• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Ferrium Alloy

CadetNewb

Submission Type: Material
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:ferrium

Faction:
FM Approved Yet: N/A
Faction requires art: N/A

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles: No
Contains New art: No
Previously Submitted: No

Notes:

This is meant to be a bit of background fluff available for all factions to use while also being something handy for article work. It always bothered me that we had space-aluminum in the form of Durandium, but no space steel. Especially because aluminum can't be used in structures as rebar or be in contact with cement for an example. Plus, you can't have armor on the cheap and have it be real ghetto if it's not rusting. So there's that too.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't think it can cover two Armor Classes without some kind of reasoning behind that. You suggest it in the stub, but it should be spelled out on the lines that talk about Armor Class.

I've went ahead and added a little more detail to the In-Character reasoning behind the class change and also made it clear from an OOC perspective as well. However, should this be capable of being in two Armor Classes, or do you think it is more fitting to be simply a 'Light' armor material? I ask since the point of this article is to add more detail to the setting and not competitively look for an edge.

Mmmmmm ... I like the idea that it can be the base "material" that allows you to blend other things and rate yourself up into a better armor class at the expense of speed. It can stay as is. Even though it's a unique material, it's not "unique" like Zesu, Yama-Dura, etc.

Approved.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…