• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Feature request: Readability issues - other color schemes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Hey all,

I've been on the site for a while now and I'm increasingly finding that during normal lighting conditions, it's actually very difficult for me to read white on black (or dark blue).

Is there any chance we could have another StarArmy board theme that's not in pitch-black-blue?

The wiki isn't so bad because the colors are brighter (ie, the lighter blue as seen either side of the big black middle bit) and I'd probably settle for that but a cream color-scheme with a serif font would be really nice (like printed paper) for reading extended posts.

Note I say cream, not white, because white is a "bright" color and it's quite blinding.

If you want, I'll mock something up later.

All I'm asking is a few hex values get changed in a copy of the StarArmyBlue theme and it gets renamed to something like StarArmyNovel or StarArmyLite.

Thanks.

The problem with them is that it becomes difficult to browse the board in that the features are all mixed up and dashed about.

Specifically, it becomes very difficult to find sub-boards.

Gotcha.

I'd move this to the administration/technical board, but I don't have the power.

Additional templates = time--not just now, but for future forum updates. Also, as pointed out, we have light templates already.

I'll consider it, because this is something that's been requested before and because it'd be a nice feature, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do much until at least two weeks from now due to not having much time (wedding planning rush + family vacation).

If you have color suggestions, please reply with them in this thread by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…