• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Gartagen Hyperfold

What is the charge time for the folds?

It varies, there was a discussion a while back. Small ships can charge faster than larger ones, and longer jumps take more time to charge as well.

Well...I can't really put something like that down unless I have a clear cut rule on it.

Because if it varies, then charge time could be anywhere from just under one hour to several hours, depending on the distance being plotted.

A simple formula would do, how about something like..

Charge time (Ct) = [Time] per [unit of distance] multiplied by (1 + [ship's SP as a percentage])

or something geometric like the above formula but... Ct = ...([ship's SP as a percentage]^x))

x being equal to any number greater than 1.00 and less than or equal to 2.00 that you feel yields an appropriate geometric progression as size increases. Just keep the exponent the same for every ship.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…