• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

FMS-2 Field Projector AKA 'Stalwart Blade'

Yes, but how often do the Samurai fight against other Samurai?

They obviously don't have the physical strength and speed to slice up bullets or take a round capable of turning a human head into jello.

And if they do, that's one more reason I and many people I know won't play Neko characters.

Actually, Kotori did that bullet parrying thing once, and she's only had a fourth of a Ketsurui samurai's training ^_^;

The trick was to register the impact point of a shot by determining where a firearm is aiming on her body and then super-imposing the path in between with a TA-14 diamond-edge knife (or other reasonably sturdy blade) at an angle to block/deflect the blow.

PING! With a snarl, Kotori galvanised her hurting body into moving and swatted the incoming bullet out of the air with the flat of her knife. The PNUgen neko gaped for a moment - her opponent's move being surprising for a neko, let alone a burned victim - and fired another burst of shots that Kotori hurtled herself torward, the knife blurring in the air as it intercepted most of them and - heedless of the few shots that had hit her in the chest - the burnt Kotori slammed herself into the other neko.

The problem is parrying the shots of a weapon with a high rate of fire. The recoil and irregular movement of a person's arms (even a neko's) makes it impossible to accurately compensate if many shots are fired at once, not to mention there is the difficulty of just keeping a grip on the bladed weapon to keep it from flying off from the diverted momentum of the speeding bullet/energy bolt.

Kotori said:
The problem is parrying the shots of a weapon with a high rate of fire. The recoil and irregular movement of a person's arms (even a neko's) makes it impossible to accurately compensate if many shots are fired at once, not to mention there is the difficulty of just keeping a grip on the bladed weapon to keep it from flying off from the diverted momentum of the speeding bullet/energy bolt.

So why not create a field which can absorb and channel the kinetic energy back to re-enforce the field's structure or shift it to better stop the object?

The recoil of the impact, I admit isn't something I can picture fixing in the short term but as for the aim, what if it were like wafting a flame or like the visual effect of a light-saber, leaving some of whatever was there behind?

A quick twirl and a short burst from a weapon is deflected, even if it doesn't meet the sharpened broadcast shaft (known as the humble blade ;) )

Design modified upon suggestions from OsakanOne, that admittedly took place weeks ago. Awaiting criticism and/or approval.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back