• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

"Ernie" Protection Robot

as the robot doesn't require a weapons license to own while guns do
I can't think of any faction that has weapons licenses.

I can easily remove that section if you want, I just thought that a near-utopian ideal society like Yamatai (which is where both the parent and subsidiary companies reside) would require some form of registration for gun ownership at least.

Basically selling it without weapons means they can sell it as an accessory, rather than as a firearm. This could have some tax and legal benefits in the setting depending on how the system works, it also makes the product cheaper. But, like I said, easily removed and shipped stock with two Type-33's (another Emrys product *wink wink*), however, this would nearly double the cost of the robot itself.

If it must go then I'll sniff probably around for an alternative weapon to ship with it, we have plenty in the setting after all, just be nice to tie it into the Emrys/Tamahagane conglomerates line up. Or I can just be a cheapskate and say they did it to make it cheaper.

Nope, can't use the Type 33, currently TC is only producing them for their security team. Until I add them to the sales inventory we don't sell them.

Oh. I read "external sales" and "850 KS" and thought they were up for grabs. I guess it's the cheapskate option then.

Oh yeah, and I think a casual discussion on IRC about there being very little gun laws in Yamatai may result in a massive flood of arms going into the country. My bad. <,<;

That pricing is from the base NSP 33 C page. '

Can we get a brief history section, background about why it was built.

Also what exactly is the brain of the Ernie? What kind of computer? What is its power supply? How long can it operate? How fast does it move?

I might need until Thursday to make any edits, but to answer some of your questions.

There already is a history section, it's quite terse but the original history I had in mind was longer and then didn't work out.

We have computers that predict the future and gynoids that use sex as stress relief, compared to that a small computer that memorizes faces and makes tactical decisions is childs play.

The defibrillator section mentions a battery (its very dug in, I'll put a second mention in stats), but there is a hole in how long it operates. Just throwing numbers around but how's twelve hours sound before it needs recharging from an outlet, or replace its primary battery?

The robot takes on a small human shape and has no fancy hover function, so the only real measure of top speed I can give you is Sprint.

As for the computer, we have lots of them in use, just curious as to how powerful it is, also does it have any communications?

18 hours would probably be more useful,

Alright, edited most of the stuff in that was requested. Two new paragraphs in description that detail about the Ernies habits and its computer. A few new sections in Details that cover the battery.

I looked over the speed mention but could think of no feasible way to improve it at this time. The phrase "Surprisingly fast" was made to be in relation to its size.

Currently I feel the article can be structured better, Description is currently an 800-pount gorilla in the spider monkey cage but is adequate for now.

You are right that section could be split into a general area, an on-duty and off-duty sections for clarity.

But that being said,

APPROVED.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…