• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Fiber Optic VR Eye Patch

Kayto Styles

Inactive Member
Not For Sale

Components: Fiber Optics focus lens with automatic tinting regulation, ear mount, 4 foot jack in cord.

Component Description

Fiber Optic Focus Lens (FOFL): This lens is carefully crafted out of thousands of fiber optic strands which are all fed into a mold and coated with a tinted polymer (this one is red) that adjusts to light sensitivity. The screen since it is fiber optics projects the images it receives only one direction which is directly into the users eye unless the screen is flipped upward away from the eye. These Fiber Optic strands are coming from a quarter inch thick wire at the left side of the piece which supports the screen down to the ear mount.

Ear Mount: This piece wraps around both the top and bottom of the ear for maximum grip to the side of the head. Inside the ear mount is a digital to fiber optic converter so the images being received can be processed through the FOFL properly. Normally black or sliver gray in color very sleek design. ( Some thing like this..... http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdImg/i ... 322801.JPG )

4' Jack-In Cord: A basic hook up wire that trails out the bottom of the Ear Mount from the bottom behind the ear. At the end is an adapter jack that can be plugged into many different types of computers. These computers also feed this Fiber Optic VR Eye Patch with it's power thought Fiber Optics require very little power so it won't put much strain on the battery life of the computer/lap top.

Nice peice of gear with a good ammount of applications from what it seems, but what is the intended role of the device?

it's not for sale since this is going to be a piece that is going to be created by Mater and used in conjunction with his lap top or later on the integration on his bio-cybernetic arm that I'll do later on. It will basically be able to plug into any lap top or computer and see what ever's on the screen. It's a personal gadget so I'll have my uses for it.

I don't get how it works. What's actually making the image? Fiber optics just carry light, not make it.

It's quite possible he means the FI eye patch is like a one eyed HUD (heads up display). It feeds the visual information it scans directily to the ocular nerves at the back of the eye.

Like a video projecter, of sorts.

what makes the image? the image is made up of each strained of the FO fibers. As if each tip of the Fiber is the representation of a pixel that is beamed into the eye. Yes it's an HUD i think that should be quiet relevant since it's required to be plugged into a camera or computer/lap top that cord feeds the picture that is either displayed on the monitor or the vision of the camera. (Such as the night vision, thermal, and telescopic optic camera I will create eventually.)

This will pretty much be part of a set for a whole land warrior set up only lighter weight and more compact then what it is of current days.

Cora said:
Uh, this is more or less what I said. ~_~

A lot more then what you said since this answers wes's question on where the device is retrieving the image that the fiber optics is projecting into the eye.

Approved, I guess. ^^;

I'm just asking, this is not just you Kayto (though I think you've done it several times): Wes, is it really necessary for people with unique equipment to put it in this forum? I mean, they obviously need to give the information, but wouldn't it be better placed in their bio if their character is the only person in the universe to have one?

Jadg Wolf said:
wouldn't it be better placed in their bio if their character is the only person in the universe to have one?
Nope. A character should never be defined by the items he/she has in his/her posession.

I'm not saying that. Didn't Blas or someone list their cybernetic powers in their bio? If the character is the only one to have the equipment, why put it here? Most of this stuff is mass-produced. A one-of-a-kind item doesn't really fit.

Jadg Wolf said:
I'm not saying that. Didn't Blas or someone list their cybernetic powers in their bio? If the character is the only one to have the equipment, why put it here? Most of this stuff is mass-produced. A one-of-a-kind item doesn't really fit.

I could have answered this if i had noticed it earlier.

This is for the created item to be evaluated by the normal Techy's and to be judged if it's safe to have such an item made. You have to have the item approved before you can actually possess it. That is what this board section is for isn't it? To make sure tech that is invented is safe for the SA environment.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…