• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

SACN First Contact Complications

Toshiro

Inactive Member
TO: Empress Motoyoshi Katsuko,
Mistress Taisho Ketsurui Yui,
or applicable persons.

I do not wish to overstep boundaries, but I fear for the success of First Contact. It is my impression that Ketsurui-Taisa is charging in without giving as much thought to these alien people as she perhaps should.

Perhaps I am too worried, but just speeding to the planet and causing mass panic in a society only just borne to space is a first impression I would not wish to leave a race of people.

I humbly ask that something be done...I don't know what...I've tried to remind her of the delicate situation, but she charges forward, heeding nothing...I can't think of anything else to do but contact you for advice, or to order her to show restraint, send out a clearer head to assist, I just don't know...

Please forgive my criticism of the Taisa, but I feel someone must be concerned for the inhabitants of that planet, and their potentially delicate society and world-view, should this effort be a success.

In the meantime, I am attempting to raise a ship near their moon to initiate contact, hoping to have the ship report my existence to their central government.

Yuki Toshiro, Commodore
SRSS-000 through SRSS-005
Yggdrasill Fleet

TO: Empress Motoyoshi Katsuko,
Mistress Taisho Ketsurui Yui,
or applicable persons.

An unidentified stealthed ship is following the YSS Eucharis into the Azorean atmosphere. I am unable to get a communication to Ketsurui-Taisa while she is in upper atmospheric entry. Please advise or intervene ASAP!

Yuki Toshiro, Commodore
SRSS-000 through SRSS-005
Yggdrasill Fleet

Appended: YSS Eucharis has destroyed target. Preliminary scans of debris just before burn up indicate Nepleslian military vessel...

I would like to note that Ketsurui-Taisa used Aether Weaponry (Main Gun) within the planet's atmosphere...

May Chiharu help us all...and forgive me for bringing our conflicts to this newborn race's doorstep. If even one of them dies, I can't forgive myself.

Appended 2: Nepleslian Military has arrived to investigate, armed and ready for combat. I strongly suggest you do something, preferably immediately, to prevent loss of life.

Considering we have yet to even speak to the alien race here, I consider this an abysmal failure.

Appended 3: We are finally talking to them, though the IPG is still here. Ketsurui-Taisa's actions have caused minimal damage and some injuries to the native population, which are thankfully under control through their own local means.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…