• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Full conversion cyborg idea.

Uso Tasuki said:
Perhaps you should start with small steps.

small steps, I try making a character that is a full conversion, (because there was not one done yet from what i seen.) Then I get told I have to approve the body first, then told after putting it down to nitpick it to the last circuit, wiring, biological cell. There is no simple full conversion cyborg, I was making it as the cyborgs I have read about (and I still toned it down from what they could do with the current tech.) There is getting to be a slight annoyance with the designing of this, I even went to making a small coporation who designed it. This is getting frustrating and getting on my nerves. I almost will create and submit a new species to pull it off and be considered not UBER.... (considering It will probably be a ssingle solar sytem society.)

Obviously it's up to you, but I'd like to ask you to not make a new species. If you haven't noticed, there's a large overabundance of new races, most made by new players. Please, consider (that is, you probably should be) using a race that's already been created for your first characters, and you can revisit this idea when you have more experience in the Star Army universe. This way, you'll know better how to approach the full cyborg idea. This should really apply for everyone thinking of making a new species: get an idea of how things go first, then you can think about making a new race.

So in other words you cannot make a full conversion cyborg as a player character, since the player is suppose to be less than 1% of a racial population...

You can, but you have to explain it really, really well. You might not have to put in the effort to design and test each individual element as the scientists who created it must have, but there's a stage somewhere between that and just saying "I want a robot that does this" which the CEO might have said.

You have to go through the entire planning stage that a group of engineers would, even if you don't go so far as to make blueprints of it; for example, you would have to figure out exactly how a bayonet sticks out of the wrist of an android, but not necessarily draw out an entire gear or hydraulic system, and calculate angles and friction and everything to verify that it would work. Calculations are mostly only required for major stuff like keeping power requirements and weight realistic.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back