• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Scientist.
Hanako directly told her to report for it.
"Welcome aboard, Yuuki-Hei, Oshiro-Hei," Hanako saluted the two newly-transferred soldiers. "Please get your things stowed and get you power armor prepared...."

Okay, I'm going to let @Wes tell me what exactly her status is.
You see, I simply don't know what specifically her function is, I would like to know what is expected of her. While all of the combat personnel have been issued M2-4s that doesn't mean that science personnel received them too. She may have an MCAS build for a specialized function or she may simply have been issued an M2-2D, which is still the most widely available armor in the SAOY. If she isn't expected to be a dedicated member of the infantry team she will naturally be protected as an asset or VIP of sorts, who generally are not packing much firepower. Because it's not listed specifically in her wiki what armor and loadout she has I simply have no idea how to respond ICly. This is kind of a surprise for me.

Once Wes bosses me around we'll get her loaded out IC

I think there is some confusion here based on what was said in character.

Hanako said this:
"Welcome aboard, Yuuki-Hei, Oshiro-Hei," Hanako saluted the two newly-transferred soldiers. "Please get your things stowed and get you power armor prepared. Also stop by the medical lab for an a standard exam and mind backup. We will be lifting off shortly."

We took on 10 Mindy 4 armors. If there's available ones left, they can be claimed.

I also remember that they are supposed to be custom fitted for each soldier. Would she have been fitted for one after the orientation or just given a standardized armor.

Also, what is her function? Combat or non combat? Bit of both?

Whatever the mission requires. So consider it combat.

He sounds pretty busy with a work apprenticeship lately. Seems like a whole bunch of IRL stuff happened right before he started, so it just sapped all his time. They are definitely alive and intending on coming back when they are able, as far as I can tell, through. ;I

In other news, the Eucharis history article for this thread should pretty much just read; "Jax was trapped like a dear in headlights in a room full of stripping neko squaddies, narrowly escaped with life."

"It was at that point Jax realized the recruiters weren't totally lying."

Doesn't seem like I'm getting thread notifications for some reason. I'll have to see about changing that.

Reactions: Wes
Last I heard Pally's wife was having medical problems. Hopefully, everything is okay now and he's just busy with work like Polygon said.

I'd like to let everyone know that I had to make a fairly large change to my last post on page 4 due to a significant misunderstanding.

I thought members of SAINT reported directly to their Corp. That is only partially correct. SAINT is a branch of the SAOY. I believed that they ran parallel to each other, like an HR guy in an office reports back to corporate. That isn't accurate.
SAINT is an institution that operates within the SAOY. Candon's orders, while they can come from SAINT will come through Hanako. Extreme circumstances may appear but I doubt it'll happen unless we have some planned moment of theatrically induced storytelling.

Sorry for the confusion

Hey guys, my family trip ends today and I'm driving 300 miles home. I know I owe at least HotelKilo and Rizzo a response in my next GM/Hanako post, which I hope to make tonight. Thanks everyone for being patient and I hope the new folks are having a good time so far. Let me know if there's anything you need (everyone) either here or in convo.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…