• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [Gun] NSP33-YE 38 Special Replica

Zack

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Gun
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wazu:nsp3338sr

Faction: Wazu put it together
FM Approved Yet? (Yes/No; Who, When)
Faction requires art? (Yes/No)

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:Jumping ahead of some questions

Why not make a wireless battery pack?
A: Not feeling like putting that together right now.

Don't you need Wes' approval?
A: It isn't an actual NSP, it just looks like it. It is basically entirely different components under the hood that are compatable with SAoY stuff

There are already too many NSP pages!
A: I was thinking this would go on the NSP33 page as a varient entry with a link to thie main article.

Who is making this?
A: Wazu will hire someone to put them together when we get to that point in the plot.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Requesting Wes' approval anyway. I appreciate you trying to answer questions first, but I have plenty of others that will wait until Wes gives this a check himself.

@Wes: Can you please consider the reuse of the art as well? It's Toshiro's art initially, so I don't know how reusing it this way works.

Eh, the art is really featureless and it bugs me. There's not even a trigger. Also, Doshii, the art Toshiro made was a trace/reproduction of my Type 30 NSP artwork.

I'm not really feeling this, as a concept - I think it would have helped to get FM permission/guidance first.

Can you kind of elaborate in a concise way what the point of this is?

Wazu's take on the classic stylings of the Nekovalkyrja Service Pistol, Type 33.

To be concise, this is exactly what it says on the tin.

To be more elaborate, The Ketsuri's take on a pistol would be the Type 30.

Yai (Toshiro)'s take on the Type 30 would be the Type 33. He looked at what he could add to improve the pistol and then also made a highly detailed, well thought out, wiki article for the submission. The type 33 is very much classic Toshiro: Add some stuff (more magazine capacity) to the base design and add a lot of attention to detail for what is already there.

Wazu's take on this is to take stuff away from the gun. Reduce the extras and then focus on opening up what is there. In typical Wazu fashion what he came up with is a bit technical and not for everyone. Instead of having to reload the pistol, it can just draw power from a nearby Neko using tech that is already in the setting. This eliminates the need for carrying extra magazines and the entire reloading process... but why stop there? The NSP33 has buttons on the side, but you can get rid of those entirely and replace them with telepathic commands. Then there is the trigger, might as well get rid of that too since we've already gotten rid of the buttons. Instead of a trigger there is just a pressure sensitive plate, no mechanical trigger to pull, just squeeze like you would a regular trigger and BAM.

Of course, there is a lot you could do with this kind of setup, so there is an API and an App you can use to program the gun to act how you want. Rather than creating a simple to use weapon, Wazu would go for leaving it fairly open so the user could do what they want. You could do some pretty cool stuff with this, but your average soldier isn't going to care and would just stick with the original NSP 30 or 33.

The end goal isn't to replace the NSP 33. Instead this is a neat little gun that Wazu can give out to people as a gift.

---

Edit: And how does this all tie into styling? While the KZ have their own style, and Toshiro tends to add more options, Wazu goes for minimalism. That's why the gun art is intentionally lacking in logos, text, and buttons.

Last edited:
The Type 30 and 33 were designed to replace the model before, not be one-offs. Replacing the guts of the weapon and saying the pistols aren't really for sale is a way around that, but it's still taking a military weapon and copying at least a portion of it.

People have done this sort of thing with obsolete Hoplites, but Wazu is doing it with a pistol very much alive and in current service.

Bumping this with a five-day notice of automatic rejection. If this is still being tweaked, I can put it on hold.

Go ahead and reject it for the time being. Looks like the only way to get an NSP variant approved is going to be to make an entirely different gun and have an NSP flavor of that gun. I may get around to it but it won't be within 5 days.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back