• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Game element] Rank for Independent characters...sort of

I think having zero next to six (and not one) is counter-intuitive and potentially confusing. I also think that "kickass" is not a good rank name.

Edits were made.

Though not sure to reverse the number ranking, 1 typically sounds more elite than 7.

Yes it sounds like a nerdy idea, tough badasses going online to check up their profile doesn't it?

I will now rant on what went though my mind, as sometimes it may not work out when I try to organize some things. Sometimes this also helps me write what I may have forgotten.

When an outlaw looks into the site, more than likely they would be looking at potential bounties or missions to take. Thanks to almost too detailed info, those who are more known would probably have higher bounties and notoriety. The Rank itself is just something to show how renown the person is, as well as for OOC use.

On the site's side, they have to be making money somehow. It would cost money to post up missions on their site, being very popular, a mission posted gets plenty of coverage, matched with assorted filters and restrictions that could be placed so the people you want to see the mission can see it. Subscription fee also for special stuff, such as ignoring placed restrictions and access to ORB missions (that are guaranteed to pay well on completion).

I guess it also depends on how IC characters take it, while civs would casually read stuff, expert killers would only log in to see if there's any good missions or bounties, and of course mission posters who would like to remain undisclosed.

So if a bounty hunter considers moving in Nep Prime area, he can look up and see that Luca is landing there, and thus decides to move to Nep Prime to claim the bounty, or claim the bounty of several others that are trying to off Luca.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ