Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP (non-canon) First Azorean and Kohanian Interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fay

Thus, the Azorean peered at the Kohanian with curiousity as her tail swayed back and forth in the pool of water that she was sitting in.

Quirking a brow, the short, but powerfully built white tiger Kohanian stared back. As tail flicked back and forth, the feline canted his head first one way, then the other, trying to get a read on this interesting new creature.

Blinking, the blue-skinned Azorean would occasionally use her arms to spread water over her shoulders to keep herself moist. She tried to form words, but only small alien sounds came out of her mouth. Realizing that this.. beast-like being probably didn't understand her, the Azorean just cocked her head to the side.

Letting his ears twitch to the sounds the female made, the tiger lowered himself into a cross legged sitting position. After setting his arms on his thighs, he went back to watching this very interesting creature, who smelled of fish, so a double intrigue. After licking his lips, he decided to try something. "Do you speak?" He asked first in Nepleslian, and then very broken Yamataian.

The Azorean blinked once more before something beeped a small pack attached to her gray skinsuit's lower back. Reaching behind her, she brought out a small datapad of some sort. She read it silently before replying again in her own language. The datapad emitted a sound that actually was the Yamataian language, "Yes, my name is Neviruh. How do you speak this talk?" The translation was a bit rough, but it was the best that her translator AI could do.

A smile broke across the Kohanian's muzzle, so she knew at least one common tongue. Leaning back, and hopping effortlessly to his feet, the male brushed the dirt from his white arabian style pants. "I am a scholar of my people, I study all languages that we have been exposed to...It is my work to create treaties for my people, I am a Peacekeeper. And my name is Frozen Water falling."

"..water?" she pondered this before getting up as well. Her sleek figure acrobatically found its way to her feet, but it dripped of the pool's water, her white hair barely showing any difference between being dry or wet. Finally, she spoke again, "It is an honor to meet a fellow scholar. I am a seeker of knowledge for my people. Unfortunately, this means leaving my homeworld frequently."

Smiling slightly, Frozen nodded, causing his own hair, a deep ebony in color, to fall over his shoulders. "I know what lengths one must go through to gain knowledge all to well. I have lost many colleagues over the years to try and understand the thinking of our enemies. Thankfully, I have never had to leave my planet for long..."

"I'm sorry for your loss.." Neviruh stated politely as she walked along side the Kohanian. "I wonder what we may learn from each other then..?" she mused, a little off-topicly, but the Azorean wasn't sure what else to say on the matter at hand.

Nodding slightly, the male turned to face the Azorean. "First and foremost, I would guess we could learn the most just from explaining what we both are...I have never seen someone like you, and I am guessing that by the way you cannot speak my language, and we must rely on the language of the Star Destroyers...You don't know about me either."

Neviruh smiled kindly before explaining, "Oh.. well, my people call ourselves 'Azoreans'. We are the children of Nimiss, the Water Goddess. You are quite.. foreign to me as well. Not even the most ferocious creature of our seas appear quite as frightening as you.." She noted both the claws and look of a predator in his eyes and gulped subconsciously.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Azorean Neviruh. You have nothing to worry about though, as I said, I am a Peacekeeper. I swore my life to never fight a battle unless provoked by the enemy." The Kohanian explained, holding his paws up palm out as a sign of surrender. "And I am a Kohanian, born of the mind of the great Unnar, Goddess of Creation and Invention, the will of Awloo, God of Knowledge, and the power of Yaree Aldorath, God of Combat." Frozen Water Falling bowed his head in reverance for a momnt, and then looked back up. "We also do not have anything on our planet that quite compares to someone of your...Unique make up." With this said, the Kohanian tried to walk around the Azorean for a full inspection of her entire body.

Neviruh nodded, absorbing the knowledge that she had just received. She would glance over at the Frozen while he did his look-around. Her skinsuit was.. skintight. It showed off every curve of her thin body, compressed her B-cup breasts slightly, and had a hole for her leg-length tail just above her rump.
Fay Saelus: She also took a glance at the Kohanian, a little curious as to every detail of his own figure.

Nodding to himself, the Kohanian slowly stepped in front of the Azorean, spread his arms straight out and slowly turned. His clothing was much less skin tight, and seemed to be focused around allowing free and quick movements. He only stood about five foot ten, weight was indeterminable, but his build was powerful, with strong shoulders and arms showing from the sleeves of his deep purple shirt. His feet were left bare of shoes, boots, or sandals, instead just taped with white cloth strips. His long hair was left untied, and fell in a well cared for cascade to just between his shoulders. Eyes were a deep green, like a bamboo forest in spring time. "Satisfied with the external evaluation?" He asked with a playful grin and a wink.

Her own emerald eyes gazed at his build and figure with astonishment before realizing that she was staring. A purple blush formed on her normally pale blue face as she forced herself to look back into his eyes instead. "Uh.. yes, yes, of course," she replied, a little hastedly. "Uhm... what now?" The Azorean mentally pinched herself as her thoughts chided her, Goddess, Nevi, you are acting like a dippy nurse.. Get a hold of yourself!!

Frozen shrugged his shoulders a little bit and smiled. "Why don't we expand upon our races? What is it that the Azoreans excel at? What are their weak points, or places that they seek aid. And I will give my personal guarantee, on my honor, this information will not find its way into the hands of our military." He smiled, trying to use all of his charm without seeming cheesy. Truth be told, he was very interested in this interesting femme, and it wasn't just professional. "For instance, the Kohanians excel at hand to hand combat. To the best of our knowledge, we are unsurpassed in combat against a single, or even multiple, unarmored or lightly armored foes. We also specialize in martial weaponry like swords and warhammers, but must rely on our allies for aid when it comes to heavy armors, ranged weaponry, or space flight/combat."

Neviruh nodded silently as she worked up something to say. "Well... Azoreans like myself excel at building things.. such as droids. These mechanical beings are used for physical labor, protection, and many other things that we cannot acheive ourselves either physically or mentally. They have very little sentience or intelligence, so we have to constantly give them orders or they'd go idle for ages. We also have a love for flight. Strange, I know, but we just can't get enough of the wind and gravity pressing against bodies... To put it bluntly, it's like sex for us, if you can relate." Her blush before a little more violet in color, but she continued nonetheless, "As for our weaknesses.. these.." She motioned several upraised veins on her exposed face, neck and wrists. "These are close to the surface of our skin, so they can be easily severed.. Not only is that a problem, but we can dry out over time if we aren't careful." She nodded, feeling a little vulnerable telling off her people's secrets.. even though they were considered common knowledge for her people.

The Kohanian nodded once, bringing a paw to his chin as he thought over the information that he had been given. He inhaled, licked his lips, and then hesitated, about to say something but obviously thinking better of it. "There is one other thing...And because you have given something as important as your most vulnerable secret, so shall I." Sighing softly, he would begin to take off his shirt. Once this was done, he looked to the Azorean and moved close to take her hand in his. Then, slowly, he traced her fingertips up the left side of his ribs, up his neck, and then down the other side, to where his diaphragm were beneath the ribs. "Do you feel that? The hardened portion, like your veins? That is called a Lifestream. With the fluid that courses through that system, my people are able to tap into an alternate dimension, to effect this one. We are trained from a very young age how to cultivate this system, and become strong. Those who devote their life to it are able to call forth fearsome effects, or add an element to their strikes, like the clensing fire, or the invigorating ice. And there are even those who are able to channel the energy from the alternate dimension and summon forth fearsome beasts from the energy." Frozen released her hand, looking away. "If that line is severed, we will die instantly, but also as that stream is drained from us, be it through our magic, or a leeching technique, it will take a toll on our bodies, aging us faster than time itself."

The Azorean's hands wandered where ever the Kohanian led them. The 'life stream', as he called it, seemed like a vein of some sort to her, but she was no physician.. nor a master of his species' anatomy. "..Magic?" The strange word rolled off of her tongue, in a sense. She had heard of sorcery before, but that was only in fictional legends.. was it not? "Is.. that really possible?" This potential both fascinated and horrified her at the same time.

"There are those who refute what my people do as little more than parlor tricks, and try to pass it off as some sort of scientific explanation. But I have seen a man burned, flesh melting off his bones, with merely a snap of the fingers...We do not show our ability unless we are forced to do so, even up to losing our freedom to keep it a secret. We have lost much, but still retain our beliefs. Maybe it is the thing of legends, but to my people, it is what gives them the strength to rise from their beds, and spend another day in the fields, or the mines, fueling our way of life." Frozen replied, putting his shirt back on. "But I tell you this in the spirit of equal knowledge." And then he smiled. And fell silent.

Neviruh nodded with a smile as she listened intently. When the Kohanian had finished, the Azorean counterpart's smile grew even more, "Well, I'm happy to share all aspects of our peoples with each other. I am not surprised that our spiritual beliefs are different, and I cannot and will not tell you that the way you believe is wrong."

Bowing his head in acknowledgement, Frozen smiled. "As will I never say that to you either Neviruh. We are different people, not just in species, but even within that. To say that one person's beliefs are wrong, just because you do not believe that way, or agree with it, is not only ignorant, it looks bad upon you the person." As he looked up, a larger grin spread over his face, and his tongue stuck out the side of his mouth. "So tell me, Ambassador, what is your favorite food?"

The Azorean grinned as they found common ground for discussion. Now that they had become friendly, it was time for more personal questions, it seemed. "Oh, I just love fish steaks. They are juicy and stringy, but you have to watch out for a couple tiny bones that easily break off. Such steaks come from a large fish creature called the 'Foan'," she replied, wondering if the Kohanian also ate fish of at least similar design.

Nodding slowly, the Kohanian just kept smiling, it would seem that he had found a topic with which the female Azorean was quite enthusiastic. "Well, that does sound like quite a wonderful meal." He commented. "I think we have something like that where I come from, but we do not prepare steaks that often with the meat, prefering to create salads with fish meat.

Neviruh nodded as he replied with those comments. "I understand. We grow kelp to use in salads.. sometimes even with fish meat to add flavor and protein to our diet." The end of her tail curled slightly at those delicious thoughts, but she soon came back to reality with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back