• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Do we still have the fleet being shot at, though? My mind is on the Mindy and Kuvexian Masumi sent down to be picked up by one of the fleet like Sigurd's plan detailed. Should I have expected an update on them, are they a lost cause, or can it be assumed they got picked up?

There's no fleet until we ask the fleet to show up.

I was wrong in that regard, then. My bad for not spotting that facet in the briefing.

@Wes I'm assuming there's atmosphere in the station, right? Would that render her Aetheric Pulse Cannon pretty much useless or does it just decrease the effective range?

You can use aether in atmospheres. There's an atmosphere here.

I'm sorry that the away team section of my post was short this time. More to come tomorrow hopefully.

Also don't forget the enemy armors are as good as yours and they have shields too.

Sorry that I didn't manage to reply in a while. I'm about to now, though. But I have some questions first.

I was under the impression that communications with the away team as well as any sensor readings regarding the station were jammed. Pretty much a cloud of static that messes up any communications and sensor readings around the station. But jamming the Eucharis, too? Can they jam at that big a radius?

Another question: Is something like good old fashioned morse code known to the SAoY?

The jamming is in the area of the station, not specific to the team or the Eucharis. There should be some morse code equivalent.

Would you say that Masumi's job of unjamming it will be effective or does some other course of action need to be taken?

Can we assume everyone trained by SA has knowledge of this code?

Double post!

I wanted to add that I, of cause, made some stuff up about the homing devices in my last post. I hope that's okay thought. If not I will, of cause, have to rewrite my post. Also I'm sure that's not quite the solution @Wes had thought of but I hope it will do. From my point of view it's more interesting than some magic wand waving, anyway.

If I should be mistaken I will, as said, edit my post.

I just realized that I made a stupid mistake in my post last night. I leave it in until someone calls me on it, though.

I didn't know the 4 had a homing device
There's nothing about it in the stats >,>

The AIES mentions one, but it doesn't say how it works.

Yep, AIES seems to include a homing device but it doesn't list it for the Mindy-4. I assumed it was an oversight in the Mindy-4 article because it wouldn't make much sense not to equip the Mindy-4 with one if its apparently standard for AIES.

@Wes So are you giving me time to stop Becker from cutting off the power? Also, I legit have no clue what to do about our current problem.

I actually think stopping Becker would not be a good idea. Feel free to ask him about what he's doing if you're not sure why he's doing it.

@Primitive Polygon We could really use a post from you to keep the away team action flowing!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…