• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Character First character for general use

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
For starters, if you want your character to have a chance at being accepted by a Game Master, you need to find a plot for said character to get involved in. Currently, the only one available for Neshaten military staff is the Gam'Trosha. That'll go on 'Prefered plots'.

By measurments, they mean breast size. I know it seems odd but I don't make the rules o_O.

Engineering would likely cover 'maintenance and repair' as a skill.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:creating_a_neshaten_character&s[]=inventory#inventory

^ I highlighted 'inventory' for you, hope this'll help. To actually transfer it from code to your character's page is about as easy as it is to highlight the code an' hit Ctrl + C.

Currency on this site is about as confusing as it is in reality. The Neshaten use RN an' all Neshaten characters start with 5k.

I hope this helps, I haven't looked over another person's character with critique in mind before.
And before I forget, welcome to Star Army!

Just a quick note as I head to bed while out of town, "Measurements" refers to the three primary measurements for women, not bra size. Bust, waist, hips.

First and foremost I'm going to say you did a great job creating this character.

As said before, you do need to get her into a plot that is up and running and let the GM weigh in on anything specific like the skills.

That said, I would consider combining some of those skills. Engineering and Maintenance and Repair go hand-in-hand, as stated above. I would also think Technology Operations to be along with Starship, but that's without looking to see what is required for your specific position. Also, add a bit more to the skills to state not only what she does know, but what she has yet to learn. Like in communications. Does she only know her native tongue, or has she learned any others? Does she want to? That kind of thing. If you have all the required skill sets for what she needs from training, you can add some she had learned on her own or from home...like cooking. Nothing wrong with that.

On a small, teeny note: you misspelled except. You put expect. I know, it's silly! I just notice these things sometimes. :D

Coolio guys, thanks for the much needed tips and criticisms. I`m still rusty on fictional character creating, so this helps me a lot :D!

Engineering is a completely different skill from Mechanical and Repair. Engineering deals with the construction of various things. Mechanical and Repair is primarily a reactive skill fixing and maintaining things, exactly like it says.

That is understandable, but someone with Engineering skills should have Mechanical and Repair as part of that in a subset. However, someone that is just a Mechanic may not have Engineering skills for construction, though could pick some up as they repair.

You're looking at it in the wrong way. Someone with Engineering skills could improvise some of the skills that mechanical and repair includes, but they wouldn't be trained in it. The skills list is for things that you are effectively trained in, not just a list of the ways you could possibly twist your skills to fit. It is, in theory, possible to use the biology skill as a rudimentary medical skill, but a biologist isn't the same thing as a doctor, and vice versa. Just because skills tie together doesn't mean they're intended to be subsets, it just means they work best hand in hand. An Engineer with Mechanical and repair skills will be much more effective than one with just Engineering.

Ah...good point. Was just trying to think of a way to combine some, but yeah, if they can't be they can't. Still...could use a bit more in those skill areas to define exactly how much or how little there is within the skill set itself. (if not done already)

@Emelia Synphia

Go ahead and create yourself a character page please. Also, change the Ks amount - Neshies start out with 5000 Rn instead =)

Once you do that, you'll be good to go!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back