Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Fight School: Who Prepares, Wins

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zack

Uso school for the kill arts, Nath Tower, 188604 >

"OK NUGGETS! NO INTERRUPTIONS THIS TIME!"

Uso was outright shouting now, trying to at least shock the class into being quiet long enough to get something new through their heads.

"This is the last lecture about kinda bullshit non-technical stuff. After this I plan to have Vier come in here and start giving you guys a break down on how to conduct an actual operation... but first."

*CLUNK*

Uso set a rather hefty looking pistol down on the counter.

"We end this animal-comparison bullshit now. Saying you're like a wolf or a shark or whatever is wasting both of our times. Animal-Comparisons in war are just like animals: Dumb. So I swear if you try and use one I will shoot you with this stun-pistol."

She'd wait a moment, clear her throat, and then continue.

"If you think you're a bad ass just because you can shoot perfectly, remember that your opponents can ALSO shoot perfectly. If you're being shot at you've already lost many layers of protection already.

Hell, many of you are also probably spoiled by seeing war films of the SAoY or whatever.

Everyone here has done it at one point, you think 'Yeah, I can totally beat some first year assembly line neko in a shoot out.'"

Uso would pause to let that mental image set in.

"Consider that neko has combat training built from decades worth of experience. That top women have worked on developing and upgrading her eyesight, her weapon, her communications. Consider that while you're asleep they have people working on ways to make her better. While you are eating or playing with your friends she is practicing her craft.

Make no mistake. Yamatai is preparing to fight its next thousand battles right now just like every other competent army.

You can't just prepare for a battle the day of. Preparing for a battle is something that happens long before a fight. That means getting familiar with your team, getting familiar with your equipment, not just knowing your tactics, but practicing them understanding them so when changes need to be made you can change accordingly.

Start preparing now so that you can be the one who put more hours into this battle than the other guy.

Like they say,

Who Prepares, Wins."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back