• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Friv, for Frivolous Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friv

Inactive Member
Hello! (There is a tl;dr summary at the bottom.)

My friends call my Friv, because of a joke told a long time ago when I didn't know what the word "frivolous" meant and asked a dumb question.

"Your question is frivolous, sweetie, because you have a dictionary beneath your desk," was the answer. Typical grade-school stuff followed, and for a couple weeks people kept calling me "frivolous" or the things I did frivolous. Eventually got shortened down to "Friv" because I was too stupid not to answer to it.

I think that is a pretty funny story, so I decided to open with it.

I love roleplaying, and after having your site mentioned to me a few months ago, and lurking around for the last couple of days, I finally decided "Hey, I'll give it a shot." What's the worst that could happen? Would I be doing less roleplay than I did before? Despite attempting to enter into a new forum community with the attitude of "Internet Strangers don't really matter," I also understand that I'm trying to enter into your community. Which makes me the stranger.

So I will conform to your rules (though I can't seem to find a specific list of them :oops: )

Am I safe to assume it goes along the same lines as The Roleplayer Guild? ("Be Cool, Like Fonz") That is, "Respect others, keep drama out of the way, and don't be a flaming jerkface" to put it in my own words?

Hopefully there isn't a "Don't tell horribly boring stories about a nickname" rule.

tl;dr: I hope you'll help me along in my effort to become a part of your community. I'm still trying to figure out your wiki. I look forward to roleplaying.

EDIT: Somewhere along the line I lost a paragraph. Basically, it summarized into: "Cat girls, space battles, and badasses? Count me in!"

The Rules.

Wouldn't know about your story being boring or not. I just skipped it to the questions and comments you had :p Your name is Friv so that what I'm calling you. Unless I find a better name for you.

You've pretty much summed up the important bits about role-playing here. My only suggestion would be to take things slow, make just a couple characters and run with them in a couple different factions to see how you like things.

If you're interested in a Nepleslian Marine, I've got a creation guide posted in this sub-forum that walks you through it. If not, there's still the usual Character Creation process.

If you want, hop on the IRC to chat with people.

Sigma

PS:

ai15.photobucket.com_albums_a376_Bloodstripes_1223274554212jpgroflposterscommyspace.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back