• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Destiny First assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdragon

Inactive Member
Roken sat quietly as the ship made its way to the destiny there was allot of chatter among the passengers, Roken wasnt interested in the conversation so he found a seat in the very back of the ship and looked out into vastness of space, he was very surprised to get an assignment so soon but was also glad to be away from his home, away from the memories, he hoped he would never have to go back there ever his thoughts were interupted when one of the passengers addressed him. "Home sick?" She asked, Roken looked up at the colonist, his moment of peace interupted. "What makes you think im homesick" he said, the colonist was surpised by the respons and took a seat in front of him. "I was just wondering, you looked a little upset about leaving your home" Roken looked out the veiw port thinking of what to say, roken sighs and says, "Im not upset, being back there just gives me bad memories, and Id rather not talk about it." Before she could respond the intercom on the ship snaps to life "Attention passengers we will be docking with the Destiny shortly please secure all loose items and fasten your seatbelts. Roken was relived to finally be able to get off the ship and fastened his harnest, as the ship docks the colonist begin to push there way off the ship nearly carrying Roken with them "hey wheres the fire", Roken finally get out of the croud and looks around at his enviorment "well now where do i go?" He thinks to himself.

Follow your nose

(on the Destiny)

"Uhhhg" said roken as he leaves the hangar, its been an hour and Roken hasnt met any pilots or any officers that could direct him to a battle armor hangar or his quarters. The ship was massive from the outside but it looked a lot bigger when he was on board and it looked like it would be a while before the ship began its voyage, the only person he talked to was the colonist and the security that check everyones ID but once he left most the ship was quiet which was perfect for him but in this case it made him a little nervous. As he made a left around the coner he could smell a very familliar scent "food" Roken hadnt had anything to eat since he left his home, "might as well get something to eat" he thought to himself and followed the scent.

(OOC: could someone help me get my character settled into the storye plz

Henako looked up man walked into the bar with a bag on his back. He thought back to when he had first come to the Destiny, when Kusati had helped him around the ship. Henako wasn't sure weather he should shout out to him but shortly made up his mind. Standing up Henako walked over to the man.

"Hi, I'm Henako. Sorry if this may sound rude but you do look new here. You ok? Want any help?" Henako asked.

Roken looked at the man that introduced himself in complete surprise, he had heard about people who were created perfect but only in stories back home and he was meeting one in person "uh yeah im new here-" he paused and looked at the rank of the soldier and straitend himself up a little "yes sir Im lost kinda, dont seem to know who or where im suppost to report to."

The man seemed kind of supprised with Henako coming over to talk to him. "Huh, Sir? Oh yeah, don't worry about that. Well if you want to find out who your commanding officer is I suggest you talk to the AI. I also suggest you be nice to the AI." Henako replied. "Do you have your room?" Henako asked.

Henako hadn't been treated as a superiour before, it felt wierd, and not right considering Henako had only been on the Destiny for a day.

Roken shook his head "uh no not yet, is there someting wrong with the AI on the ship?" Roken was a bit worried about what Henako said about the AI, to Roken a machine with emotions even if they were simulated ment that the AI could just not listen to what anyone if it was uppset and that made him a little nervous.

"No, the AI is just perfect, I think you'll agree." A tiny voice whispered in his ear, and he felt a cold breeze against the back of his neck.

The waiter apeared with Henako's food.

"Here you go sir, I'll give you the bill later."

Roken was surprised and looked over his shoulder to see who it was, "well i was just wondering-," roken turned around and stood at attention "Sir."

He saw nothing, seeing as it was the voice of the AI in his ear.

"A mark of my perfection is that I can be heard, but not seen, oh, and I hear everything, especially AI bashing. Bye." The voice whispered in his ear and disapeared with a small laugh.

"Thank you." Henako called out to the waitor. He turned round to face the man. "That's the AI. He is very nice, just don't get on top the wrong side of him. So what's your name then?" Henako asked

Henako looked down at his food, it looked so nice. He picked up his fork and knife and began to eat, cutting the tender steak. "This is lovely." Henako thought.

"Hi Roken, my names Henako. So do you want somthing to eat." Henako asked. Roken didn't look like he was in the infantry. Henako took and educated guest. "You a pilot?" Henako asked.

"sure" Roken said "and yes im a battle armor pilot," Roken had almost forgoten why he even walked in here but his stomac hadnt and let out a low grumble.

"Do you want a steak and chips, with a nice refreshing beer?" Henako asked. He took a bite out of his steak and stuffed a few chips into his mouth. "So how long have you been part of Sar Army?" Henako asked.

"yeah thanks. i think ill try that," Roken calls the waiter over "I just got out of acadamy, this is my first assignment" Roken paused and rubs the back of his neck "That Ai is something else, felt like he was right behind me." Roken had never met an AI so advanced before, most of the ones at bootcamp were pretty simlple: Gathering data, setting up combat simulations, And relaying reports from the Drill officers. Roken had never really met anyone who was kind enough to help him, it made him feel a little awkward most of the other cadets left him alone at the acadamy and he liked it but ever since he stept onto the destiny he felt a little out of place.

Henako looked at Roken he looked quite young, and he had just come out of the academy. Henak finished off his food. "Really you just came out of the academy, that's cool. Look it's been great to meet you but I have to go and get some training in. I advise you to have a rest and look around before you meet your commanding officer, find him tomorrow. Hope tp see you around, if you want anything ask the AI to get hold of me. Bi." Henako walked out of the bar and left money on the table.

Roken didnt have the chance to thank Henako for the help,after he ordered his food and paid the waiter and ate his food. When he finished we stept out of the bar, Better get started then Roken thought and headed for the nearest corridor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…