• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Freespacers] Don Quixote Armed Freighter

There's a red link near the bottom and the whole thing needs a spellcheck. Also, I'm kind of iffy on the phase cannon since the Mishhu phase ships are extremely rare and I'm not sure if there's ever been one actually destroyed in the RP (eg no salvage) and it's also not on the Salvage generator lists.

Not to mention that the phase ships themselves never could really fire while being phased in the first place.

Fixed typos and links, replaced "phased" with "positron" since that's a much more common weapon class.

The art should be modified eventually to reflect how it's a rather different ship from the base model, but I think it's fairly good so far now that the issue of the cannon has been resolved.

No armor system is listed but the damage stats say "Medium armor."

Even with medium armor, the damage capacity should be 24, not 40, since this is a category 3 sized ship (251-500 meters).

Please clarify how the ship is armored and adjust the Damage Capacity numbers accordingly.

I looked through many of the CX articles and it doesn't actually say what the hull is made out of. However, since this particular design was a military transport I had assumed it was made out of a medium-or-better alloy as most warships have. I'll have to ask Uso what these ships are supposed to be clad with, since I think he designed the C3F.

The 'Spacers rely solely on their hull for protection (their ECM array disables their ship shields, remember), and so design ships with a very sophisticated and rugged damage control as a result. Since this model has a modified internal structure I thought it was appropriate to boost the hull HP from 30 (The original HP value of the C3F hull its based on) to 40.

The DR system isn't really designed to accommodate changes other than armor and shielding, so I wasn't sure how to handle it. I thought the best way was increasing hull HP rather than armor, but I can always revert it to normal values if you want.

The ships have a durandium skeleton and a carbon/boron foam type material for armor. It is a generic/unspecified configuration that is as good as any other high end super material.

The damage capacity doesn't fit with the damage rules. Please fix that and your article should be good to go.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…