• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Forums Updated

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I updated the forums to the latest version. Please let me know if you encounter any errors.

Update: until I upgrade the Star Army style, it isn't usable to post to the forums. So, we're going to have this goofy blue and white template for a little bit. Sorry for the brightness.

Okay, I think we're good now.

Wes, on my screen the entire forum column is off-center toward the left. The banner header is just hanging out in space on the right side.

Do you like it without the border? I'm thinking about keeping it like that.

Our small text font still is screwy and remains way too small to be of any functional use. It'd really be nice if that would be fixed, seeing the wealth of this forum's content is textual information.

The breadcrumb navigation bar (the one that lets you go up and down the branch of the board index you're on) is now on the bottom of the screen rather than the top; is that intentional?

Fred said:
Our small text font still is screwy and remains way too small to be of any functional use. It'd really be nice if that would be fixed, seeing the wealth of this forum's content is textual information.
It's the same size it was before...?

The breadcrumb navigation bar (the one that lets you go up and down the branch of the board index you're on) is now on the bottom of the screen rather than the top; is that intentional?
Yes, I found it somewhat cumbersome. There's another one on the bottom of the page, to use after you get done reading a topo, though. If enough people want the top one back, I could restore it. Personally, though, I feel like it detracts from the page.

I just found it a bit jarring, as i was expecting it to be at the top of the page; i tend to use the breadcrumb navigation to move around in the boards rather than using the 'back' button. Also, if someone finds that they have come down a particular branch but they see nothing that they want to read, i feel that it's more intuitive to have the navigation tools at the head of the page rather than the foot, if you don't have non-scrolling frames to put them in. This is just my personal opinion, though; consider it one vote in favor of having the breadcrumb bar at the top of the page with the rest of the navigation tools.

Ah, I see. My habit is to click the Star Army logo in the header, then go form the top down again.

Most of the time I open new tabs for every thread I want to read from the New Posts page, so if I like a thread and want to find it later, I usually use the breadcrumb links to find out what forums it's nested in. It's been habit to see them at the top, so I agree, it was somewhat jarring to see them gone.

I also use the "Board Index" button from the crumb nav.

Edit: The small text that lets you know that your post is posted and gives you links to the main page or to the post you just made is about half the size it used to be.

Tiny text
Small text
Normal text
Large text
Huge text

Mmm... you're right. The small text was restored (It wasn't - I think it actually got fixed when you upgraded the forum Wes).

However, if you look at some instance of using the small font (I never use tiny - it's too, well, tiny), the size of the words used ended up being all wrong. Look here:

viewtopic.php?p=108#p108

That's part of a template I used for a lot of orders (and that Kim in turn liked and used too) but the font in places is now extremely small. That's what lead me to think the problem still wasn't fixed.

This is size 12 font. < -- size 12 font

This is size 16 font. < -- size 16 font

That's the problem -- we can't choose sizes by point size anymore; we can only use sizes based on what the forum gives us.

Can that be fixed, Wes?

For the record, I like the border.

Sorry, I think the font size thing is pretty set.

I kind of like the non-border. It's a pleasant change. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back