Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Gartagen Pharmaceutics upgrades and enhancements!

Ira

Ser Spit
Inactive Member
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ga ... s_upgrades

Faction Approved: Yes

Necessary: It is a new idea to the forum.

OOC: As a side note I do realize that drugs and such can have "bad mixes" such as using more then one or cock-tailing them all. I leave such side effects up to the player, and the results of improvement as something a GM and a Player are able to discuss. Mind you the perks of such drugs and enhancements are expected to be used with in reason.

Just putting in my two cents as someone who works as a pharmacist IRL, I haven't looked over much of the page, but I checked out what SR was referencing, and yeah, he's right. Blood vessels contracting would prevent blood from flowing properly, leading to severe hypotension, organ failure, and eventually, coma and death.

EDIT: Looking over it further, a lot of the explanations behind the mechanisms of the drugs don't make any sense, and in those cases I'd say it's probably better to just handwave it since you'd need a doctorate to describe / understand the pharmacokinetics anyway. I also noticed that you have mood stabilizers under both "physical" and "mental" enhancements. How come?

If you want to, you can contact me on IRC, and I can help you flesh things out more.

Ira said:
It is sci-fi, not sci-fact.

I agree with the spirit of this statement, if not with how it was used to defend the submission. Anyway, this isn't a new idea; it's been in use by Nepleslia for a long time.

But it seems Kyle beat me to the article, so I'll just leave it at that for my review. ;)

:shock:

Strange, I stamped this with my approval this morning and moved it into the approval box, though that was 'before' my net decided to die... aughs.

But yea, I saw nothing wrong with this at the time that I looked it over last night. Frown's statements are valid and her being in this kind of a field does hold some weight, but this is science fiction and not everything has to be based on reality.

With that, I will stamp this for the second time with my approva... and hope my net doesn't die while doing so!

Approved!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back