Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Good recent movies?

RazealK

Inactive Member
Since I'm stuck at home when I'm not wondering around still being sick from this damn flu, I've been watching movies recently, I just can't remebered a lot of the one's I've wanted to see. I seem to have lost touch since I got out of school. O.o
Some I've just seen:
V for Vendetta (loved it)
Nacho Libre (ok, didn't get some of it)
Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead man's chest ( had to see it after the first)
Can anyone reccomend some good movies or tv series?

Silent Hill - There's just something about certain scenes in there that make me want to watch over and over.... especially that final one.

Scary Movie 4 - yes its cheesy, its crass, and its the only one of the Scary Movies I've watched. But I laughed.

Date Movie - Yeah following up my bad movie parody lineup. I still laughed.

I watched Love, Actually last night and was very surprised! Hugh Grant in a movie that doesn't suck! Funny, and lots of gratuitious sex.

Some movies I saw which I loved:

V for Vendetta = Changed my life.
Snakes on a Plane = YAAAYYY!!
Oldboy = Suspenseful, watched it last night!

...and still more people praise the Wachowski's vicious butchery of Alan Moores masterwork. Ill keep my undying hatred for that godawful movie to myself, though.

Recent good movies Ive seen that I reccomend to everyone?

Not a whole lot. I dont like movies as much as some may think.

But I did enjoy Pirates of the Carribbean 2. Even with all its flaws.
I liked X-men 3, even with all its flaws.
I liked Superman Returns. It was an excellent story with good actors, it was just too long and badly edited.
And even though it wasnt recent, I stil suggest that everyone go and buy Serenity. And buy a copy for a friend.

I just got back from seeing The Departed with some friends. It was an awesome movie, and well worth the ticket price at any time of the day.

can't really say i've seen any movies lately (as in the last couple of months)

everything just looks so terrible

although i did get talked into watching american idol (the grant movie), it was..... surprisingly funny

oh and old boy, that was just freaking weird. Good but REALLY weird.

Lord of War - Amazing.
Million Dollar Baby - Extremely good.
The Man Who Would Be King - Amazing.
Doctor Strangelove - Brilliant.

Borat - Not great.

Lord of War was rather good, if not a bit too angsty towards the end. I'm more of a comedy person myself. My favourites, along with some quotes I dug up on the IMDB.

Fight Club - "You know why they put oxygen masks on planes? Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - "This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes."

The 40 Year Old Virgin - "You know what my problem is? I am not interesting. What am I supposed to say, I went to magic camp? That I'm an accomplished ventriloquist? Oh, I am the 7th degree imperial yo-yo master."

Snakes on a Plane!

Hands down, the best movie I have seen recently would definitly have to be Snakes on a Plane. Saw the midnight showing with my friends, so awesome lol. Its actually a lot less corny then everyone thinks it is. They did a great job on the effects and it does do a good job of scarying you, especially the ending *cough*. I can just imagine if someone was to try that XD

"Sir whats in that bag?"
"...lifesize gummi robotic snakes?"
"Oh ok."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back