• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Explosives

I like that this is actual "science", as opposed to plasma or aether or some such thing, and this will work fine on low-grade civilian stuff, but... well, it'll do absolutely nothing against anything above steel or titanium armor. An armor-piercing tank round is only rated at DR 3, and while Potassium and Sodium are certainly nasty things, they're not DR 6 nasty, which would put its destructive power above that of a tactical nuclear weapon or a mid-grade railgun. I'd suggest a DR of 3, honestly.

I put six because I figured this would work along the lines of thermite based on the design. Thermite is probably only a 1 or two unless set up and everything, and so I was working on that. But if you think I should downgrade it, I will.

What makes Thermite so good isn't that it explodes, but the simple fact it melts things via the extreme heat, and molten metal it uses to melt through objects over a small target area. DR 3 is appropriate for this.

Approved.

Please add to the Star Army Equipment list.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back