• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Furaingu Ken

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You've got some boilerplate in there (THE ART STUFF IN CAPS). Please remove that, and also fix the red link in there.

You also have boilerplate in the ammunition/capacitor description. Please update that to tell us how many charges/minutes of operation the weapon has.

SDR2 for a melee weapon in the hands of an unarmored opponent, using an energy type that is not plasma or aether or anything better described? That is too far. Please describe the energy type better and justify how it is so ridiculously damaging.

Thanks for reviewing it! I have figured it out, the sword was so over powered because I made a mistake using the conversion chart. Don't know how I screwed that up.

I have made the adjustments, how are they?

On the conversion chart there is a jump after reaching SDR 1(ADR 5), it goes immediately to SDR 2 which appears to be equivalent to ADR 10. I must be misunderstanding the chart because it suggests that there is a middle ground.

Also, I forgot to add this to the write up but using the overcharge mode is damaging to the weapon. 50% chance of it not turning back on. Use it twice and it's components burn up, dead stick.

The conversion doesn't quite work that way. That said, I'd work with ADR5 as you max; that's enough to slash into any PA out there.

I have modified the pricing to what I think is appropriate for the potential damage the weapon can do, and that it is a custom order type. aka Not going into mass production

@Rizzo: A concerned player let me know that the Yamataian you use to say "Flying" should be "tobu," not "furaingu." Can we make that change?

I definitely want to have the most accurate title possible. I looked it and tobu does mean flying, however when I add the word 'sword' after it I got Furaingu Ken again. On a different translation site I got Furaingusoto.
The word 'Flying' in the name could be either an adjective as it describes a sword inflight however the name of the sword is seriously just 'flying sword' which I believe would be just nouns as it is what the sword is identified as.

In conclusion, I have no flipping idea. I might have over thought this. I don't really know the Japanese language. I'll differ to anyone who knows what the best translation is. It's going to end up being called TA-NX(tanks) anyway.

I just read my last post and I found it a little confusing, I should clarify it a bit.

The word flying is not being used as an adjective, when the sword is powered off and sitting on the bottom of the ocean it is still called 'Flying Sword' no matter how stationary is is. It is because the word 'flying' is being used to define an item's ability and name that I feel 'Furaingu' is a more suitable name.

If that's the case, it might be better to simply use "Flying" instead of using phonetics. "Furaingu" could be "flying" or "frying" in Yamataian.

After a little bit of research I agree, Kokū Ken is definitely more fitting. Furaingu is used as a sports reference that means 'false start' in addition to other uses. I'm starting to get the feeling that it is a made up word.

I'll be making the switch as I find time

All set. The wiki now reflects the name as Kokū Ken 航空剣

Whoever noticed the problem, thanks for bringing this up.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…