Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Equine and Forin Art (56K Warning!)

These have been approved by Zakalwe as accurate art that can be used with the Equine and Forin applications, so that's two less that have to be drawn.

The grill is for easy access repair and maintenance, while the "headlights" are actually sensors and/or parts of the deflector array. The Equine has a slight 70s semi-truck feel to it, but not so much so to cease making it look like a spaceship.

Equine:

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_equine1.webp

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_equine2.webp

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_equine3.webp

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_equine4.webp

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_equine5.webp

Forin

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_forin1.webp

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_forin2.webp

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_forin3.webp

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_forin4.webp

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Ship_20Art_forin5.webp

It should be noted that these ships were developed pre-Ephesus. Since him there has been a move towards very smooth, flowing and attractive designs.

I like this work a lot.

Random Question about it.

Are these 3d figures like a model or an object file or are they just multiple 2d drawings? If they are 3d figures, I would ask to get a hold of the file and put it in halo :D Heck, I can already drive rocks :P

They are polygons which, by default, have three or four files. Also used is a WAD file which points to the 2-D textures placed on each side of the polygon.

I HIGHLY doubt it can be imported into Halo...though the program can be manipulated with C++ or C-Script, so I won't say it's impossible.

well for that matter, it seems like it would fit perfectly into halflife lol
I was hoping you did it in like blender3d or a program that you could export to a object. Oh well, figured id ask XD

When I say import into halo, I mean mod the system files of halo like give the master chief a mega man cannon(the page auto changed mega to rock man...why lol) and stuff :P wad files... i smell a halflife map...hmmm meh it would probably work better after I learn a bit more of star army.

If you didnt notice, I like making/modding levels in games XD

From this little thing, I think you'd have lots of fun playing with baking tools before you get started with your texturing.

Baking puts in fake little shadowing and gives your model a little bit more form so you can really get crazy when you start adding things like panel-lines.

If you didnt notice, I like making/modding levels in games XD

Have you ever played around with FreeSpace 2?

I've considered a bunch of times to ask about making a StarArmy mod we can all play and have some fun with.

Never heard of FreeSpace2. If you can make your own levels and stuff then that just might work.

I could make a halflife single player story based on stararmy :P
Actually now that I think about it, a Sven Co-op map (halflife mod, pretty much cooperative games) would work. If people can find a free or cheap game that a mod could be made, imagine the 3d roleplaying that would insue XD. Just need to actually do some roleplaying before i'd know what to do though.

<foreshadowing> look at my bio waiting to be approved! </foreshadowing>

Freespace 2 doesn't have the right dynamics for power armor combat though. Power Armors don't operate in the same way a fightercraft would.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back