Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Gartagen Hyperfold

It varies, there was a discussion a while back. Small ships can charge faster than larger ones, and longer jumps take more time to charge as well.

Well...I can't really put something like that down unless I have a clear cut rule on it.

Because if it varies, then charge time could be anywhere from just under one hour to several hours, depending on the distance being plotted.

A simple formula would do, how about something like..

Charge time (Ct) = [Time] per [unit of distance] multiplied by (1 + [ship's SP as a percentage])

or something geometric like the above formula but... Ct = ...([ship's SP as a percentage]^x))

x being equal to any number greater than 1.00 and less than or equal to 2.00 that you feel yields an appropriate geometric progression as size increases. Just keep the exponent the same for every ship.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back