• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

GR-01 Drachenhauch

Abwehran Commander

Inactive Member
Type: Gauss Rifle
Model: GR-01 Drachenhauch
Designer: Kaizerlich F+E
Manufacturer: Kaizerlich Waffenerbauer
Government: Abwehran Empire
Organizations:
  • - Schirmherrschaft
    - Weltraumflotte
    - Nachrichtendienst
Dimensions: 33 cm. long
Weight: 45 kg.
Range: 6,234 meters
Discharge: 20mm rounds/ 100 rounds per second
Firing Modes: Full-Automatic
Magazine: Barrel-type Backpack
Capacity: 2000 rounds

History & Description: The Gauss Rifle is basically a Mini-Gun version of the Abwehran Mass-driver; it was created right after the Rebellion and has been used ever since. With the largest magazine in the military forces, the Drachenhauch is definitely the type of weapon only Powered Armor can carry into battle. The user sacrifices the speeds and jumping capacity a Dämon Powered Armor can reach for extreme firepower. Though the soldier doesn't have to be completely stationary while firing the GR-01, he must walk very slow and fire in a sweeping motion for this weapon to be effective. The magazine does have the ability to be replaced if needed, but due to the size of the magazine in question it is only possible if the user was defending a stationary position. The Gauss Rifle can be used as a turret emplacement to defend stationary targets.

Though untested in combat, the GR-01 Drachenhauch has gone through massive amounts of tests in simulations and firing ranges to see its effectiveness. Surpassing the expectation of military forces and even the efficiency and penetration of the ILC-01, the GR-01 is the preferred anti-infantry weapon of the Imperial Military Forces. Though the brass would prefer the use of the ILC-01 to the GR-01, it is believed that the Drachenhauch will never be retired anytime soon.

This is a gun that's a foot long and weighs 45 kg. That alone should set off alarm bells. That's a hell of a heavy gun at less than the length of your forearm.

2000 round capacity. Also, "barrel" drum magazines wouldn't do it. Belt fed? Fine. But the weight is still an issue. A 20mm slug weighs 3.5 oz. 2000 of them weighs 437.5 pounds. That's heavy, no matter what sort of powered armor you're wearing. And it takes up 52464.5 cc of volume. That's almost 2 cubic feet. Takes up too much room. And besides, at 100 rounds a second, 2000 rounds of ammo's gonna last you 20 seconds. Also, 100 rounds a second is fast for a handheld anything. It sounds like you tried to scale down a vulcan cannon. That's just not feasable for an anti-personnel weapon.

Also, the range on that thing is a bit ludicrous. Anything that can throw a projectile six clicks is gonna have a hell of a lot of recoil. Just mentioning.

That's my two cents.

Ok, one...it is a backpack drum magazine. This means it has to be belt-fed in order to operate.

Two, Powered-Armor should make up the difference in weight by increasing the users strength by several times.

Three, I'm estimating the range of Gauss Rifle due to the velocity a mass-driver would launch each round. Since the velocity of a mass-driver round is usually around the super-sonic ranges.

But thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. And I will try to respond to your reply on the Mass-driver Rifles thread after I read it a few dozen times. It's a lot to take in at one time.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back