• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Freebeer System

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
For consistency on the Wiki, the planet should be put on its own page.

There needs to be more information regarding these items.

Celestial Bodies 2 Terrestial with satellite moons, 1 Gas Giant, 1 Asteroid Belts

First Terrestrial is misspelled. But you need to include some important details for these objects
- the order of the bodies, and the distance from the sun
- planets that are not habitable should have details, size of planet, its rotation, what the atmosphere is.
- Asteroid belt location is needed, is it a dense one or scattered, is it composed of mostly nickle-iron objects or is it mostly chunks of ice
- same with the Gas Giant.
- planets should at a minimum list how many moons, and or rings.

After all the purpose of a system is not just to be a location for a military base. Each object in it has the potential for roleplay. A ship that crash lands on an inhabitable planet with extreme temps provides a challenge for survival to the players. Having the details means that everyone who goes the system will have the same tools for us.

My astronomy isn't good enough to provide what you desire. I have added more information but I can't give you all of what you want.

the planet should be put on its own page

As for the rest of the stuff, you need to arrange the objects in the system,

You do not need a lot of astronomy, there are plenty of tools available. This one for example http://donjon.bin.sh/scifi/system/

Just generate a few systems until you find one with a brown dwarf for its star and look at the ranges of the objects in the system. Or you can just make them up.

As a GM, this article provides me with all the information I need to use it. A lot of those numbers are just a waste of Sigma's time and energy, and do nothing to add to the story, or convey any useful information to the majority of the people on SARP. As far as usability and information goes, this article should be approved.

Please, guys, stop being sticklers for asinine, useless numbers on pages like this. there is a vast hole in the amount of useful information on this site, and holding people up because they do not have what amounts to a degree in astronomy is doing more harm than good. More information is not always better, but better information is. Most of what you are asking for, is not better information.

Kai, I am pretty sure most of us do not have a degree in Astronomy. There are tools out there that can be used to help anyone on the site to provide the information.

However, this will not be approved until the items requested are supplied.

Planets go in planets name space. Systems in the system, so the planet needs to be moved.

The pages is lacking details that I as the reviewer have asked for. This will remain on hold until the changes are requested.

Lastly, Arieg has offered to provide the details if Sigma gives the okay.

PENDING

No, my responsibility. I will handle when time permits. Hopefully the weekend.

Thank you, Kai. As much as I agree with you, I will have to do a lot more work since no one sent the memo to me regarding what our current standards were before I submitted the article.

Last edited:
Still planning to work on this. Grad program is tough shit and hard enough to keep up with my RP/GM responsibilities, let alone wiki development.

No problem. Just let me know when you are ready for it to be checked.

Once I have the 4th Fleet plot rebooted and running, this will get worked on. I still have school 3 days a week plus summer job so time remains limited

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…