• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Fireball Positron Cannon

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
If this is a ship weapon, shouldn't it be SDR 1, not ADR 1?

I think that reply was meant for another thread.

Anyway, the Damage Rating rules say this weapon is SDR 4, since it's a heavy anti-matter weapon.

This is Nepleslia. Your idea of heavy is our idea of light. Antimatter has historically been our big explosive destructive answer to aether. Hence why the multiphase cannons on the big ships mount SDR 5 antimatter warheads. We already have SDR 5 antimatter. With that precedent set, I don't see why I should be limited to making this SDR 4. This is our newest "Exceptionally powerful super-weapon"

From the article itself. Nepleslia would not replace an SDR 5 weapon with something less powerful.

I await an explanation of why Nepleslia is unable to produce a second SDR 5 antimatter weapon.

With an anti-matter weapon, it's simply an issue of how much antimatter will equal SDR 5, not if antimatter can reach that level. Right now, Sigma wants an SDR 5 weapon for Nepleslia since it's what we need. We don't want to resort to Aether since it doesn't fit our faction theme well, but we will if we have to simply because the story and roleplay demands it.

I don't normally jump into a thread that someone else has been reviewing, but I don't see a reason to hold this up.

APPROVED.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ