she walked out, albeit without her usual motion.

"Swimming would be pleasant," mentally commented Sakaki, not wanting to break from her morning exercises. She had left her lion plushy on the pillow, sitting alongside a puppy one. The two plushies seemed to rule the bed from their spot on the pillow.

Masako chuckled softly and watched her exercise and whistled lowly to her and giggled. "Bouncy bouncy... maybe I should've painted your figure instead of that landscape I finished last night," Masako said teasingly and went to her communicator and picked it up and sent a message back to Kuriko in text. "How about a trip to the beach?" she had sent.

Kuriko read the message from Masako as she arrived in the lobby. Hmm, the beach could be good, Kuriko thought to herself before typing another reply to the group: "How does the beach sound to everyone?"

Hiroko looked up from what she was eating, almost instinctively, even though the communication was only via telepathy. She responded back, though. "...I don't see a problem with it."

"I'm just here to watch you guys, so whatever you decide is going to be fine with me," Ageha responded as she continued to pick at her breakfast. It had gone cold and she really didn't have the appetite anyway. I'll have to be extra diligent today, to make up for yesterday. And I thought going on vacation right away was going to be more fun. She sighed and continued to poke absentmindedly at her food.

"I will remember to relay that compliment to my creator, Masako," replied Sakaki unfazed, and began to stretch down low. She then began to head into the shower, as it seemed that the Pride Wing seemed to be heading out soon.

Kuriko arched her brow... We're being babysitted? Kuriko's inner self mused before some other part of her took control. "Nanjo-hei, you're not only supposed to watch, but participate as well. It's hard to become part of a close-knit unit if you don't participate in any of the activities, ne?" Kuriko sent to Ageha while wondering what the Hei had done the day before.

Masako perked a brow and sighed a bit, well it was true enough but kind of sad she thought like that. She'd gather her things up and collapse the easel down and folded up as it was made to be modular and put it away and the painting off to the side so it wouldn't be damaged. The blonde had gotten a shower the previous night as she preferred to go to bed clean instead of doing it in the morning. "It wasn’t' a compliment for you creator, it was one for you. You may've been made like that, but it's been up to you to maintain yourself, not your creator," Masako said telepathically and adjusted the fit of the clothing she had on: a red blouse with some buttons undone to expose some cleavage with a black knee-length skirt with low-heeled sandals that gracefully spiraled her ankles.

"Ara, as you say, Shifuda-heisho," the dour com tech returned. Kuriko's words made her feel a little better. She did have fun yesterday and felt that she knew the Pride Wing crew if only a little bit better. Ageha definitely felt closer to Hiroko as well, they had gotten along so well together so far. But, you don't want to be seen as a slacker, she reminded herself. Thanks, Shifuda-heisho, she said to herself. Perhaps she'd thank the commander later in person when there weren’t so many others to see.

"While a Neko is created, there is no reason to change appearances for personal tastes, Masako," replied Sakaki while she showered. She found no reason for, say, the Taisa to decide that her height would be disadvantages to her. All Neko being strong and fast, really see no reason to change their outward appearances as much. At least this was Sakaki's point of view, as she wasn't the typical factory Neko.

"If you say so... it's really depressing to think of it like that. I'll see you downstairs, I'm about to take a bite out of the monitor here unless I get something to eat," Masako laughed telepathically to her friend and headed out. She'd idly float down the corridor to the elevator down to the serving area and walked in casually and got a seat close to Ageha and Hiroko. "Gooood morning, you two. Have fun with those Gold Wing guys? I noticed you didn't get back ‘til late," Masako teased both of them as she got something for breakfast.

If she could've buried her face in food to hide, she would've. Instead, Ageha simply shrunk as small as she could, hands between her knees and head bowed down and blushing so much her face felt like it was on fire. She didn't respond vocally to Masako, though, hoping against all hope that it was some sort of psychotic episode and that Sakiyurai-hei was not there to talk about last night.

Hiroko looked up with a bit of a distant, indistinct look on her face. And for a second it seemed like she was about to open her mouth to say something... but didn't. Then she blinked, her eyelids fluttered, and something else seemed to show. Frustration. Almost actual anger—and much stronger than the stoic annoyance she normally displayed. "...You did not just imply that, Masako."

Masako gave Hiroko a wicked, yet oddly sensual grin as she responded. "You better believe I did. What else can I think? I last saw you gals under the effect of the Kigen Ongaku and dancing with a few guys... it isn't hard to deduce possibilities..." she responded, changing her tone to sound teasing.

Then she stood; Hiroko stood straight up from her nearly-empty noodle bowl, projecting a glare of most purified malice right into Masako's eyes. The fact that her anger was breaking through her composure was only made more intense, maybe even unsettling if Masako thought of it that way, by the fact that her body language was still completely, eerily calm. "You... did not hear me. For all of your efforts to 'socialize' with me, or 'get to know' me, you have... failed. I apologize for speaking for you Nanjo-hei, but this isn't even unflattering. This is insulting." Then, in a shining moment, a confused look of realization passed over Hiroko's face. Then... she paused, face returning neu- wait, was that a slight smirk?

Maybe I can crawl under the table. Crawl under there and just die. Maybe my soul will be reborn as something pleasant. Like a butterfly. That would be nice. Ageha was frozen in shock, but eternally thankful that Hiroko was there to take charge of the situation. She's a good friend to have.

Masako spotted her and stood up herself and looked down slightly at Hiroko, rising to meet her challenge, seeming a good inch and a half or so taller than she ordinarily was. She did something unexpected and reached out like she was going to slap Hiroko for it and instead rested it on her shoulder and smiled. Masako's blue eyes shone with a bit of honest joy at the situation. "I'm sorry for insulting you. But it actually makes me happy to see the fact that you aren't the cold ice queen you show yourself to be," she said. "I was worried that you may've stayed that way; if you hadn't responded like you just did to my prodding I'd have lost hope. I'm glad..." Masako said.

Sakaki was walking toward the food court wearing her punk look again, only this time with a black shirt that had short sleeves. She saw the busty Masako-in-a-Chinese-dress standing off against the indomitable Hiroko. Rather than interfering, she decided to pick up her food she ordered and sit next to Ageha, who seemed distressed. Sakaki then placed the puppy plushy she had on her bed in front of Ageha, with the puppy facing up to the com tech.

Just like that, it was an incalculably improbable death of momentum. Like an FTL ship plowing into a black hole, like a hurricane blasting into the Himalayas, Hiroko had thrust her hand forward to block Masako's 'attack,’ but the hand just... froze. A few fingers bent and twitched slightly, and her mouth hung open slightly. "Y—... I..." A long, long, long pause. Then only one word: "What?"

With the motion beside her, Ageha poked her head from the cocoon she was weaving around herself and came face to face with an adorable plush puppy face. The confusion overruled the embarrassment from Masako and she just turned her head and stared at Sakaki with huge eyes that matched the expression on the stuffed dog's face. She didn't understand, but perhaps she could stare the answer out of Ushimo-hei.

"I was worried about you, Hiroko. When we arrived here you seemed so cold and distant from us," Masako said, the small smile never leaving her face. "I want to be your friend, Hiroko, just like I want to be Sakaki's, Rin's, Kuriko's, and even Ageha's," she said and shifted her hand and gently caressed her comrade's jaw and cheek for a moment. "You're not going to just shut us out are you? You looked happy last night and you were enjoying yourself. I was glad to see that, that's all," she said.

Ushimo-hei stared back, if not questioning if the com tech liked her gift or not. Her head even cocked to the side slightly to imply her stare was a question. Meanwhile, she was not really paying attention to the 'bonding' between Masako and Hiroko.

Hiroko stammered, twitching further, before retracting her hand. She was... a lot more emotive than normal—she knew why but it was far from her mind at present—and this time she felt... regret? Or shock. Or maybe a strange, unsorted sense of realizing the intent, even if she still wasn't quite on the method. "I... but that... I don't even know if I was happy, or if I just ended up feeling something reminiscent of it, or if I... er..." Then she blinked, almost as if her eyes were welling up slightly, but she quickly blinked again to dispel it. "Nnnnnn, I don't know..."

Seeing how Ushimo-hei reacted, Ageha looked again to the stuffed animal and back again at Sakaki. It was a gift? For her? B-b-but Ageha didn't get her anything back. She glanced at the cute doggie one more time before looking back at Sakaki and raising her finger to indicate herself. This was indeed a gift for her?

Masako just smiled at her still and stepped forward, pulling Hiroko into a warm, almost matronly hug. "It's ok to feel like that, you know," she said. "Nobody here would fault you for it," Masako said, a maternal instinct triggered by seeing Hiroko's eyes welling up. Her hand rubbed her back gently, soothingly as she held her for a moment, probably attracting a lot of attention from others around them. In a moment, she pulled back and looked Hiroko in the eyes and gave her a lopsided grin, her grip loose enough at this point for Hiroko to escape if she wanted.

Sakaki nodded slightly with her face giving no expression, but one could see warmth if one could see past Sakaki's wall. She then began to sip some of her tea that was beginning to cool off.

Kuriko, however, had been re-reading the orders and figuring out how to arrange for transport to the beach. There isn't enough time, Kuriko decided finally. Glancing at the hotels list of amenities by accident, Kuriko mentally slapped herself on the forehead. The onsen! she thought, half the reason it had been chosen. "The beach isn't an option, it's too far away. How do you-" Kuriko paused as she noticed the group. "How do you feel about going to the onsen instead." Kuriko's face held a very confused look on it as she looked at the odd event that was occurring before her eyes.

Hiroko... wasn't quite limp, but she didn't really know how to react to the hug. In the end, she just closed her eyes, letting it happen, but at least feeling some sense of comfort. Cushioning, too, though she didn't want to dwell on that much. But... after she was pulled back, Hiroko looked back, and smiled sheepishly. Weakly, and sheepishly. "I... ah. I just don't know how to sort it out yet.” She paused, looking down slightly. "I was born a Geshrin. I should know how to feel like a normal person. I... I haven't suffered unduly. I'm normal psychologically. But..." And then Hiroko stepped back, shaking her head. "...It feels wrong, inherently wrong."

Masako watched her, listening to what she was saying and believed she understood. "You've just been too indoctrinated into being a soldier, that's all," she said. "I was born Geshrin too, remember?" She smiled and glanced to Kuriko, hearing her come in. "That sounds fine, Kuriko-chan." She giggled a bit. "We were all just having a... bonding moment," Masako said, wanting to cover for them.

"I-I'm sorry Ushimo-hei, but I didn't get you anything," Ageha confessed as she bowed in apology to Sakaki. As she did so, one of her barrettes let loose with some of her bangs which proceeded to swing free tauntingly in front of her brown eyes. Ah! Quickly, she bolted upright and combed out a group of barrettes from the right side of her head. Two she placed in her mouth as she fixed her hair and re-applied them in a slightly different, position. All but one, that is.

The one remaining had a wide, red face made of plastic with a doodle of a sunflower painted on it rather sloppily. Cupping the barrette in both her hands she held it out for Sakaki to take. "Please accept this," she said with bright smile on her face. "This is one I made back when I was a kid.

Kuriko nodded in response to Masako as her face formed one of distanced confusion. Riiight, so... Masako and Hiroko... I'll remember that, Kuriko thought as she mentally checked the possibility of the two being lovers. "So what does everyone think of going to the onsen instead?" Kuriko asked.

Sakaki's expression changed to bit of surprise, as she didn't really expect anything in return. Taking the barrette, she looked at the doodle of the sunflower which reminded her of her own bad talent for drawing. She clutched it and attempted to add it to her own hair, removing the small ribbon and attaching on the barrette, with probably the aid still of the small ribbon, which was no smaller than a string really, to keep her hair in its usual top knot fashion. She then bowed and said, "I am honored, and will wear this even in battle."

Hiroko backpedaled another step or two before suddenly turning towards Kuriko and... blushed slightly. This did not look proper. It couldn't have looked proper. "...Ano... ah... Onsen would be... fine! Yes!"

Masako was standing on her own now and had a hand on her hip and smiled at Kuriko. "I like the idea myself," she said. "So many luscious feminine bodies all close together; it's just a wonderful thought." She giggled mischievously, wanting to provoke responses.

The blush deepened. Severely. Hiroko made it a point to distance herself further physically, nervously stammering out a response. No, not proper at all. "S-Sakiyurai-hei... that... er..." The blush did the rest of the talking, really.

Eheheh, you don't have to go that far, Ageha thought to herself. "Thank you very much, Ushimo-hei," she said as she bowed again. She picked up the stuffed toy and lifted it up in the air to look at. "You're pretty good looking there... ah..." She paused to think of a name, but then looked at Sakaki with very serious eyes. "Does he already have a name?"

Sakaki shook her head. "He was meant for you, so I let you honor in naming him, Nanjo-hei." She couldn't help but to feel like she’d seen this kind of scene someplace, probably in one of the samurai dramas that Ushimo-hei had watched over the years of her samurai fangirl life. Sakaki also added, so not to feel like the puppy was abandoned, "He does, however, have a friend named Yoshi, and a Lioness friend known as the Red Lion,"

Masako caught what the other two were talking about and smiled softly at them. So Sakaki was giving the skittish Ageha a plushie? That was pretty cute, and seemed to be a good gesture to help the girl relax some. That's so cute... wish I'd thought of it. I should probably apologize to her later for being so rude, she thought and looked over at Hiroko and smirked confidently as her. "What's wrong, Ishida-chan? You don't like that thought? Now, I'm positive you have a beautiful figure under those clothes, just like Sakaki does," she said and glanced to Kuriko. "Doesn't she, Shifuda-heisho?" she giggled.

Kuriko tried to dodge Masako's question, it wasn't in her to comment on how other people might look nude, and instead she entertained the possibilities that could occur between Masako and Hiroko. Oooh, perhaps Hiroko is a bit shy about the relationship. Seems like Masako likes to flirt around a little as well, I wonder how Hiroko feels about this, Kuriko thought before clapping her hands together. "Saa, let's go then!" she said enthusiastically. "It is the last bit of break we'll have for a while, and judging by the length and fine accommodations I imagine it will be a long while before we get another one," Kuriko said.

Hiroko blushed even deeper, revealing that, no, some shades of red just do not go with her hair. But... but... She was rescued by Kuriko changing the subject, and seemed to actually breathe a real sigh of relief. Trying to act nonchalant, though, Hiroko nodded, and slowly began walking towards the onsen. "..Going is good." Meanwhile, her mind was still reeling with the implications, not fully thinking that Masako was teasing her. A beautiful figure... she... but we strip to enter our power armor. And... but she means it more intimately... and Sakaki... she and Sakaki are...?

Looking at the stuffed animal intently, Ageha asked in a very serious tone, "What is your name, little guy?" She lifted him up again. "Yo. Shi. Red. Lion," she spoke, trying to figure out what to call her new friend. "You have some interesting friends. I. tch. chi. Icchi. Oh!" She drew the puppy in for a hug. "Icchi, huh? You're an important guy, I guess. I should’ve known with such exciting sounding friends."

Sakaki was nodding, if not in the shortest nods she can muster trying to keep herself under control. She had to close her eyes in order to say, "You have, found your true home, Icchi." It would come to Sakaki later that she probably just recited a line from a movie, however, the name would allude her and annoy her for a while.

Masako started to head out but paused and tapped her foot on the floor loud enough to try and get Sakaki and Ageha's attention. "Hey, you two kawaii sisters, we're heading for the onsen, come on or get left behind!" she said and continued on out behind Hiroko and Kuriko.

So, the situation wrapped up in the resort eating room. Then, the Pride Wing moved their party to the relaxing onsens that the resort prided itself on. They got to relax for a long while, and the lovely Masako got her wish—she got to see everyone in a bathing suit, even the cute little Ageha got to join in. But sadly, the last day of their vacation was quickly coming to a close... so, after Kuriko told everyone to head back to their rooms to pack, they did. It wasn't much longer and then the group was on the long drive back, space conversation kept the awake members busy as they passed through the city. Then finally... they arrived in the military sector and were dropped off in front of the spaceport. It looked like it was time for the long ride back.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back