Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Forum Theme Experimentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
Last night, I updated the StarArmyBlue theme to be more space-like by using a nebula artwork I purchased.

This morning, I also added another theme to the forum, CA Orbital. I tried to give it a color scheme similar to the old Solaris PHPBB2 theme. You can change your theme in your User Control Panel. Note that this theme is experimental and subject to change.

Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• ca orbital theme.webp
    ca orbital theme.webp
    261.7 KB · Views: 252
Re: New Theme Available

Update: The old solid blue theme is available under StarArmyBlue and the new nebula version is StarArmyGhostNebula.

I deleted the CA Orbital theme due to some issues with some users not rendering text in the correct colors. I've added a Proglass theme for those of you that like light colors.

Preview link: index.php?style=7

That proglass one moves too much stuff around for me. I like how you've got Blue/Ghost set up.

Not sure why it wanted the images it did, but they're back now!

i-can-dig-it-dribbble.jpg

Note: There are many, many images on the Internet that aren't high-rez enough to be properly displayed on Apple's Retina technology. Seriously. The Star Army banner, the smilies, all the images are totally pixelated. Madness. Retina display is so pretty ...

I'm okay with this.

Honestly, I didn't even notice it was different until now because I've been using my phone. And my phone is narrow. I thought the nebula was just some new banner I hadn't seen yet.

Is there interest in a Nepleslian StarArmyGreen theme?

I would totally like to see a prototype of a Nep-theme.

if we can make it work, that would be awesome.

A Nep theme sounds neat : )

If someone wants to create elements for a theme for their own faction, is there a way they could find out how and then to submit them for consideration?

I think, if we based it off the current theme, we would need a logo image, a background, and a color scheme. However I don't want to make too many themes, because they must all be updated manually when the forum software is updated.

I'm currently working on a Nepleslian theme. It's installed now and I'd like your input on it so far.

Attachments

• nep forums WIP.webp
    nep forums WIP.webp
    135.1 KB · Views: 138
The light blue lines around the text boxes are throwing it off.

I really like the Nep/Green and the Ghost Nebula themes. =) I'm not digging the proglass theme so much.

It's mainly there for people that have reading issues with the light text on a dark background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back