Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Gaming FFXII

SageShooter

🎨 Media Gallery
Inactive Member
Figured everyone is posting in the Valkyrie Profile 2 thread, So I guess I will make this one. Anyone out there got it? How far are ya and what do you like about it? Go wild in the thread cause I love the game :P

Since Tiffany didn't mention it: if anyone so much as blatantly spoils the game beyond what game previews and reviews give (see RPGamer for what I mean); I will personally have my henchman, Doshii Jun, do a journalistic investigation on you - if you ever stole wood from around train tracks, used your mother's makeup, peed on a sidewalk or picked your nose to roll whatever you found under your girlfriend's furniture... he will know and in turn will let the world know about it as well!

You have been warned! Mwuahahahahahaa!

Yes yes yes no being evil and ruining the game for people, but figured that was common courtesy and all :P Thanks for the disclaimer or warning or whatever fred.

Yes, I need to hear more opinions on this! Everyone I've talked to about the game either says it sucks or it's the best FF ever, with almost no opinions between the extremes.

Since American politics tends to be polarized, I guess it's not far fetched to think something like that happens in the world of gaming, too.

I personally really liked the new battle system, it really cuts down on the grinding factor of fighting random mobs. But on the other hand the story line was a bit meh.

Classics which are mighty in their own respects. Sorry but the political twistiness of Tactics will forever be the most bent I have ever encountered. And IX was just plain awesome.

Still haven't played XII, didn't mean to derail the thread with my blurbs.

(XI also had a very deep and interesting plotline IF you actually played through the storyline and quests instead of getting caught up in silly online BS)

Kotori said:
Since Tiffany didn't mention it: if anyone so much as blatantly spoils the game beyond what game previews and reviews give (see RPGamer for what I mean); I will personally have my henchman, Doshii Jun, do a journalistic investigation on you - if you ever stole wood from around train tracks, used your mother's makeup, peed on a sidewalk or picked your nose to roll whatever you found under your girlfriend's furniture... he will know and in turn will let the world know about it as well!

You have been warned! Mwuahahahahahaa!

You mean I'm not a lieutenant? That's crap.

I stopped playing FF after XI. XII can only get by on looks alone.

Anyone played VP2 and XII? I'm wondering if they used the battle system over two games, to be cheap or whatever.

No clue but I really like the story so far. And the FFXI plot was amazing too, I got up to about rank 3 or 4 I think, before I finally had to stop playing.

FFXII so far though has been great with both the plot and the battle system, and I love the new leveling system to, so much better and it allows you more control over the development of the characters. Not to mention I love the new overdrive thing too.

With that said, I am thinking of getting VP2 soon, since everyone here gives it such high reveiws. I wanna beat FFXII first...but I think VP2 will be the next game I get.

Believe me, it only got better in XI if you kept going. Let me put it this way. You would have to play every single Artifact Armor quest, city quests, town quests, Rank quests, Zilart, Chains of Promathia, and whatever the new expansion has (I quit after getting to chapter six of CoP) to get the full story.

Yeah, every single AF quest. Damn if that isn't a ton of stuff to do. I was gonna do that but well reasons made me quit the game too. And I had a full 75 PLD at Rank 10, final Zilart chapter, CoP chapter 6 character. He's long gone tho. I suspect foul play but I doubt I'll ever go back even if the story was very compelling.

VP2 borrowed a lot from Star Ocean 3, I think.

Tiffany, some of the subtilities of VP2 will be lost on you if you haven't played the first game. There's no appreciating the hotness (or villainess) of some characters without the perspective of the first game, even though VP2 is still terrific as a standalone.

The new battle system is pretty fun. I wouldn't be surprised if later games pick up a similar style, because it really does make all the random battles more tolerable, and less time consuming.

The plot is...alright. Really, Balthier is the main reason I stuck with the game.

Thanks for the heads up there fred, I will look for the original VP first.

I like Balthier a lot yea, but I love Fran more. She just seems more exotic and cool <_< Don't ask me why lol.

Lol. The legs are what get me...and the incredi...gonna cut that short heh...>_>

I love the fact though, that they compensate thier feet structure for high heels. Pretty smart way to make them all wear pumps.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back