• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: The Wayward First Steps (Ep 01)

Hugar pauses and looks up. "Tanja." He turns and looks at her. "...This computer was powered on less then a month ago." He looks a little worried, and now heads over to Tanja's side keeping more alert then ever waiting for Reed and Embel.

Reed frowned as he heard the voices, they definitely weren't alone in this building. He kept walking silently down the hall, determined to find out who else was present in this facility.

Embel didn't like the sound of the voices but kept walking her gun raises and ready to fire at a moments notice if they were attacked by the peoplle who owned the voices, she looked aat her ally and smiled slightly "you ready for whatever happens?"

After repeatedly guessing at 'paswords' Shadow growling in anger abandoned the attempt at guessing passwords and walked away from the computer. jumping off the stairs and landing with a roll shadow readied his rifle and began catching up with Embel and Reed not wanting to miss a fight.

Assembly Floor
Tanja turned to Hugar and noded softly. "Okay so I wasn't hearing things then, we probably do have people inside here with us. Keep your weapons ready then. See if you can pull any data from the computer though there are some things from Origin on there right? I'll see how Shadow is doing."

As she finished her sentence Shadow landed on the ground and went to make a move to the hall, none of the passwords were working above. Tanja noticed that he was moving on his own and called out to him. "Wait where are you going Shadow? Give me a report."

Hallway
As Embel and Reed moved further down the hall towards the sound of the voices, signs that the place had been used start to show up. There's cigarette butts lying around and through the dust they could see foot prints and places where people sat down on near by crates, obviously not too long ago. It was easy to see that the place has been used by people since after the NMX left, and that would mean the voices were likely not just some trick nature was playing on them but real people's voices.

Speaking of voices, up ahead they sounded agitated now and foot steps could be heard starting to come back towards the two. The voices had turned around, and they were moving fairly quickly. About 30 feet ahead was a corner with a crate, if the voices were coming through they'd have to pass there to reach them, but as soon as they did they would be able to see Embel and Reed clearly if they didn't do something.

Spinning around the ID-Sol walked to his captain and whispered "The damn thing needs a 'pasword' and I lack the required skill to get in, sorry" he said disappointment clear in his voice "may I join the others I don't want to miss a fight". Impatiently fiddling with his gun he awaited the Abwehran's response.

Assembly Line Room

Hugar nodded and headed off towards the computer again and moves to see if he can pull some of the data from the computer, including a password to enter the place Shadow attempted to enter.

Hallway

Reed slowed to a stop as he began to see signs of inhabitation. As he listened, he realized that the voices were no longer growing fainter, in fact they were growing louder by the second. Pointing toward some of the the larger crates that they had passed earlier, Reed urgently whispered instructions to Embel.

“Hide behind those crates until they pass. Try not to be seen."

With a few quick but careful steps he got behind a stack of crates and pressed himself against the wall.

Hallway

Embel looked at Reed and nodded as she could hear the footsteps and voices getting louder and quickly ran to the crates to hide, she went as silently as she could so not to alert the people walking to them.

Assembly Room
With a little effort Hugar managed to get two separate production prints out of the machine and onto a drive. The first was for the Ocelot Hover car, an old Luxury car that dates back to OMCs early days. The second set belonged to the Expresso Biplane, an atmospheric aircraft designed to look like older vehicles. Though these two were nothing special in the current market, they were at least Origin made, unlike the NMX vehicle prints. It would seem though that those could be copied to the drive as well.

Tanja looked at Shadow a moment with a stoic expression. "What needs a password? And we're not here to fight Shadow, we're getting paid to bring data and salvage back to our contractor. If you want to just go shoot things up though fine, there is no guarantee that there's even going to be a fight."

Hallway
Embel and Reed manage to get themselves behind the crate in time as two Nepleslians round the corner and head past them in a bit of a rush. The first is a brown haired male with a large body, he's carrying a sword in one hand and a strange looking gun in the other. He is followed by a blonde woman with short hair and the trade mark weapon of NMX foot soldiers the Impaler rifle. Thankfully neither of them notice you two huddled together behind the crate, but they're heading back int the direction of the rest of the crew, and they definitely look ready for a fight.

Hallway

Embel looked worried as she saw the two people then turned to reed and whispered "they are headed to the crew, what should we do, follow and flank them, or hope the crew would do it themselves."

Reed held his breath as he watched the two figures move past both his and Embel's hiding spot. He caught a glimpse of their equipment and blinked in surprise. Those were NMX weapons and from the way the duo held them they appeared to know how to use them.

After the two Nepleslians had passed out of earshot, Reed stepped away from the wall and took a breath. “Those people were carrying NMX weapons.” Reed spoke quickly “We got to confront them at the very least. Best case scenario, they are just scavengers who found some NMX weapons. Worst case scenario, they are the surviving NMX and are going to kill our crew."

Reed motioned for Embel to follow before he set off at a fast walk after the two strangers, checking his pistol as he talked.

"We can't let them open fire on the crew... Remember that side hallway? We will wait untill we get there before we try to get the strangers attention. If they start shooting at us, we can duck behind the corner for cover. Hopefully Tanja will hear the gunshots and send us help."

Last edited:
Hugar extracts the data onto a data pad of sorts and heads over to Tanja extending the data pad. "Here, they seemed to have only two things capable of being extracted. First is an Ocelot Hover Car, and the second is an Expresso Biplane.... I think we should group together, with one of us kinda halfassing, and the other two up front we need to stick together, otherwise someone may make a mistake, or get ambushed, we have no idea how many people are actually here at the moment..." He looked more then a little worried.

Assembly Floor

Tanja turned to attention to Hugar taking the pad and nodding. "Alright, good work, at least we know we'll get a paycheck now, and you're right, let's go meet up with the others." She puts the pad away and drew her pistol once more and started to head in the direction Embel and Reed went, motioning for them to follow.

Hallway

The armed strangers ahead of Reed and Embel were moving rather quickly, so to keep they had to have a swift pace, but before long they passed the branched hallway, leaving it within range of Embel and Reed, and both figured were within decent firing range as well.

Following Tanja, Shadow spoke softly "There was a computer upstairs that seemed like it would control the production line but i could not guess the necessary password, my apologies". Ignoring Hugar's remark about halfassing Shadow readied his rifle to fire and made sure his knife was easily accessible, just in case.

Hallway

"Okay so that branched hallway goes back right?" Embel whispered "I want you to either hide or go down that way to get to the others and warn them, I will keep the two people busy while you do so, pulling them away from where the others are, so please hurry when I do."

Reed shook his head in response to Embel’s suggestion.

“It’s too late for me to run over and warn them. Anyway, we are already pretty close to the Assembly Room. Tanja should be able to hear us exchange shots if things go poorly.”

Reed paused before continuing with a slight grin, “And I get the feeling that Hugar would kill me for leaving you to fight them alone.”

“We are doing this together.”

Reed gestured toward the two strangers “Would you like to introduce us or should I?"

Last edited:
Hugar pulled out his rifle, and followed Tanja. The large Helashio taking point infront of tanja, ready to protect her and Shadow from anyone that may desire to shoot at them. He kept his eyes open, and ears alert ready for anything should it decide to jump at them.

Reed let his gun hang by his side in a nonthreatening way before stepping out into the open. He called out the strangers.

"Hello down there! Can I help you anything?"

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…