• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: Cirrus Station [Episode 5] A Unique Encounter

"What is the chance of any of us getting blown into tiny pieces while working here, sir?" asked Richard after his goofy expression was slapped into a serious one.

Kokuten nodded at Richard's statement and opened the visor on his helmet.

"That is correct! It may be a good idea to label the more volatile equipment, along with proper emergency tools within the area. Or! If it's more convenient, you could point out the things that are safe." The Doctor proffered his query in a similarly casual tone.

Now I feel like an idiot for asking, mused Jen who still was somewhat fussy about missing the cannon firing. As for the reaction she seemed to get from her bet, she restated, "Any drinks, doesn't have to make you tipsy or anything, we could have the loser eat those snack bars or something."

Hmm, these two seem to be hitting it off, Jen thought as Clair did her "mine" hug, Not that I wanted to lay claim or anything, whatever.

As for her reaction to Dick, she was first amazed by the size of him, He's even bigger than that Steve guy, she thought while incorrectly pronouncing Stovaa, though maybe this guy might be trying to compensate for something?

Though she has been longer on the station than the other newbies, she remained quite with her arms crossed as she was more of a scout than a station patrol and had nothing contributing to the conversation at hand.

A convoluted and strange set of circumstances got Tweak awake, ready, and caught up to the rest of the squad. Whatever happened, it got her to the room just a little late, in uniform with her helmet on and visor down.

"Sorry guys, nothing gets onto this station that doesn't get Cassefin's approval. Sadly, that means we lack a lot of the cooler things in life. Alcohol, tobacco, fast food, slow food, food that doesn't come in shiny wrappers saying 'Cassefin' or 'Montreal'... you get the idea." Stovaa said off-handedly to the other group members discussing a bet, though he didn't say anymore about it, secretly wondering how much attention they'd paid to their briefings before hitting the Cirrus.

The huge Id-Sol Administrator truly dominated the room, towering over everybody, even Stovaa, even if only by 3 or so feet. A very intimidating presence, though not seemingly a threatening one.
Dick Vanderhuge said:
"...Any question before I go on."
"You got any family back on Nepleslia prime? I used to know a Big Dick Vanderhuge..." Stovaa paused for a second, this being a legitimate question, though no doubt the answer would be no and the rest of the group would have a good snigger. "'Cept that, no questions at all Sir."

"You ladies can give that 'sir' shit a rest...I'm not a General anymore," Dick said casually, apparently unaware of the snickers his introduction had incurred.
Stovaa said:
"You got any family back on Nepleslia prime? I used to know a Big Dick Vanderhuge..."
"Hm." Administrator Vanderhuge grumbled gruffly, squinting his eyes in thought. "You must be talking about me, I'm the only Dick Vanderhuge I know of in the Vanderhuge brothers. There's Albert, Biff, Cal...me, of course," Dick went on to name his brothers out, counting them by the finger as he spoke one. "...Edward and big brother Flint Vanderhuge."
Cyril said:
"Sah. If'n you don't mind me asking, is it safe to infur that this is more then just a patrol assignment?"
Richard said:
"What is the chance of any of us getting blown into tiny pieces while working here, sir?"
"Afraid not fellas," Dick answered with a smile. "I know you guys are all used to getting all the fun missions. You are getting a little famous around here; fighting big animals in the shit pipes, mixing it up with Nekos in bikinis...I even caught a security feed of that Stainball game against Montreal. Most of you can't shoot for shit, but hey, nobodies perfect," Administrator Vanderhuge continued. "Nope, you ladies are just here for a short little security detail. We have some VIPs coming in to drop off some supplies, and Montreal wants everything to go smooth. If you look out there, you'll see they've just arrived."

Outside of the large glass-paned walls stood a large open area, strewn with a few miscellaneous cargo crates and heavy lifting equipment. Apparently, Squad 35 was actually in some sort of control room overlooking one of the Weapon Lab's space docks. There was only one ship in dock at the time, a large cargo freighter emblazoned with a very well-known emblem. The ship must have just landed and finalized docking procedures, as several Cirrus Station bay workers started positioning their equipment to begin unloading from the large bays along the side of the vessel. Two figures emerged from the passenger area, immediately followed by several more accompanying silhouettes. The CSS team was too far away at the time to really make out who they were.

Dick, however, saved them the trouble. "Yep, you've all been assigned as a little extra security detail for this exchange. Standard duty...sorry to disappoint. The only reason you all are here..." Vanderhuge continued, turning with arms crossed to the transparent walls overlooking the docking bay. "...are those two that just got off the ship with that mess of guards. Laj Vinross Yu and Marrisa Cranker...the two CEOs of Vinross Yu-Cranker Materials. We've ordered some of their surplus Nerimium, Iron and other materials for use in our projects, and the two of them wanted to deliver the orders personally, for some gesture of good will or some shit. They buttered up Montreal so far that she couldn't have said no if she tried...so now we gotta make sure nothing happens to them while they shake hands and talk politics."

Dick turned back to the squad, unfolding his arms and resting them behind his back. "So. Unless you all have anything else to say about my name, you'd best go down and meet our guests of honor. I'll me monitoring the unloading from here...I have other things I'll need to be doing as well."

Kokuten nodded whole-heartily, seeming to have little problem with the assignment at hand. At best, it was something that would ease him into his new command position. At worst, something could go wrong, but the Doctor was never one to consider such variables.

"Well! It may not be Green Stuff in a Gold Mug, but it's definitely Bronze Mug material." said the Captain positively as he nodded to the former-General and moved to the Elevator. He turned to face the squad, still walking to the elevator. As he back stepped, he could feel that for some reason, they had picked up an extra member. He stared for a moment and spotted the shorter arrival, not necessarily recognizing who it was. Of course, he was referring to Tweak, who had join them moments before.

"C'mon, let's go say hello." beckoned Kokuten as he walked to the elevator. He snapped his visor shut as he turned back forward to walk straight.

"Vinross-Yu Cranker." Noboru said out loud, more of a thought than an actual statement. He had heard the name on the newsreels around the stations (well, the ones that weren't emblazoned with Montreal's beaming, creepy face) about a man with the name "Laj Vinross-Yu" (It was a hard name to forget) running for... Some sort of political office.

"Wasn't he in the running for a governor's seat at one point? I heard some stuff on him when I was watching the NNN a few weeks ago."

"Hey, I can shoot well enough to hit you where it counts." Claire folded her arms in a mock-pout. She seemed to be one of the few who didn't think to make fun of his name. Security detail, hm? "Hope it's not like my last post..." She looked around her, it wouldn't be. At least these people were interesting to talk to.

((Sorry for the short post, I'm not doing too well on creativity at the moment.))

Lance thought to himself, Funny... I have the feeling that VIPs and Cirrus Station are not a good combination... not that VIPs are ever a good combination for anything... but maybe this better explains the zealous use of overkill... he pondered.

"Is it possible that the pirate force that attempted the earlier attack knew of the VIPs arriving?" he suddenly asked aloud.

Tweak had missed everything: The initial introductions, the asteroid-tossing, the pirates, even poking fun at Mr. Big's name. So she stayed quiet and made sure her rifle was attached to its magnet on her back while looking around trying to catch herself up on what was happening.

VIP duty? Very Important People. Right. She didn't know why these people were important, didn't quite care, and what was she expected to do about it? Stand somewhere, likely, but where?

The neko sighed behind her visor. Slow down, everything will be explained. Or most of it. Maybe enough of it? Her hair was beginning to fog up her visor since she hadn't had time to properly dry it after basically ducking in the shower long enough that she could pretend she had washed. Tweak reached up and tipped the visor back just enough to create a crack in the seal and allow air in from outside without bringing the visor all the way up. As she did, Kokuten passed her as he walked to the elevator. He seemed to be in charge, so she decided to follow and wait for orders.

The precise details didn't matter to Keziah. She had always been completely out of touch with the rest of the universe, and wasn't surprised at all to find out that she had no idea exactly who the people down there were, or why they were even remotely important. So it didn't matter, and she resigned herself to letting others care more about it all as she walked into the elevator. The less I know, the less I need to worry about protocol and screwing up.

She snapped her visor closed before she reached the elevator, and snapped forward as soon as she reached the back of it. Time to see if their new CO was up to snuff, even if this was just a babysit.

Stop it, she scolded herself. Last time you thought the job was easy, things got real messed up.

Cyril wince as little as he fell in with the rest of the squad, the brownian motion of the squad walking jostling the little Nepleslian toward Kaz and her friend Claire. Was he the only one in the squad who didn't try and tempt fate? It was a wonder that Murphy himself wasn't dancing around on their head. Of course, given their luck so far...

He shook his head as he snapped down his visor. Maybe Finagle would get tired of dicking with them for once. It'd be nice if things actually worked out well for a change. And maybe Miss C would give them all with brandy and smokes, while he was wishing for things that would never happen.

Cyril snorted under his breath as he brushed past Lance. The man was wondering if the pirates were maybe after the VIPs they were supposed to be making a good impression for. Now, Cyril didn't have the foggiest of what pirate tactics were in this part of space. There'd been that overview in basic, but so vague that it boiled down to 'hit and run tactics against weak targets.' So that meant they were either a text book example of a pack of nutters depending on what they knew about Cirrus. "I dunno. I couldn't hurt to pretend that's the case. Finagle's probably going to do it anyway, just to spite you for mentioning it."

Deacon had noticed Tweak's arrival, but had remained focused on the gentleman before him, listening to the mission they were to complete. Prilisa IV had been just a simple assignment, nothing could go wrong on it, and look how that had ended up.

After the briefing, the Kohanian moved after his commanding officer towards the elevator, stopping just long enough to give the shortest of versions of the information session to the hidden Neko.

"Guard duty on two people. They're delivering some raw materials, and we are to make sure the trade off goes smooth."

And then true to his forming pattern, he moved on without waiting for a response.

Jen just turned and left with the others while feeling the familiar boredom coming on. At this rate it might be like my old position, the female Nepliesian thought, while she crossed her arms, and lazy side glance revealing her inner thoughts, I can only hope this gets more exciting.

"Why yes!" Mimi chimed in from behind Noboru, clasping her hands together in delight. "Recently, Mr. Laj was voted to representative for the Delsauria system on the Nepleslian Senate. I believe he actually replaced Mr. Dick's brother, actually..." Mimi said thoughtfully, daintily putting a finger on her chin and looking up towards the ceiling in a contemplative manner. "Mr. Edward Vanderhuge. It was in the news a month or two ago! Oh dear, I hope Mr. Dick isn't upset with Mr. Laj..."

---

The small observation room overlooking the dock had a door off to the side that connected directly to a set of stairs leading down to the floor area. It would seem that the glass walls of the observation room were one-way; looking up in hopes of catching one last look at Administrator Vanderhuge would be met with disappointment and a series of highly reflective chrome windows.

By the time Squad 35 had arrived at the Vinross Yu-Cranker transport ship, the rear end was bustling with activity as Cirrus Station loading crews hefted large cargo crates out of the hold, hauling them off to designated areas on a floating trolley using fancy-looking forklifts and a few Wolverine utility vehicles. They loading crew looked far too busy to be bothered; apparently they were also well aware of their guests and we doing their best not to screw it up. Not that it mattered...it was only Laj Vinross Yu and Marrisa Cranker on the VIP list, after all.

Before the team could get too close to them, however, several of the figures surrounding the two Vinross Yu-Cranker CEOs snapped to attention and turned to meet the squad. At such a distance, though, Squad 35 could now clearly see just whom these figures were.

Uniques...

Or rather, a squad of Vinross Yu-Cranker Materials' personal security force, much like the CSS squads aboard the Cirrus. However, there were several important differences...the most obvious being that each and every one of them were women, easily deduced from their figures and equipment. The Uniques were donned in unpowered armorsuits, however these seemed to be engineered at a much higher quality. Curvaceous plates of silvery alloy fitted closely on their contours, breaking only a few times into black, leathery bodysuit underneath the plates around the joints. The feet of the suit were propped up in a sharp stiletto heel fashion protruding from the soles. The armorsuit followed up all the way to the neck, which cut away to the ergonomic form-fitted helmet with a hazy dark-yellow full-face visor covering their features.

Whereas the CSS suit left much room for improvement with the large backpack housing all of their utilities, the Uniques had two short, cylindrical containers laid across their shoulderblades, large enough to house necessities while leaving plenty of room for movement. Even their weapons looked more menacing...and judging from the rest of their design aesthetic probably performed much better than the standard CSS Variable Weapon.

Perhaps the most startling part of the squad of Uniques, however, was what they wore over their security suits. Each of the Uniques had what appeared to be frilly, lacy, pink camisoles worn over their suits. News reports and general word of mouth about the 'elite Vinross Yu-Cranker Materials security force' would have already revealed this information to those who would prefer to remain informed, but to see a fully armed woman in a state-of-the-art security armorsuit wearing a loose-fitting sleeveless undergarment over it...was an experience, to say the least. Coincidentally, the camisole itself was very well made and surprisingly tasteful.

There were a few differences between some of the suits. Nine out of ten Uniques were clad in the lovely pink camisoles, but the one closest to Squad 35 (and approaching fast, her heeled suit clacking against the metal dock floor plating) had on a slightly longer, deep red camisole of a different, more elaborate design. Her helmet was also somewhat different, with two small, sharp-looking fins pointing backwards along the temples. Perhaps these small differences in attire were what the Uniques used as their ranking structure. This would seem to be the case when the Unique in red shouldered her rifle and stood before Squad 35's leader, Kokuten, and removed her helmet revealing a rather attractive woman with sharp features, cunning eyes and blonde hair done up in a tight bun.

"Nice suits boys, very...classic," the woman said with a sly smirk. Several of the Uniques behind her raised and lowered their shoulders and made motions as though there were laughing...but seeing as all of their visors were down and no sound traveled out it was hard to be absolutely certain.

"I guess you all are the extra security the Head Administrator assigned us then?"

Well, that was... interesting. Cyril wasn't sure what to make their counterparts. Frankly, they looked ridiculous, the combination of silvered battle armor and underwear looking like the punchline to a bad joke. But Cyril wasn't going to dismiss them out of hand for it. He suspected that, idiotic uniform decisions aside, the bodyguards for the head of a major industrial consortium were a damn slight better fighters the the standard Nep. So instead, he simply took up position at the end of the line, so as not to draw attention to his height, and came to the smartest parade rest he could.

Keziah would've laughed right back at them, had she been so sure that her helmet would've kept the sound inside. As it stood, she stifled it and rolled her eyes at them, especially at the totally useless cami's they were all wearing. Sure, it's a good way to designate who's who in the suits, but that can be done in a lot of different, and less rediculous ways.

The CSS suits might be less aesthetically pleasing, but she sure as hell didn't miss wearing stilettos as part of a normal uniform. Not that she ever had, but still, the simple thought of it all made her feet ache, which they never did anymore.

Still, looks weren't everything. Idly, and very, very quietly, she wondered whether they'd ever get to find out who performed better--these women, or some of the CSS squadies.

Hm! Rico would have a field day right now, were he here. Kokuten thought, referring to a certain Nepleslian Casanova he had met in time past. The rather voluptuous and stylish women would have been quick prey of that old friend of his. Though, recollection of old memories would have to wait as the ranking member of the Uniques came tacking up to him.

The Doctor waited a moment, taking in the facial features of the woman in front of him. She appeared to him to have the characteristics of an officer, yet, appeared to have a heavy aristocratic overtone.

"Well, they say classic is this year's black in the armor business." Kokuten chuckled as he removed his helmet, returning her courtesy. Perhaps he did not realise he may have insulted them indirectly. If he had, he was blissfully unaware of it, and ran a hand through the flattened hair on his head.

"Yes, Administrator Montreal has attached us to your superiors to ensure their trip to meet her is swift, safe, and surely pleasant." Kokuten continued with an equally pleasant smile, and then gestured to his squad mates behind him. "We are Squad 35."

Noboru stifled laughter upon seeing the ridiculous outfits of the "Uniques", the curving lines and ridiculous camisoles much resembling the ridiculous form-fitted uniforms and armors of the Star Army of Yamatai. Not to mention the fact that it looked extremely, extremely stupid...

"What are you calling classic?" Noboru piped up from the back of the group, standing at ease with his arms clasped behind his back. "I'm not sure our armors are the greatest- hell, they were designed to minimize damage to a space station, and I doubt they really even managed that- but at least they aren't the latest in combat hooker chic." He chuckled lightly, but then quickly backed down into the rear of the group.

Leaning towards Cyril, Lance whispered to him a quick message, "Well, isn't that interesting..." he whispered, just loud enough for the two of them to hear, and maybe anybody else rather nearby.

Chuckling at Noboru's comment, Lance pondered to himself just what kind of reprimind Noboru was going to recieve, or if Kokuton would just let it go.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…