• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Futuristic Space RP... I like it.

Vallen

Inactive Member
Hello all,

I'm new to this site, though I'm not new to PBP writing at all. I started RPing, oh heavens, ten, maybe eleven, years ago on a Facebook group that developed into the large PBP forum, Jedi vs. Sith. Since then I have evolved my tastes and have written on several sites that correlate with a couple of LARPs that I was, and still am, a member of. These include a Star Wars LARP and a Warhammer Fantasy LARP.

Speaking of Warhammer, I have played those tabletop games for a just a few years longer than I have been writing on forums like these. For those of you out there that play, I had a High Elf army for Fantasy and a Dark Angels army for 40k. Sadly, I no longer play Warhammer. It was just too expensive to keep up. Instead, I am currently looking into a game called Infinity, which is a smaller scale, futuristic war game, similar to this site.

I am a member of the United States Army's Reserve Officer Training Corps, and have just a few months until I'm a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army Reserve. I have some knowledge of the military of many countries, as my minor in college is Military Science and Leadership.

I'm excited about this site, and I may have finally found a home for my gnawing desire for a Sci-Fi PBP forum.

Thank you,
Vallen

Hello Vallen,
Welcome to Star Army Role Play (SARP). We are always happy to have new folks come and join our community.

I am one of the site admins. We have a lot to offer a player, there are multiple factions each with their own unique aspects in a shared universe. You are not restricted to any one in particular. There are plenty of folks who have one or more characters in various factions.

We have structured roleplay which means making a character and joining and existing plot. We also have a number of Open Roleplay plots that you can dive into if you prefer a more free play experience.

I recommend that you check out our New Player's guide to get the basics.

If you want to join a plot, the first step is for you to decide on which Faction and Plot that you would like to join.

Here is a list of Active Plots, the page shows which plots are looking for new players.

You will probably have questions about making a character for the plots, so feel free to post them here, or you can contact the GM for the plot you are interested. If you want a quicker response, checkout our IRC. There are always plenty of folks, and most are more than willing to lend a hand.

So let us know what we can do to help get you started.

Nashoba.

Hi Vallen! I'm Wes, the site's webmaster/admin. Good to hear you're doing well with working towards being an officer in the Army. I am an Army vet myself and I got out in 2007. Nashoba's covered the basics so I'll just say you are very welcome here and just ask if there's I anything I can do to help you get settled in and enjoying the site. See you around the site!

Welcome to the site Vallen.

Like ShotJon says, you can find several of us on the IRC, and we'd be pretty happy to share our setting with you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around. It's a lot to take in, so don't feel intimidated. If I'm around on there in the IRC, I'll do my best to tell you what I know about the setting, and how RP usually works here. Usually though, the channel is just lots of random if we're not talking about what's happening in the setting.

Also, assuming that avatar is where I think it's from, "The Prototype" was my favorite.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back