• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Galaxy Scouts] Pocket Knife

Re: [Galaxy Scouts] Pocket Utility Knife System

I don't see how all that would fit into the dimensions specified.

See, Teddo, I told you. SARP tech may be wondrous, but it's not THAT wondrous. Either make the thing considerably bigger (6 x 3 x 3 or larger) or cut back on what it contains. Even if you make it bigger you'll still probably have to cut down on its contents.

Yeah, Kai had already told me about the size issues. The parts that would seem to be the biggest issue are the scanner, battery, and plasma storage. The first two I imagine could fit with a bit of a size bump, but I'm unclear on the plasma. Can you make that anywhere near pocket knife-size? If not, perhaps have single-shot cartridges of incendiaries that the knife can fire... like matches... only burnier. :3

You could make something capable of generating a burst of plasma very small, but it seems like a needless waste of resources to start a fire. You have tons of far simpler methods to light a fire, from a electrical starter (where it just heats a wire hot enough to start something), to a electrical arc, to a simple sparker (from the complex to good 'ol flint and steel).

Galaxy Scouts' founder is Nepleslian ex-marine... he's not the most subtle creature in the galaxy. :3 My immediate thought was "PLASMA TORCH!!!!" :twisted: Flashy all the way. Forgive me, I'm a megalomaniac.

Electrical arc sounds fun. Maybe I'll try that... like a lightning bolt.....

or, the laser blade having an alternate setting, where it shoots a concentrated burst instead of projecting a stable stream.

I had not noticed it had a laser blade. If it has a laser strong enough to cut you don't need to add anything else to start fires, just have a lower-output setting for the knife to start the fires.

aye, but again, megalomaniac. I must first exhaust all of the more extravagant, more destructive alternatives. xD

How about the electric arc thing but it has a higher setting to where you could use it for interrogations. If the need arises :twisted:

"Interrogation patch: Successfully interrogate the red scum"...

You know.........

that's not a half bad idea. As a matter of fact, they could use something for the possibility of being attacked by native species. Super-tazer :3

It's gone through a good deal of editing, up for further review.

Yeah, but I did add the 'arc lightning' as a taser never know when a rankor will sneak up on you... *Force lightning*

...sorry, Force Unleashed reference...

Can you post a DOGA model of this? I'm still finding it hard to believe all this could fit in the alloted space, and would like to see how it all goes together.

Also, I'm not sure the straw thing would actually work.

DOGA isn't Mac-compatible. I'll try to get some sketches up of it.

Also, I expanded the size from 5x2x1 to 5x3x2. That triples the volume.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ