Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Friv, for Frivolous Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friv

Inactive Member
Hello! (There is a tl;dr summary at the bottom.)

My friends call my Friv, because of a joke told a long time ago when I didn't know what the word "frivolous" meant and asked a dumb question.

"Your question is frivolous, sweetie, because you have a dictionary beneath your desk," was the answer. Typical grade-school stuff followed, and for a couple weeks people kept calling me "frivolous" or the things I did frivolous. Eventually got shortened down to "Friv" because I was too stupid not to answer to it.

I think that is a pretty funny story, so I decided to open with it.

I love roleplaying, and after having your site mentioned to me a few months ago, and lurking around for the last couple of days, I finally decided "Hey, I'll give it a shot." What's the worst that could happen? Would I be doing less roleplay than I did before? Despite attempting to enter into a new forum community with the attitude of "Internet Strangers don't really matter," I also understand that I'm trying to enter into your community. Which makes me the stranger.

So I will conform to your rules (though I can't seem to find a specific list of them :oops: )

Am I safe to assume it goes along the same lines as The Roleplayer Guild? ("Be Cool, Like Fonz") That is, "Respect others, keep drama out of the way, and don't be a flaming jerkface" to put it in my own words?

Hopefully there isn't a "Don't tell horribly boring stories about a nickname" rule.

tl;dr: I hope you'll help me along in my effort to become a part of your community. I'm still trying to figure out your wiki. I look forward to roleplaying.

EDIT: Somewhere along the line I lost a paragraph. Basically, it summarized into: "Cat girls, space battles, and badasses? Count me in!"

The Rules.

Wouldn't know about your story being boring or not. I just skipped it to the questions and comments you had :P Your name is Friv so that what I'm calling you. Unless I find a better name for you.

You've pretty much summed up the important bits about role-playing here. My only suggestion would be to take things slow, make just a couple characters and run with them in a couple different factions to see how you like things.

If you're interested in a Nepleslian Marine, I've got a creation guide posted in this sub-forum that walks you through it. If not, there's still the usual Character Creation process.

If you want, hop on the IRC to chat with people.

Sigma

PS:

ai15.photobucket.com_albums_a376_Bloodstripes_1223274554212jpgroflposterscommyspace.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back