• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Galactic Horizon] 7.7mm Legion Revolver + Volt Ammo + Black Patent Revolver Assembly

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
Howdy

This is probably the last Galactic Horizon revolver I'll submit but I really like the idea of there being an article for a specific mechanism that can be utilized by other submissions in the future if people so desire, it is rather niche what with it being a revolver thing but still! (I do plan on maybe using it for non-GH articles in the future if I can kick my lazy ass back into gear, but it's something anyone can yeet onto an article if they want a revolver with a gas-sealed cylinder.)

Anyway, it should be a fairly straight-forward procedure, maybe just some grammatical fixes but I've had this sitting on the wiki for a while so I may as well submit it.

Technically this needs Nesh FM approval, and I'm the only active Nesh FM, so 🦊 approved.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey Skully!

I'll take this one on. :) Some things that stand out to me in an initial pass:

- There's some run-on sentences that make it hard to follow. A good example is the second paragraph of the Black-Patent Revolver Assembly's 'Function and Design' section. Could you do a scan through your articles and try to clean those up? It'll improve the overall flow.
- I need to do a little research on the feasibility/balance aspect of a revolver being Tier 3. The closest similar thing I found on a quick search is the Judge, which can go up to a single-shot Tier 3 with its variable ammo. Are there any rate of fire restrictions or anything along those lines for the stronger ammo types? It lists the recoil as 'very heavy' for that tier of ammo, but I'm not sure how that impacts the weapon's actual usage.

I'll give this one a couple of extra days for comments and research on my side.

Thanks!

The grammatical issues should be ironed out by now, as for the balancing I tried to make it clearer that trying to fire the larger calibers in rapid succession will kick the gun all over the place, since they have much more recoil.

I hope that works for you ^^

Edit: also, small thing, but I didn't see any 25mm ammo on the ammo page that the Judge links to?

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back